Thread: [Video] Rand Paul on Hannity FNC 9/25/13

[Video] Rand Paul on Hannity FNC 9/25/13

Wednesday on 'Hannity'

The Senate decides to go forward with a bill that will fund ObamaCare. Sen. Rand Paul explains why he supports Sen. Ted Cruz's fight against the reform law. And a studio audience of medical experts and political analysts react to the clash on Capitol Hill.
    http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/hannity/index.html

update:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5gjWPLi0-4
    Last edited by jct74; 09-27-2013 at 04:28 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Senate decides to go forward with a bill that will fund ObamaCare?

Has the amendment to fund it already been passed?

ruh roh... let's hope his Media Team has a sit-down with Rand before now and then to get his talking points in order. Definitely don't need a replay of his interview with Hannity earlier in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by WD-NY View Post
    ruh roh... let's hope his Media Team has a sit-down with Rand before now and then to get his talking points in order. Definitely don't need a replay of his interview with Hannity earlier in the day.
    Yeah, hopefully it will go better. Hannity and Levin have taken this filibuster as an opportunity to pump Rubio and ignore Rand.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Well, not quite as bad, but Hannity eventually went back to the same point from the radio show earlier today that the Republicans are wimps, and the Democrats get everything they want. It was awkward again.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by WD-NY View Post
    It was a replay, albeit a little bit more polite on Hannity's part.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Grrrrrr, I missed it... what did Sean ask... what did Rand say?

Hannity asked Mike Lee the same question (I.e. Democrats are tougher, they have no fear, GOP always blinks). The difference is that he didn't badger Mike at all while he answered, and just dropped it after one question.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Well, not quite as bad, but Hannity eventually went back to the same point from the radio show earlier today that the Republicans are wimps, and the Democrats get everything they want. It was awkward again.
    I don't know why he would expect Rand to bash his own colleagues. He has to be able to get along with them to get things accomplished.

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    I don't know why he would expect Rand to bash his own colleagues. He has to be able to get along with them to get things accomplished.
    Trying to set him up for future controversies. You'd never see Hannity badger his lover Rubio like that.

Last edited by eduardo89; 09-27-2013 at 04:04 PM.

No he doesn't. He has to get along with the irate minority. The others are watching football or playing politics.

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    No he doesn't. He has to get along with the irate minority. The others are watching football or playing politics.
    No, he has to get along with his fellow Republican Senators if he wants to get their support on future bills and amendments that he introduces.

No, he has to get along with his fellow Republican Senators if he wants to get their support on future bills and amendments that he introduces.
    Or, he can take a clue from Cruz and bring to light the crony legislative system. No more funny business, no more "cover votes".

I have long wanted, but not had the time, to put together a chart showing votes and how things get passed and who votes for what when. This newfound understanding, for me, about how cloture to end debate and what affect it has on the following amendments really changes the whole picture, again for me.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    His compromise budget that raised DoD spending got 16 GOP Senators to vote with him. It's time to rethink that strategy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    His budget got 16 GOP Senators to vote with him. It's time to rethink that strategy.
    18 Republicans voted for Rand's last budget, while only 7 voted for his first budget. So yes, it seems like his strategy is working. You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar.

Rand is being just being too political/politican. He needs to be more principled and fight. I loathe Hannity, but I also agree with him on this. Just think if ALL of the R's would've stayed there ALL NIGHT taking turns talking about how it's a horse$#@! bill. And all of them just become completely incorrigible until they get it de-funded regardless of govt shutdown. That's what Americans want to see. That's the passion Hannity was referring to. I mean, this suckers going down anyhow so WTF.

18 Republicans voted for Rand's last budget, while only 7 voted for his first budget. So yes, it seems like his strategy is working. You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar.
    I really hate that phrase. You don't catch flies with honey, you catch them with a rotten piece of meat, and they lay their eggs there so that their maggot offspring have something to eat. And that's what is needed in our government.

Did you know that maggots will eat rotten meat but leave the good meat alone? Yep, it's a therapy for damaged muscle. And we've got some damaged muscle.
    Last edited by ClydeCoulter; 09-26-2013 at 12:01 AM.

you actually catch more flies with vinegar than honey...and...

i always thought it was 'you catch more bees with honey'..

oh well...

The YT video is down. Still up on Fox though. I don't really see any of the fuss, Hannity is a poor interviewer and apologized for sounding like he criticized Rand Paul when he was really criticizing rank-and-file GOP.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtBoyer25L View Post
    The YT video is down. Still up on Fox though. I don't really see any of the fuss, Hannity is a poor interviewer and apologized for sounding like he criticized Rand Paul when he was really criticizing rank-and-file GOP.
    I don't know what happened, for some reason the original tube stopped working and I had to re-upload it. Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5gjWPLi0-4