Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Mad Max in NYC. Biker punks swarm Man and child in SUV

Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    New Video Shows Alexian Lien Pulled From SUV By Bikers And Beaten
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4146694.html
    A new video obtained by a local New York news station shows the brutal beating of SUV driver Alexian Lien in the now infamous Sept. 29 biker gang incident.

The video, obtained by WABC-TV, was filmed by a witness late last month but not revealed until now. Police have already seen it, WABC-TV reports.

"What the f**k is wrong with you?" shouts one of the bikers, as Lien is pulled from his Range Rover, which contain his wife and 2-year-old daughter.

The video appears to show the bikers beating Lien with their helmets and stomping on him. At one point Lien is shown lying on the ground, not moving.

WARNING: Video is violent and may be unsuitable for some viewers.

So far, nine bikers, including some police officers, have been arrested for their alleged roles in the incident.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Grand jury indicts 11 bikers in NYC highway brawl

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/11/09...cmp=latestnews

A grand jury has indicted 11 bikers, including an undercover New York City police detective, on various charges related to a motorcyclist-SUV highway melee.

The indictment Friday says undercover detective Wojciech Braszczok was charged with gang assault, criminal mischief, riot and other counts.

Prosecutors have said Braszczok participated in the Sept. 29 attack by shattering the SUV's back window. He was off duty at the time. Attorney John Arlia didn't immediately return a message seeking comment.

Police say that after the SUV driver bumped a bike that had slowed in front of the vehicle, motorcyclists converged on the vehicle. Police say the driver, while trying to get away, ran over a biker then motorcyclists caught up with the driver and beat him. The driver hasn't been charged.

Undercover cop in biker-gang beating rattled on the stand

An undercover cop on trial in the biker gang assault of a Manhattan dad squirmed on the stand as prosecutors challenged his claim that he did nothing to help the victim because he feared for his own safety.

“At the time you saw this man on the ground being beaten you did not intervene to help him, correct?” asked Assistant District Attorney Joshua Steinglass.
    “Right. I looked over, I didn’t know who was in the car. I felt unsafe,” answered Wojciech Braszczok as he nervously fidgeted in his seat at the non-jury trial in Manhattan Supreme Court.
    “I was afraid of who was inside the vehicle.”

Braszczok, 34, conceded he knew victim Alexian Lien’s wife was in the car.
    “But I didn’t know who was in the back,” he claimed. “I didn’t see who was inside the car. I didn’t know.”
    Lien’s infant daughter was in the backseat covered in shattered glass.
    “You knocked out the back window,” the prosecutor shot back. “You had a pretty good view if you bothered to look.”

The tragic confrontation began earlier that afternoon when Lien was driving on the West Side Highway on Sept. 29, 2013.
    He had an altercation with the rowdy gang of bikers, and they surrounded his SUV.
    In a desperate bid to escape, the panicked father ran over and seriously injured one of them.

A swarm of bikers pursued the SUV to West 178th Street where the detective was caught on video shattering the rear window of Lien’s Range Rover with a gloved fist.

Then he’s seen doing nothing as his fellow bikers yank the Tribeca dad from his car and beat him until he’s unconscious in a pool of his own blood.
    Braszczok told Justice Maxwell Wiley he’d only pursued Lien to detain him because he believed he’d killed a biker. But when the attack began, it was unsafe to intervene.

“Isn’t it true, Detective Braszczok, the real reason you didn’t stop the attack was because you were part of it?” demanded Steinglass.
    “Absolutely not,” replied the detective.

The prosecutor asked Braszczok whether he believed he was guilty.
    “Absolutely not,” he answered firmly. “In my heart and in my mind, I believe I did not commit any crime.”
    http://nypost.com/2015/06/04/underco...-on-the-stand/

This cop's testimony is irrelevant.

There is nothing that he could say that would negatively influence his ultimate exoneration.

Color me surprised if he has the book thrown at him with a misdemeanor littering or disorderly charge.

