Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The filibuster

The filibuster

I sure hope Rand didn't miscalculate this. I know he's participated, but Cruz is getting all the recognition and I can seriously see this damaging Rand's support for Cruz' opportunistic gain. The narrative is being laid and in the coming weeks Cruz will be pushed even with Rand and BOTH will be behind the establishments liberal RHINO'S, thanks Mr. opportunistic Ted Cruz.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Relax. This has nothing to do with Rand or Cruz. Cruz made the HoR stick their neck out with their resolution bill and now he has to garner support in the Senate to defeat cloture. People are reading far too much into this.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Relax. This has nothing to do with Rand or Cruz. Cruz made the HoR stick their neck out with their resolution bill and now he has to garner support in the Senate to defeat cloture. People are reading far too much into this.
    This is about Rand, this is the narrative they're going to use to drop Rand in the polls. I made a post about this about 5 to 7 days ago, but one of the texas mods who loves Cruz must have yanked it.

Just watch, Cruz will rise and when Rand sinks it'll be because Cruz is cutting into his support and NO ONE elses. The narrative is being laid folks and not the kind of laying I prefer..

Quote Originally Posted by rich34 View Post
    This is about Rand, this is the narrative they're going to use to drop Rand in the polls. I made a post about this about 5 to 7 days ago, but one of the texas mods who loves Cruz must have yanked it.

Just watch, Cruz will rise and when Rand sinks it'll be because Cruz is cutting into his support and NO ONE elses. The narrative is being laid folks and not the kind of laying I prefer..
    This is NOT about Rand, it is about defunding ObamaCareless, it's what "we the people" have asked for, and I don't care if McCain gets it done, just get it done.

Would you give up defeating ObamaCareless to get Rand some poll points? edit: Do you understand what the procedure is that is happening in the Senate right now?
    Last edited by ClydeCoulter; 09-24-2013 at 08:14 PM.

The People get to decide. If Cruz is what they ultimately want, so be it. Cruz gets to compete if he wants.
    Last edited by anaconda; 09-24-2013 at 09:24 PM.

So, Cruz should just sit down and shut up and vote how the system wants so that Rand can take the limelight? WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    So, Cruz should just sit down and shut up and vote how the system wants so that Rand can take the limelight? WTF?
    + rep. Some here are being ridiculous about this just because they hate Cruz. Obamacare is a disaster, not just for the economy. Its probably as much of a threat to liberty and privacy as the NSA. I appreciate anyone willing to actually do something to try and stop this. I hope Rand has a good reason for not being in the Senate tonight. Cruz was with Rand throughout most of his filibuster.

The redstaters are sure loving Cruz right now. Like he is singlehandedly bringing down Communism.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I get the paranoia but it comes across as being petty and jealous. Good on Cruz for doing it.

I could attempt to spin it that this will make moderates dislike Cruz while Rand has recently appealed to moderates by reaching out to the black community on sentencing and felons voting, but why bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
    + rep. Some here are being ridiculous about this just because they hate Cruz. Obamacare is a disaster, not just for the economy. Its probably as much of a threat to liberty and privacy as the NSA. I appreciate anyone willing to actually do something to try and stop this. I hope Rand has a good reason for not being in the Senate tonight. Cruz was with Rand throughout most of his filibuster.

*waves hand frantically* I hate Cruz!!!! But I think Rand is right to participate here for a couple of reasons. First and foremost, Cruz stood with Rand when Rand filibustered. Rand would be a pretty cruddy ally if he did not return the favor. Secondly, the base started to freak out when Rand said Obamacare probably couldn't be reversed. He had to back pedal a little and clarified that he would absolutely do everything in his power to stop it. This is part of that.

You guys just don't get it, Cruz isn't doing this cause it's right or wrong, good or bad, he's doing it bacause he's an opportunist who's doing this for himself and his masters to bring Rand down, period! As if his association with Prescott Bush and goldman sachs isn't enough.. I suppose you people will see when turncoat ted splits up the vote and allows yet another liberal rhino to win the nomination. Maybe you guys will be upset then. Ted Cruz is the worst kind of politician. At least with neocons you know what.you're getting, Cruz is another W, running and saying one thing while hiding his true intentions...

this is ted's day. rand had his, justin amash had his, thomas massie had his. they are the four horsemen of the RINO Apocolypse. with mike lee, make it five. go ted go. dont worry about rand. rand will have his spotlight back when he chooses

So if another senator does a filibuster, does that destroy the popularity of both Rand and Ted? Come on, this is about mainstream vs Liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by goldwater's ghost View Post
    this is ted's day. rand had his, justin amash had his, thomas massie had his. they are the four horsemen of the RINO Apocolypse. with mike lee, make it five. go ted go. dont worry about rand. rand will have his spotlight back when he chooses
    Indeed. We aren't a cult of personality, right? The more people fighting alongside with Rand, the better.

