Thread: Another "Ron Paul Rider"? "The Homeless Libertarian" begins biking across US

Another "Ron Paul Rider"? "The Homeless Libertarian" begins biking across US

http://thehomelesslibertarian.tumblr.com/

My name is Corey Constable. I’m 22 years old and I’m originally from Indiana.

This fall, I’ll be setting out on an adventure, riding my bike across America with my cat, Gooby, from Daytona Beach, FL to Santa Monica, CA. Along the way, I’ll be meeting people and introducing them to the philosophy of libertarianism and voluntaryism.

I’ll be speaking to strangers every day and engaging them in meaningful conversation about their lives and circumstances and what liberty means for them and their livelihood.

I’ll be documenting my journey here, writing about the people I meet, the things I see, the conversations I have, and the lessons that I learn.

This walk is made possible by donations from my readers, and donations will be reciprocated with a prize.

$1 donations will be listed as a sponsor on this page, and will have their name listed in the book I will be writing about my experience.
    $10 donations will receive a postcard with a message from me and will be listed as a sponsor.
    $25 donations will receive a postcard, their name listed as a sponsor, and a free PDF copy of the book when it’s finished.
    $50 donations will receive all of the above, plus a hard-copy version of the book.
    $100 and up will receive all of the above, as well as a t-shirt from vlntry news.

Click here to donate to my cause. I couldn’t do this without the help of people who appreciate what I’m doing and would like to see me continue spreading the message of liberty.

Click here to check out my route.

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I hope he isn't planning to make the cat run alongside the bike.

This doesn't help our image of not being doped up hippies lol
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

I haven't had good experiences with people with neck tattoos.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    I hear ya on that but the dude in that pic was one of the people this biker-blogger was interacting with, not himself. I'm more tempted to donate to this cause as charity rather than activism, just so the dude stays fed.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    Ya, and I don't trust anyone under 30.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I like it, but not really sure it's effective activism. However, at 22, its a once-in-a-lifetime journey that will change his life, and that he'll remember forever.

I hope people don't start screaming animal cruelty.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Yeah because we have to adopt the GOP image of being stodgy, immutable, closed-minded white people who have a very narrow-minded view of the world and a disparaging view of anyone who doesn't fit our mental paradigm. You know, the image of the group that is quickly fading away after McCain and Romney represented it SO very well

(Walks over to sit and talk with the "doped up hippies")
    Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits.
    --Thomas Jefferson

Could be worse, at least our image isn't one of being hobbits.

...oh, wait...
    Last edited by Cabal; 09-26-2013 at 05:12 PM.
    Radical in the sense of being in total, root-and-branch opposition to the existing political system and to the State itself. Radical in the sense of having integrated intellectual opposition to the State with a gut hatred of its pervasive and organized system of crime and injustice. Radical in the sense of a deep commitment to the spirit of liberty and anti-statism that integrates reason and emotion, heart and soul. - M. Rothbard

How did you even get this from what Nikki posted?

You don't help improve the image of the LM, either. People already think it's made up of basement-dwelling hobbits with huge egos and a disconnect from reality.

Edit to add: SEE!? HOBBITS!
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabal View Post

...oh, wait...
    ...Are you calling... the Collins... a hobbit?

Thems fighting words.
    "We do have some differences and our approaches will be different, but that makes him his own person. I mean why should he [Rand] be a clone and do everything and think just exactly as I have. I think it's an opportunity to be independent minded. We are about 99% [the same on issues]." Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Cabal View Post

...oh, wait...
    Yeah, John McCain already covered that one
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    People already think it's made up of basement-dwelling hobbits with huge egos and a disconnect from reality.

I live on the 2nd floor, and I am not a hobbit

(although being called a troll could sometimes be an accurate description)

Quote Originally Posted by TNforPaul45 View Post
    Yeah because we have to adopt the GOP image of being stodgy, immutable, closed-minded white people who have a very narrow-minded view of the world and a disparaging view of anyone who doesn't fit our mental paradigm. You know, the image of the group that is quickly fading away after McCain and Romney represented it SO very well
    Well, if you want to win over their vote, then you have to at least look the part.

Well, if you want to win over their vote, then you have to at least look the part.
    Tick tock.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm curious as to why you are making these assumptions he looks "hippy"ish? Unless you're not reading the website listed, and confusing the people he is taking pictures of that he's stopped and talked to.

Or are you suggesting he bike over 10 miles a day in a suit?

You could always volunteer to send him a few t-shirts and cargo shorts that I saw you wearing before LPAC...

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvikalpa View Post
    I'm curious as to why you are making these assumptions he looks "hippy"ish? Unless you're not reading the website listed, and confusing the people he is taking pictures of that he's stopped and talked to.
    Riding across country on a bike and calling oneself "homeless" while attempting to promote the cause of liberty just continues to give ammo to people who try and label us as "fringe".

In the early Seventies Two of my Brothers took similar journeys. One Brother rode from the Great Lakes region to California on a 450cc motorcycle, sleeping in ditches along the way. He got mugged once. My other brother and a friend took a canoe to the Hudson Bay. I'm not sure what river, I'll have to have him show me his route on a map. I know the canoe got beat up pretty good on some rapids, I have seen pictures of the bow folded completely to one side. They were shot at during their voyage. He said it was an Indian taking pot shots at them, maybe trying to scare them. He took his canoe trip before he was drafted into the army. My brothers were young and crazy, but they both turned out normal, each with a Wife, Kids and a career. I hope for success and good luck for this young man.
    Last edited by Henry Rogue; 09-27-2013 at 09:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Good for him. I won't donate though, as I'm not interested in what he has to sell. He will learn a lot of useful knowledge from his adventure, as we all do.

Riding across country on a bike and calling oneself "homeless" while attempting to promote the cause of liberty just continues to give ammo to people who try and label us as "fringe".
    Um, some people don't have homes. Some folks have even been homeless and are part of RPFs. I know that is shocking, and that somehow having been homeless causes someone to be fringe, especially if they ride a bike.

Do you even listen to yourself at times?

There is a difference between showing up looking homeless at a political event, and simply riding across the nation to raise awareness (and dressing appropriately to ride a bike).

Honestly, riding a bike across the nation is that awful to you? Jeez. What must you think of a fringe character like RPH...
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA You're right, he should be a chain smoking, alcoholic lawyer, in a suit......How far could you even make it on a bike?
    "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

I'm going to donate to you periodically, long as you keep riding. Mainly because, I am jealous as all hell and would love to do what you are doing, but for trying to be a lawyer and take care of my clients! Hopefully, I'll get In a bike tour of Calif. later this year!