An undercover New York Police Department detective was acquitted Tuesday of the most serious charges but convicted of lesser crimes for participating in a motorcycle rally that devolved into highway pandemonium as an SUV driver was pulled from his window and beaten bloody in front of his wife and toddler.

Detective Wojciech Braszczok and his co-defendant, Robert Sims, had said they believed the driver was fleeing the scene of a crime because he had just struck a biker amid the September 2013 rally. But a judge, not a jury, found them not guilty of the top charges of gang assault and first-degree assault but guilty of second-degree assault, coercion, riot and criminal mischief. Sims was also found guilty of a more serious assault charge.

"The verdict was based on the law and evidence and nothing but the law and the evidence," Judge Maxwell Wiley said. "I'm sure that it will be noted that the court arrived at different verdicts between the defendants. This difference was based solely on the court's evaluation of the evidence."

Braszczok and Sims had faced up to 25 years if convicted of the top charges. They now face significantly less time.

Braszczok is suspended pending termination based on the felony conviction. The minimum for Braszczok is two years in state prison and the maximum is seven years. The minimum for Sims is 3 and a half years in state prison and the maximum is five to 15 years.
    http://7online.com/news/decision-exp...t-case/774409/

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    "The verdict was based on the law and evidence and nothing but the law and the evidence," Judge Maxwell Wiley said. "I'm sure that it will be noted that the court arrived at different verdicts between the defendants. This difference was based solely on the court's evaluation of the evidence."
    I wonder if His Reverend Magistrate Wiley offers such apologia with respect to verdicts that don't involve any cops ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

NYPD undercover detective Wojciech Braszczok gets 2 years in biker melee

NEW YORK — An undercover New York City police detective convicted for his role in the assault of an SUV driver by motorcyclists on a highway has been sentenced to two years in jail.

Wojciech Braszczok was given the sentence Wednesday in state Supreme Court by Justice Maxwell Wiley, who convicted him earlier this year.

The 34-year-old detective was off duty when the 2013 attack on driver Alexian Lien occurred. He testified he didn’t intervene because he feared for his safety. He said he didn’t intend to hurt Lien and fled.

Prosecutors used helmet camera footage of the bikers chasing after Lien and swarming his SUV to identify suspects. They say Lien ran over a motorcyclist before he was pulled from his Range Rover and beaten.

Eleven men were indicted in the confrontation.

http://pix11.com/2015/08/05/nypd-und...-side-highway/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

He testified he didn’t intervene because he feared for his safety.
    f#cking pussy.
    Seattle Sounders 2016 MLS Cup Champions 2019 MLS Cup Champions 2022 CONCACAF Champions League - and the [un]official football club of RPF

just a libertarian - no caucus

He testified he didn’t intervene because he feared for his safety.
    Quote Originally Posted by surf View Post
    f#cking pussy.
    Hell, by that logic, he should have drawn his service weapon and just started lighting everyone up!

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Hell, by that logic, he should have drawn his service weapon and just started lighting everyone up!
    don't want to criticize a misinterpretation, but how the hell did you come to that conclusion? "intervention" to protect a beating victim does not generally require one to light folks up with a gun, but it does require a bit of courage and morality. this f#cking pussy had neither.
    Seattle Sounders 2016 MLS Cup Champions 2019 MLS Cup Champions 2022 CONCACAF Champions League - and the [un]official football club of RPF

just a libertarian - no caucus

Quote Originally Posted by surf View Post
    don't want to criticize a misinterpretation, but how the hell did you come to that conclusion? "intervention" to protect a beating victim does not generally require one to light folks up with a gun, but it does require a bit of courage and morality. this f#cking pussy had neither.
    "Feared for my safety" is the catch all phrase uttered when ever a cop shoots an unarmed civilian.

Wojciech Braszczok may your prison time be a painful and terrifying experience. You are a criminal and a coward.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314