View Poll Results: Ted Cruz legit?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • He is a controlled opposition

41 53.25%
  • No Ted Cruz is a legit defender of liberty

36 46.75%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Ted Cruz the "controlled opposition"?

Is Ted Cruz the "controlled opposition"?

Let me preface this by saying I think Rand Paul is a major contender for the 2016 republican nomination. I dont think Ron ever was considered a big enough contender that the establishment felt threatened. Ron sure made some noise and the movement in the grassroots was remarkable, but for whatever reason you want to list he wasn't a threat(at least until IOWA).

Rand Paul will hold a lot of those people that followed his father, his grassroots will probably be just as good as Ron's and he is a contender. In the past 2 republican primaries Ron was basically on his own for a lot of his views with respect to the other candidates. If the establishment views Rand as a threat isn't establishing a controlled opposition to themselves the next option.

Is Ted Cruz that controlled opposition to siphon the liberty vote off Rand or to discredit his ideas? Or is he just coat tailing off Rands success from the filibuster over domestic drone programs?
    A society that places equality before freedom with get neither; A society that places freedom before equality will yield high degrees of both

Make a move and plead the 5th because you can't plead the 1st

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm just gonna put this here...

Having resaerched his character and stances bit more and after seeing today his prayer stunt outside White House for cultivating war with Iran, I have improved my view of him. Ted Cruz does seem like controlled opposition, he acts like a plant of war mongering neocons and a self serving opportunist like Obama.

Shocking that he only prayed for one imprisoned Christian in Iran with press cameras ready and israeli PM's VIP guest kneeling beside him but he forgot to pray for scores of Christians being persecuted in Saudi Arabia, Syria, Palestine by forces of oppression.

Original post:
    No

Although some neocon lobbies seem intrested in recruiting him as such. He himself is to blame for this considering the depth of his pandering to war mongering lunatics like CUFI, John Hagee etc. He really ended his future political chances by shamelessly bending down for these nuts.

That said.. For Cruz, CUFI Sunk AUFI

Put me down as a probably. Voted yes. If he's not controlled he's just a sell out waiting to happen.
    "We do have some differences and our approaches will be different, but that makes him his own person. I mean why should he [Rand] be a clone and do everything and think just exactly as I have. I think it's an opportunity to be independent minded. We are about 99% [the same on issues]." Ron Paul

Didn't like the options, but I voted no. I don't think he's controlled opposition, but I also don't think he's some great defender of liberty. I see him as a useful ally on many strategic issues. As with all allies, he will falter and waver at some point and it will probably end up hurting a bit, but the benefit far exceeds the cost, IMO.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Ted Cruz is a self-serving $#@!. That much is certain.

I don't know. Time will tell. Right now though, he is an ally to Rand on many things.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    I'm just gonna put this here...

1 Retweet and 1 Favorite? Amateur!

Didn't Ron Paul endorse this guy when Rick Perry and others in the party was backing Dewhurst?

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Didn't Ron Paul endorse this guy when Rick Perry and others in the party was backing Dewhurst?
    Yes, and he's been a pleasant thorn in the side of the establishment.

Try making a list of the top 5 thorns in the side of the Washington Establishment without Cruz being on that list. After Rand and Amash, Cruz is probably top 3.

Why are RPFers conspiracy theorists about everything? We can't have a single ally without him or her being criticized of being some sort of double agent trying to trick us. I mean COME ON PEOPLE, REALLY?

Really though I think this is some sort of bizarre jealousy over Cruz speaking longer than Rand...
    Last edited by Jeremy; 09-25-2013 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bastiat's The Law View Post
    Try making a list of the top 5 thorns in the side of the Washington Establishment without Cruz being on that list. After Rand and Amash, Cruz is probably top 3.
    So was Michelle Bachmann, but I would rather have a Republican party without Bachmann.

Cruz is connected to the establishment via his wife who is a big Bush lover and Goldman's banker.

This filibuster he's doing is futile and he's trying to copy Rand to gain kudos
    Last edited by Warlord; 09-25-2013 at 07:14 AM.

Senator Rand Paul:

Senator Cruz still going! I'm on my way back to help him out this morning. Tune in to hear more about #MakeDCListen
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This charade that is not a filibuster is absolute proof he is a fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahApocalypse View Post
    This charade that is not a filibuster is absolute proof he is a fraud.
    Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Seriously?
    The vote happens at 1pm whatever so he's not filibustering in reality

Why are RPFers conspiracy theorists about everything? We can't have a single ally without him or her being criticized of being some sort of double agent trying to trick us. I mean COME ON PEOPLE, REALLY?

Really though I think this is some sort of bizarre jealousy over Cruz speaking longer than Rand...
    They lack critical thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    I don't know. Time will tell. Right now though, he is an ally to Rand on many things.
    That's how I feel too. I really hope his plan is to use his popularity among Republicans to help Rand win.

Quote Originally Posted by logikal View Post
    That's how I feel too. I really hope his plan is to use his popularity among Republicans to help Rand win.
    No chance. He wants the nomination himself so he can defeat Rand like a smiling assassin.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    The vote happens at 1pm whatever so he's not filibustering in reality
    So that means he's a double agent? HUH?

So that means he's a double agent? HUH?
    He went to great lengths to imitate Rand, clearly aiming for his voters. But this is all a charade! Cruz is no position to stop or delay Obamacare or even have an impact on the debate surrounding Obamacare. And he knows it. This fake filibuster just a long self-promotion stunt for Ted Cruz.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by JCDenton0451 View Post
    He went to great lengths to imitate Rand, clearly aiming for his voters. But this is all a charade! Cruz is no position to stop or delay Obamacare or even have an impact on the debate surrounding Obamacare. And he knows it. This fake filibuster just a long self-promotion stunt for Ted Cruz.
    Rand couldn't stop drones either. But even if what you said is true, why does that make him a double agent?
    Last edited by Jeremy; 09-25-2013 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JCDenton0451 View Post
    It is amazing to me that people who spend so much time discussing politics have no idea what is going on. Cruz is running point on defunding Obamacare, if he can get 41 Senators to vote NO on cloture then the House CR will not be stripped apart by Reid with only 51 Dem votes. This has been said time and time again, yet some of you folks have your heads buried so far up your ass that you cannot understand it.
    Last edited by CaptLouAlbano; 09-25-2013 at 07:56 AM.

Rand couldn't stop drones either. But even if what you said is true, why does that make him a double agent?
    Rand did an actual filibuster and pissed off Reid.

Rand did an actual filibuster and pissed off Reid.
    So filibuster = legit,
    Long speech = inside job?

So filibuster = legit,
    Long speech = inside job?
    No Jeremy. Although it's right to call it a long speech instead of a filibuster

As for Cruz... his wife is major establishment, Goldman's banker and Bush lover.
    Last edited by Warlord; 09-25-2013 at 08:08 AM.

No Jeremy. Although it's right to call it a long speech instead of a filibuster
    So he's not controlled opposition despite your vote stating he is?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast