Thread: What Are They Hiding In Common Core?

What Are They Hiding In Common Core?

When Robert Small asked questions about Common Core at a public forum hosted in Baltimore County by the Maryland State Department of Education, he didn't expect that he would be arrested for doing so. After all, America is a free country, right?

Perhaps after you watch this video, you may have second thoughts.

http://cts.vresp.com/c/?BaltimoreCou.../v=XEQmUnisDEM

Parents attending this "public forum," where they were told their concerns would be addressed, were contained in a "free speech" zone of the state's creation.

Their questions were not allowed directly from the floor. These questions had to be submitted in writing, and were then distorted by the "officials" running the meeting. Parents were railroaded into the preordained conclusions that Maryland's Educrats, like Baltimore County Superintendent Dallas Dance, wanted them to receive.

But what happens if you don't submit to their plans? Well, you get arrested for asking questions in a public forum, which would be the appropriate venue for addressing these very concerns.

Question: what is the purpose of a public forum in which you can't ask real questions? My answer is that the Maryland Educational Establishment has an insidious secret they must protect from you, the citizen, at all costs.

And that secret is...that Common Core is rotten to the Core.

Corrupt Educrats like Dallas Dance will stop at nothing to keep you in line and stifle your vocal and growing opposition to Common Core. In fact, they will even jail citizens and criminalize their every move to implement their radical agenda of indoctrination in lieu of education. Mr. Small was threatened with 10 years of jail time for a non-violent, non-crime that threatened only one thing: the State's chokehold on educational freedom in Maryland.

As this video went viral, citizens in Baltimore County and all across the country responded in righteous indignation at this direct assault on the individual liberty of a Howard County visitor.

I personally contacted as many people as I possibly could to get Baltimore County State's Attorney, Scott Shellenberger, to drop the absurd charges that should never have been levied against Citizen Small in a "free" society.

By 4:30 PM, your pressure forced Shellenberger to capitulate and drop all the charges filed against Citizen Small. Score one for the little guy, or in this case, the Small Guy.

This is a Small but important victory for Liberty today. However, it does not solve the problem of Common Core's implementation. The threat of Common Core still menaces our children like the proverbial Sword of Damocles, hanging over their little heads.

Common Core is top-down, federal control of education, removes all pretense of local control, removes many of the classics, has intensive monitoring of children through the data-longitudinal system, and is indoctrination, not education. Common Core is the crown jewel in the Educrats' ambitions to control the minds of the next generation of young voters.

Will you help rescue our children today by signing our petition against Common Core?
    http://cts.vresp.com/c/?BaltimoreCou...9c6/2fe8b6d2eb

Thank you for upholding individual liberty today. Principled opposition to tyranny, such as that which you have displayed today, is an important bulwark to maintaining a free society.

For Liberty,

Patrick Hussey
    Baltimore County Campaign for Liberty

-t

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If I decide to teach, I have to conform to this bull$#@!. Today in class, the professor said 48 out of the 50 sates are participating in Common Core. One of the other students asked which two, which she didn't know. I was thinking about being a smartass and say "the smart ones", but decided against it. It's Alaska and Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelDavis View Post
    If I decide to teach, I have to conform to this bull$#@!. Today in class, the professor said 48 out of the 50 sates are participating in Common Core. One of the other students asked which two, which she didn't know. I was thinking about being a smartass and say "the smart ones", but decided against it. It's Alaska and Texas.

What about private school? Any different?

There is a good hour long video on this here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-And-Education

-t

morning bump

Seriously - check out the video. There is a section of it where they talk about some tech the department of education has developed, including camera's that analyze facial expression, chair sensors that measure posture, monitors for your heart rate and B/P, and special mice that detect how hard you are clicking.

These have already been pressed into service in NYC and California.

it's long, just over an hour, but worth the watch.

-t
    Last edited by tangent4ronpaul; 09-24-2013 at 07:43 AM.

I wonder if the testing will be affected and to what degree. If the scoring falls far behind private and home schooled kids.... curious

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Xar View Post
    I wonder if the testing will be affected and to what degree. If the scoring falls far behind private and home schooled kids.... curious
    In the vid they actually cover that. Sure, according to current testing benchmarks, homeschooled children are far above their public schooled counterparts. However, once CC has been in practice for 10 years, and testing benchmarks are changed to correlate to CC curriculum, then homeschoolers will actually be 'behind' their public schooled counterparts.

The fact that ACT and SAT are considering revamping there test to reflect the CC standards tells you they and the colleges are in cohoots. So all of a sudden the ACT and SAT results don't reflect aptitude for success in college? The standard of success in college must be changing too. I suspect the bar will be lowered to admit the unprepared into programs that will be watered down. After all, higher education has to keep the enrollment numbers up.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    Thomas Paine

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Common Core is top-down, federal control of education, removes all pretense of local control, removes many of the classics, has intensive monitoring of children through the data-longitudinal system, and is indoctrination, not education. Common Core is the crown jewel in the Educrats' ambitions to control the minds of the next generation of young voters.
    "Every politically controlled educational system will inculcate the doctrine of state supremacy sooner or later. . . . Once that doctrine has been accepted, it becomes an almost superhuman task to break the stranglehold of the political power over the life of the citizen. It has had his body, property and mind in its clutches from infancy. An octopus would sooner release its prey. A tax-supported, compulsory educational system is the complete model of the totalitarian state."
    --Isabel Paterson
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelDavis View Post
    Indiana has placed a hold on implementation for at least a year. We want to see how it affects other states first.
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulatized View Post
    The fact that ACT and SAT are considering revamping there test to reflect the CC standards tells you they and the colleges are in cohoots. So all of a sudden the ACT and SAT results don't reflect aptitude for success in college? The standard of success in college must be changing too. I suspect the bar will be lowered to admit the unprepared into programs that will be watered down. After all, higher education has to keep the enrollment numbers up.
    No, we keep dumbing down our kids so that a college degree is necessary to be equivalent to what used to be learned in high school.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...C00P_blog.html
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

ban the DOE just like Ron Paul has mentioned.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by mosquitobite View Post
    No, we keep dumbing down our kids so that a college degree is necessary to be equivalent to what used to be learned in high school.
    Yeah but they feeeel good about it..

V: Good evening, United States. Allow me first to apologize for this interruption. I do, like many of you, appreciate the comforts of every day routine- the security of the familiar, the tranquility of repetition. I enjoy them as much as any bloke. But in the spirit of commemoration, thereby those important events of the past usually associated with someone's death or the end of some awful bloody struggle, a celebration of a nice holiday, I thought we could mark this July the 4th, a day that is sadly no longer remembered, by taking some time out of our daily lives to sit down and have a little chat. There are of course those who do not want us to speak. I suspect even now, orders are being shouted into telephones, and men with guns will soon be on their way. Why? Because while the truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation, words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this country, isn't there? Cruelty and injustice, intolerance and oppression. And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission. How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror. I know why you did it. I know you were afraid. Who wouldn't be? War, terror, disease. There were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense. Fear got the best of you, and in your panic you turned to the now current form of government. It promised you order, It promised you peace, and all It demanded in return was your silent, obedient consent. Last night I sought to end that silence. Last night I destroyed the Old NSA, to remind this country of what it has forgotten. More than 200 hundred years ago great citizens wished to embed the 4th of July forever in our memory. Their hope was to remind the world that fairness, justice, and freedom are more than words, they are perspectives. So if you've seen nothing, if the crimes of this government remain unknown to you then I would suggest you allow the 4th of July to pass unmarked. But if you see what I see, if you feel as I feel, and if you would seek as I seek, then I ask you to stand beside me one year from tonight, outside the gates of Congress, and together we shall give them a 4th of July that shall never, ever be forgot.
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho