Thread: Rand Paul on Fox and Friends

Rand Paul on Fox and Friends

according to his Facebook any minute

update:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfDJ-nTdHdg
    Last edited by Warlord; 09-23-2013 at 07:58 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Make Obamacare less bad? I am sitting home next election as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Publicani View Post
    So you want 100% of obamacare? Good thing you will be sitting at home then.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    So you want 100% of obamacare? Good thing you will be sitting at home then.
    Lesser of two evils? We've been through this during last election

This is different. Rand is never the lesser of two evils, he is less of evil! I agree, compromise between bleach and ammonia is stupid. But compromise between bleach and water is still better than drinking bleach!

Funny how in your mind, taking a very bad law that is already on the books, and working to make it less onerous is evil. You are right, we should just leave bad laws in place with no changes unless we can get our way entirely. pfft, I'm glad you are sitting the next election out.

Funny how in your mind, taking a very bad law that is already on the books, and working to make it less onerous is evil. You are right, we should just leave bad laws in place with no changes unless we can get our way entirely. pfft, I'm glad you are sitting the next election out.
    Last time I was sitting home, Obama was elected. Did you vote for Romney? He was certainly less bad. And certainly less evil.

BTW, I understand that my single vote doesn't change anything. But there are many people who think like I am, and Rand should take it in his calculations. Last and the previous election people like me gave the victory to Obama.

And specsaregood, I don't like you tone. gfy.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Did you vote for Romney? He was certainly less bad. And certainly less evil.
    Nope.

BTW, I understand that my single vote doesn't change anything. But there are many people who think like I am, and Rand should take it in his calculations. Last and the previous election people like me gave the victory to Obama.
    It's almost like you missed everything Rand said before and in this interview where he says he don't like obamacare, thinks its bad and should be eliminated. And decided to just focus on the fact that since he doesn't have the power to eliminate it, he will do his best to lessen its burden on the American people. And you think that is a bad thing. Delusional.

Good, my tone was not meant to be respectful. I'm glad you at least were able to understand that clearly.

Why should the Democrats "compromise" with GOP in this situation? They have the upper hand and they'll get everything they want after Republicans cave as usual. The politics are terrible for Obamacare opponents.

Even while a majority of Republicans support defunding (51/36), a near-majority oppose a government shutdown over the issue (36/48 for shutdown). Independents break even more harshly against both, narrowly opposing defunding (40/44) but coming out almost 5:1 against a government shutdown, 14/65. In fact, the only demographic that favors this strategy, according to CNBC, is the Tea Party demo, which supports a shutdown strategy with a 54% majority.
    The only thing Ted Cruz has managed to accomplish so far is to get Tea Party isolated. Way to go, Cruz.

Nope.

It's almost like you missed everything Rand said before and in this interview where he says he don't like obamacare, thinks its bad and should be eliminated. And decided to just focus on the fact that since he doesn't have the power to eliminate it, he will do his best to lessen its burden on the American people. And you think that is a bad thing. Delusional.
    This is a good argument. In my opinion it is nevertheless wrong. There are many politicians who are trying to make current laws less bad by introducing more laws.

And besides, his suggested amendment to require all federal employees not to be exempt from Obamacare, how does it lessen burden on American people? It's an attractive political move but it is a gimmick.

I remember Ron Paul was asked about Michele Bachmann's suggestion to force every American to pay at least $1 in taxes. He said something like he was against it, because he was trying to eliminate it for everybody, not to add more people to the income tax system.

This is a good argument. In my opinion it is nevertheless wrong. There are many politicians who are trying to make current laws less bad by introducing more laws.

And besides, his suggested amendment to require all federal employees not to be exempt from Obamacare, how does it lessen burden on American people? It's an attractive political move but it is a gimmick.

I remember Ron Paul was asked about Michele Bachmann's suggestion to force every American to pay at least $1 in taxes. He said something like he was against it, because he was trying to eliminate it for everybody, not to add more people to the income tax system.
    It would further expose to the American people who the true RINOs and hypocrites are when Congress has to vote on it. Rand Paul has been on the front lines of forcing politicians to make ugly votes on amendments that should be a no brainer....especially from a Republican point of view.

If Rand Paul gets major brownie points for this, then America wins.
    Founder and leader of the militant wing of the Salvation Army.

Because those employees are currently receiving separate/better benefits on the backs of the American people. He wants to force them into the same thing THEY are putting on the American people. Why should they have a special exemption?

I don't see it as the same thing. He is talking about changing a benefit specific federal employees are getting.

all publicani is saying is "i don't take gradualism"..

it's ridiculous on its premise enough to ignore the reasons he later provides. or excuses, rather. screw gradualism, right? so why didn't you skip algebra and take college course calculus? i'm surprised your parents kept you around. you definitely failed miserably by your own standard in that regard. morons everywhere, i swear..

edit

this actually seems a first step to get them to the negotiating table by claiming the purpose is for a compromise, but once the other side admits there is defect in the bill, they themselves create the opening that the bill is defective, that then opens up the argument that the entire bill should be abolished, from inches to miles, and opposition will have difficulty coming up with a counter argument once they concede the point. the whole point now is to get the debate started in the first place and rand is working hard to frame the debate by any means possible
    Last edited by jtstellar; 09-23-2013 at 10:57 AM.

Well the democrats do control the senate so in this case Rand is doing the best he can. I'm not sure how you think Rand is supposed to stop obamcare from becoming law, but I'm sure there's many here and Rand himself that would like to hear how you would go about doing this.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Last time I was sitting home, Obama was elected. Did you vote for Romney? He was certainly less bad. And certainly less evil.
    And as far as voting for Romney. I disagree that he was less bad. I'm not happy that Obama won, but I am happy that Romney lost. If Romney had won; by now we would have lost all headway we have made in remaking the GOP into a real limited govt party. The GOP would have continued down its path towards being a clone of the Democrat party. At least with Obama at the helm; the GOP has to pretend to be for limited govt; which allows a few real limited govt politicians to sneak in there and try their best to upset the apple cart.

is the blond babe hot for Rand or what?

perky flirting... leaning toward him with a big smile...

And just how do you expect Rand to get rid of it while Obama is in office?

There were more than two people to vote for last election. Logic fail.

Unfortunately they would have to hire more people to administrate it if the exemptions are lifted so then we not only pay for their healthcare but pay more to administrate it. It's still a cluster fck.

Was there more interview? At the end of the OP video the Fox & Friends host they're coming back with more with Rand.

They have no chance to fully repeal Obamacare at the moment since Harry Reid runs the Senate and Obama is still President. Rand is a realist. He understands the reality of the situation. That doesn't mean that he's not in favor of full repeal of the bill.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ron Paul did the exact same thing. He introduced a bill to eliminate the mandate in Obamacare and allow people to opt out of it, but his bill didn't repeal the entire bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Bastiat's The Law View Post
    An opt out would be nice.
    With a huge accompanying tax credit so that those who opt out don't have to pay taxes to fund it.

And as far as voting for Romney. I disagree that he was less bad. I'm not happy that Obama won, but I am happy that Romney lost. If Romney had won; by now we would have lost all headway we have made in remaking the GOP into a real limited govt party. The GOP would have continued down its path towards being a clone of the Democrat party. At least with Obama at the helm; the GOP has to pretend to be for limited govt; which allows a few real limited govt politicians to sneak in there and try their best to upset the apple cart.
    Similar could be said if the Republicans had the Presidency and House.
    Democrats would then fight tooth and toenail against Romney, and the democrats might work with the Liberty congressmen to get things passed or failed. It's all a clusterf*ck so long as incremental loss of freedom is successful.

Hopefully, Rand will get the debate going and win steps toward totally legislating ObamaCareless away.