From Glenn Becks Twitter

Ted Cruz, Mike Lee and Rand Paul are the least "political" and best men we have sent to the senate in years. Ted Cruz for President 16
    Last edited by krugminator; 09-24-2013 at 10:04 PM.

I don't get it. This non-filibuster is just confusing.. it's either theater, practice for future *real* filibusters, or narcissism.

Yeah, nobody wants Obamacare - talk about it for 12 hours when it matters.

This is just weird.
    Let's move forward to the Constitution.. I am the new GOP. I stand with Rand.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is NOT about Rand, it is about defunding ObamaCareless, it's what "we the people" have asked for, and I don't care if McCain gets it done, just get it done.

Would you give up defeating ObamaCareless to get Rand some poll points? edit: Do you understand what the procedure is that is happening in the Senate right now?
    I agree. The more senators making a stink about big government and screwing over the Republican establishment, the better.

ok.. so #MakeDCListen is trending, and #standwithcruz is popular on twitter. Calculated attempt to measure the response to future filibusters and subtract from the meaningful work Rand Paul did earlier?

Tell me I'm wrong, but this doesn't even mean anything! I respected Cruz, but this is feeling shady.

You guys just don't get it, Cruz isn't doing this cause it's right or wrong, good or bad, he's doing it bacause he's an opportunist who's doing this for himself and his masters to bring Rand down, period! As if his association with Prescott Bush and goldman sachs isn't enough.. I suppose you people will see when turncoat ted splits up the vote and allows yet another liberal rhino to win the nomination. Maybe you guys will be upset then. Ted Cruz is the worst kind of politician. At least with neocons you know what.you're getting, Cruz is another W, running and saying one thing while hiding his true intentions...
    I don't trust Cruz much either, but you have to admit it's entertaining AND at least he's bringing some attn to free market alternatives such as cross state insurance and the idea of what insurance is about anyhow. He's really good at droning on and on like this for hours and hours. Such a bullshitter. Sometimes hilarious. Would I ever vote for him as president? No! I'm an anarchist. Don't need not stinkin' govt. The idea of Govt is old and stale, moss covered.

Quote Originally Posted by V3n View Post
    Tell me I'm wrong, but this doesn't even mean anything! I respected Cruz, but this is feeling shady.
    do you think more or less people in America are now aware of the fact that the congress is in the midst of fighting over whether to fund obamacare because of Cruz's actions here?

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    do you think more or less people in America are now aware of the fact that the congress is in the midst of fighting over whether to fund obamacare because of Cruz's actions here?
    ok.. more.

I see.

ok.. so #MakeDCListen is trending, and #standwithcruz is popular on twitter. Calculated attempt to measure the response to future filibusters and subtract from the meaningful work Rand Paul did earlier?

It seems like Cruz and Rand are pretty coordinated in their behavior. I think you may be reading into things too much.

Quote Originally Posted by sgt150 View Post
    It seems like Cruz and Rand are pretty coordinated in their behavior. I think you may be reading into things too much.
    I've been on this forum too long.

I've been on this forum too long.
    Do not despair. When the dust settles in a few weeks this will give the wacko-bird coalition even more power, status, and notoriety. I think it will energize the base and inspire newcomers.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is anyone there besides Lee?

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Is anyone there besides Lee?
    I think there are people coming and going. Amash turned up earlier to show support, don't know if he is still there.

This has nothing to do with stopping obamacare that fight needed to happen three years ago. This is about name recognition and 2016.

If anyone thinks a rising Cruz means a diminishing Rand, you couldn't be more wrong. It's the rise of the liberty movement and it is good for all of us. It isn't about which personality benefits or which path is more productive. It's about each individual following their own path towards liberty and away from government. If you don't like Cruz's path, I get it, but there are people that will. And some of those people wouldn't like Rand's approach, but in the end, they are all useful to us.

There are many paths to liberty. It would be the height of conceit to think that mine is the only one that should be supported. If I thought like that, I'd probably make a good bureaucrat.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

I think everyone should just calm down about the Cruz vs. Rand thing. Cruz will get a bump in polls over this; it's inevitable....but it's not like the primaries begin next week. Rand isn't going to disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    If anyone thinks a rising Cruz means a diminishing Rand, you couldn't be more wrong. It's the rise of the liberty movement and it is good for all of us. It isn't about which personality benefits or which path is more productive. It's about each individual following their own path towards liberty and away from government. If you don't like Cruz's path, I get it, but there are people that will. And some of those people wouldn't like Rand's approach, but in the end, they are all useful to us.

There are many paths to liberty. It would be the height of conceit to think that mine is the only one that should be supported. If I thought like that, I'd probably make a good bureaucrat.
    "A rising tide lifts all boats."

I agree. If Ted Cruz is sincerely a friend of Rand and a friend of liberty, this will absolutely help us. This is the gamble we must see to the end (2016).

Ted and Rand's banter makes me think they are legit friends. Still can't be sure 100%.
    Last edited by AlexAmore; 09-25-2013 at 06:53 AM.
    Founder and leader of the militant wing of the Salvation Army.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast