Thread: Alison Lundergan Grimes Wants You To Know She's A VIP

Alison Lundergan Grimes Wants You To Know She's A VIP

http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=...&id=061f9ae3c9

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky College Republicans
    LOUISVILLE, KY—Apparently Alison Lundergan Grimes, Kentucky's Secretary of State who is less than half way through her first term in her first public office, thinks she's so important that she needs to ride around town in the back seat of a black suburban…driven by personal chauffeur, her husband.

Popular belief was that Hollywood had left Kentucky when Ashley Judd finally was forced out by fellow democrats, but perhaps after rubbing elbows with Harry Reid and Hollywood liberals Alison Lundergan Grimes has returned to KY thinking she's the new star in town.

While Alison Lundergan Grimes clearly loves the elitest Hollywood lifestyle, we hope that she will remember the hard working Kentuckians that are losing their jobs due to Obmacare, Hollywood's liberal agenda and Barack Obama and Harry Reid's 'war on coal.’

We think you'll agree – this.is.weird.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Let me get this straight, her husband picks her up and she sits in the back seat.

Therefore she thinks her $#@! doesn't stink? She is going to be on Real Housewives of Louisville?

This is sexist filth.
    Inactive

List of Liberty-minded candidates for Congress in 2014
    Party: Libertarian (since registration) / Religion: none (Ignostic)

“If while on your way you meet no one your equal or better, steadily continue on your way alone. There is no fellowship with fools.”
    ― Dhammapada, v. 61

"Asking why there are no Libertarian countries is akin to asking why there are no Atheist Theocracies." - #AncapJackal

Quote Originally Posted by Smart3 View Post
    Let me get this straight, her husband picks her up and she sits in the back seat.

Therefore she thinks her $#@! doesn't stink? She is going to be on Real Housewives of Louisville?

This is sexist filth.
    So speaketh the liberal CA troll. Fortunately, he almost always disappears after spewing his random disinformation so we needn't dwell on it.

The OP is right - this is weird. It would also be weird if her husband was running, and she drove the car wit him in the back seat. In fact, that would be even weirder.

(Now that's sexist!)

Maybe they were going somewhere together? I see nothing wrong with someone being driven by a spouse. If it was an actual chauffeur, it would seem weird.

Hopefully this pathetically idiotic nonsense backfires against the McConnell campaign and he loses. How many 'liberty supporters' here want McConnell to be re-elected? I want to know. This will be a good way to separate the traitors from the true freedom fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by sgt150 View Post
    Hopefully this pathetically idiotic nonsense backfires against the McConnell campaign and he loses. How many 'liberty supporters' here want McConnell to be re-elected? I want to know. This will be a good way to separate the traitors from the true freedom fighters.
    Do I want Mitch McConnell to be re-elected? What are my choices?
    Libertarians - trying to improve the world through ideas and free markets rather than legislation and prisons.

Quote Originally Posted by Bman View Post
    Do I want Mitch McConnell to be re-elected? What are my choices?
    What does it matter what the choices are?

Alison Lundergan Grimes is an idiot. Listen to her talk about Syria...or the economy. She tried blaming Mitch for Obama's coal regulations.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelDavis View Post
    Maybe they were going somewhere together? I see nothing wrong with someone being driven by a spouse. If it was an actual chauffeur, it would seem weird.
    Do you people live in a different world than I do? Because when I ride with my spouse I sit in front with him. It woud be weird if I sat in the back.

When I ride in a chauffeured vehicle, I ride in the back. It would be weird to sit in the front.

With the exception of bringing a new baby home from the hospital I do not know anybody that rides in back while the spouse sits in front. That is what she did, and it's weird.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    With the exception of bringing a new baby home from the hospital I do not know anybody that rides in back while the spouse sits in front. That is what she did, and it's weird.
    I'll regularly ride in the back with the kid. Read him books, play. Otherwise you are right, it's strange unless maybe you are in the back to catch some sleep?

Well Mitch McConnell wants you to forget that he voted for the Patriot Act, NDAA, No Child Left Behind, and the TARP bailout (and a whole lot of horrible things).

Donate to Matt Bevin: https://mattbevin.com/donation3/

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    Well Mitch McConnell wants you to forget that he voted for the Patriot Act, NDAA, No Child Left Behind, and the TARP bailout (and a whole lot of horrible things).

