View Poll Results: Will there be a government shutdown?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • House Republicans will cave-in, give Obama all he wants and shutdown will be avoided

9 42.86%
  • House Republicans will stand firm and there will be a government shutdown

9 42.86%
  • Other

3 14.29%

Thread: Will there be a government shutdown?

Default Will there be a government shutdown?

Your thoughts?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by qh4dotcom View Post
    Your thoughts?
    Is this a serious question?

It will never happen. Why? Because if it did, people would see that the sky will not fall. This, in turn, would undue the last three generations worth of effort Theye expended getting the majority to buy into their phony baloney world view.
    --

http://freedomisobvious.blogspot.com
    http://turnyourbackonthem.wordpress.com

ignominia et contemptum tyrannis

Habeo excelsum artem; afflixerim cum crudelitate illis qui laedas me

Shelley's thinly veiled warning to tyrants:

The monster saw my determination in my face and gnashed his teeth in the impotence of anger. "Shall each man," cried he, "find a wife for his bosom, and each beast have his mate, and I be alone? I had feelings of affection, and they were requited by detestation and scorn. Man! You may hate, but beware! Your hours will pass in dread and misery, and soon the bolt will fall which must ravish from you your happiness forever. Are you to be happy while I grovel in the intensity of my wretchedness? You can blast my other passions, but revenge remains--revenge, henceforth dearer than light or food! I may die, but first you, my tyrant and tormentor, shall curse the sun that gazes on your misery. Beware, for I am fearless and therefore powerful. I will watch with the wiliness of a snake, that I may sting with its venom. Man, you shall repent of the injuries you inflict.”

House Republicans will be cowed into submission by their Tea party brethren, and cause a government shutdown. And then big business donors will talk some sense into them. I expect that shutdown will last for a few days.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JCDenton0451 View Post
    House Republicans will be cowed into submission by their Tea party brethren, and cause a government shutdown. And then big business donors will talk some sense into them. I expect that shutdown will last for a few days.
    Hey, you sound like you could do a pretty good job over at MSNBC. You know how to use adjectives and verbs to strike just the right notes in the heart of bleeding heart liberals (hey, I can do that too).
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"This just in, a last minute compromise between R's and D's has just completed"

Its what they have done, every single time.
    "Feminists are happy when I tell them that I treat all women like queens. The smiles soon turn to frowns when I tell them that I am an anarchist and don't care for queens."

"The citizen is not free to act out and express the wishes of the citizen; the citizen is a consumer of ideological models that are sold to the citizen through agency's of mass propaganda" Terence Mckenna

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    Hey, you sound like you could do a pretty good job over at MSNBC. You know how to use adjectives and verbs to strike just the right notes in the heart of bleeding heart liberals (hey, I can do that too).
    MSNBC is right this time. Sorry.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JCDenton0451 View Post
    MSNBC is right this time. Sorry.
    Nah, don't be sorry, it's just another day at the carnival, and no one is right there.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

Even if the government "shuts down", it doesn't really shut down.

Can I stop paying my taxes if they really shut down? They don't need the money right?

need a 4th option "I hope so"

Social security, medicare, military, etc will all be paid regardless. Federal workers will continue working and will jsut be paid later. There will be no government shutdown. The NSA/TSA/CIA/DEA/etc will continue to keep you all slaves.

Government is a self perpetuating entity with it's own printing presses, this is nothing but semantics...

Where's the "I wish.." option??
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    Nah, don't be sorry, it's just another day at the carnival, and no one is right there.

lol. +1. And just like carnival workers, these lowlifes in Congress have the sales and marketing skills to get you to play their no win game.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect - Mark Twain

Why Government Doesn't Work

The American Ideal of 1776: The Twelve Basic American Principles

Blog Entries

When are people gonna learn? They do the same crap as often as they can. Look at how often they still say WMD's even though it blew up in their faces long ago. They Govern by Crisis. And we arent going to get to the Root of the Problems if we continue to ask questions that dont teach us what the Root of the Problem really is.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintian an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

You are Ron Paul's Media!

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Government is a self perpetuating entity with it's own printing presses, this is nothing but semantics...
    Somehow I don't think the printing presses at the Bureau of Engraving and Printing will be shut down...

Quote Originally Posted by eduardo89 View Post
    Somehow I don't think the printing presses at the Bureau of Engraving and Printing will be shut down...
    Hell no they won't this is nothing but semantics, a dog-n-pony show.