Donate to Matt Bevin: https://mattbevin.com/donation3/
    Amen! I think we were extremely blessed to find a candidate who is so good on the issues. This isn't a race where we're stuck with "lesser evils," so the Grimes v. McConnell posturing is as futile as Obama v. Romney when Ron was still in the race.
    Original supporter of Ron Paul since 2007 and lifelong supporter of liberty and the Constitution. I stand with Rand.

I don't think this is a wise line of attack either

What does it matter what the choices are?
    Are you for real? This is like saying "what does it matter who replaces Assad? Assad is a bad guy and has to go", even as al-Qaeda is looking to replace Assad.

It matters immensely who would replace McConnell. Otherwise, what's the point of it if what you're getting is just as bad if not worse (Grimes)?

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    Are you for real? This is like saying "what does it matter who replaces Assad? Assad is a bad guy and has to go", even as al-Qaeda is looking to replace Assad.

It matters immensely who would replace McConnell. Otherwise, what's the point of it if what you're getting is just as bad if not worse (Grimes)?
    I strongly disagree. Getting rid of the Republican bums and replacing them with whoever will allow us to get a better candidate in the future. Purging them is what is key. Grimes would probably be awful but she'd be vulnerable later to get taken out by a tea partier. There's already the chance with Bevin who seems like a strong candidate. The Assad comparison is bogus.

Do I want McConnell to be re-elected? No. Would I much rather have McConnell than Grimes? Yes. My opinion of McConnell has become much more negative after his vote for cloture. The problem is that Bevin is the longest of long-shots. I am curious to see if the poll numbers are affected at all by McConnell's ObamaCare vote.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I strongly disagree. Getting rid of the Republican bums and replacing them with whoever will allow us to get a better candidate in the future. Purging them is what is key. Grimes would probably be awful but she'd be vulnerable later to get taken out by a tea partier. There's already the chance with Bevin who seems like a strong candidate. The Assad comparison is bogus.
    The flip side is McConnell is old and will retire eventually, Grimes is 34 and if she becomes entrenched as an incumbent we might be dealing with here for 30 years. If McConnell retires in 2020, someone like Massie would be a shoo in imo. Losing Kentucky would pretty much all but guarantee the GOP has no shot at taking back the senate either. As bad as McConnell, I don't think it makes strategic sense for us to hope he loses in the general. To Bevin sure but Grimes would be a disaster imo.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelDavis View Post
    Do I want McConnell to be re-elected? No. Would I much rather have McConnell than Grimes? Yes. My opinion of McConnell has become much more negative after his vote for cloture. The problem is that Bevin is the longest of long-shots. I am curious to see if the poll numbers are affected at all by McConnell's ObamaCare vote.
    Why do you think Bevin is a huge long shot? Tea partiers have defeated incumbents before and McConnell is extremely unpopular.

The flip side is McConnell is old and will retire eventually, Grimes is 34 and if she becomes entrenched as an incumbent we might be dealing with here for 30 years. If McConnell retires in 2020, someone like Massie would be a shoo in imo. Losing Kentucky would pretty much all but guarantee the GOP has no shot at taking back the senate either. As bad as McConnell, I don't think it makes strategic sense for us to hope he loses in the general. To Bevin sure but Grimes would be a disaster imo.
    That is a fair point, but I don't think she'll gain that kind of steam if she wins. I think she'll be vulnerable in a state like Kentucky to lose to Massie or someone who's at least a better conservative than McConnell if she somehow unseats him.
    Last edited by NewRightLibertarian; 09-27-2013 at 07:25 PM.

Why do you think Bevin is a huge long shot? Tea partiers have defeated incumbents before and McConnell is extremely unpopular.

That is a fair point, but I don't think she'll gain that kind of steam if she wins. I think she'll be vulnerable in a state like Kentucky to lose to Massie or someone who's at least a better conservative than McConnell if she somehow unseats him.
    McConnell leads Bevin 59-20%. Page 5: http://images.politico.com/global/20..._7-24-2013.pdf

Senator Mary Landrieu (D-LA).

Some places they call that a "lifestyle choice" and go to parties to celebrate it.

Minnesota isn't Kentucky obviously but how many people would think Al Franken would become firmly entrenched in the senate?