• Yes!

10 22.22%
  • no

23 51.11%
  • maybe?

12 26.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CPAC 2014!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Never too early to start planning this.
    Last edited by MelissaWV; 12-13-2013 at 06:08 PM.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

I can say a special guest will be at the RPFs CPAC dinner

I went this year and had a BLAST! Cannot wait to #StandWithRand at CPAC 2014!

Whoa....was there a RPF CPAC dinner that I didnt know about at CPAC 2013?!

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyJones View Post
    I can say a special guest will be at the RPFs CPAC dinner

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco View Post
    Whoa....was there a RPF CPAC dinner that I didnt know about at CPAC 2013?!
    not that I am aware of, I did not go this year, has been every year I went

I would seriously consider this... last time was a $#@!in blast!!
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    great irish stew

I will be there

This is the most important conference to attend (imho).

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

Might do lpac again in 14. Probably not
    Cpac that year though

I will make every effort to attend.
    Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just and that his justice cannot sleep forever. Thomas Jefferson

Excitement is building. Someone get me a couple of those Stand with Rand signs.

I can tell you all right now that the conference is an absolute BLAST. It's held in this absolutely beautiful convention center right on the coast in National Harbor, a densely packed town 10 minutes from DC that is among the nicest places I have ever been (the hotel was certainly the nicest I had ever stayed at). Last year when I went I met a TON of liberty people (as well as caught up with old friends), did some great networking with other activists and even stepped a little out of my comfort zone at times interacting with social conservatives and defense hawks (the faith and freedom prayer breakfast was quite an experience). I also collected email addresses and phone numbers for hours for Young Americans for Liberty, who was acting as Rand Paul's outreach group to CPAC. We must have had 20-25 people out in the halls of the convention center collecting names, passing out stickers/signs/tshirts and spreading the message!

Casey, we should definitely do the RPF dinner this coming year! There are very few things I would enjoy more than meeting all you great people at CPAC.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco View Post
    I can tell you all right now that the conference is an absolute BLAST. It's held in this absolutely beautiful convention center right on the coast in National Harbor, a densely packed town 10 minutes from DC that is among the nicest places I have ever been (the hotel was certainly the nicest I had ever stayed at). Last year when I went I met a TON of liberty people (as well as caught up with old friends), did some great networking with other activists and even stepped a little out of my comfort zone at times interacting with social conservatives and defense hawks (the faith and freedom prayer breakfast was quite an experience). I also collected email addresses and phone numbers for hours for Young Americans for Liberty, who was acting as Rand Paul's outreach group to CPAC. We must have had 20-25 people out in the halls of the convention center collecting names, passing out stickers/signs/tshirts and spreading the message!

Casey, we should definitely do the RPF dinner this coming year! There are very few things I would enjoy more than meeting all you great people at CPAC.

The straw poll at CPAC 2014 is very important. Not only would a Rand Paul victory cement him as a frontrunner, it would demonstrate to the establishment that we did not retire with Ron, but rather, that our numbers are stronger than ever. Plus, as Rocco said, it's a chance to do some networking and have some fun with like-minded people.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    You're not making the claim that there's no objective best diet, are you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I would love to go...although honestly I'd be more excited for LPAC. A ton of neocons and statists in general at CPAC. But it is a great event to go to in order to promote and spread the message of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Krzysztof Lesiak View Post
    I would love to go...although honestly I'd be more excited for LPAC. A ton of neocons and statists in general at CPAC. But it is a great event to go to in order to promote and spread the message of liberty.
    We can't make progress by staying in our comfort zone all the time - have to win new hearts and minds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This X1000, in fact Krzyzstof's reasoning for wanting to go to LPAC more is the precise reason I'd rather do CPAC. CPAC is THE major annual gathering of conservatives, and I'd argue that one of the things thats helped change the conservative momentum in liberty's direction has been our annually growing presence at this conference. Libertarians have LPAC, social cons have the faith and freedom coalition, neocons have no big conference but several big think tanks in Washington, and usually these groups keep to themselves. The point is that CPAC's the only event where every faction in the GOP gathers and therefore CPAC represents the only time the national media gets to take the pulse of the conservative movement, it's ESSENTIAL that we have a large presence to show that liberty is rising. Before 2010 we really had very little presence, then in 2010 and 2011 we won the straw poll but our people stuck out like a sore thumb. In 2012 all liberty eyes were on Maine during CPAC so we had little presence, but then at CPAC 2013 we saw that libertarian republicans not only were not a fringe at CPAC, but made up the largest plurality at the conference by far. What was the result of this? The major narrative coming out of CPAC was how the GOP is going in a more libertarian direction. Our presence at the conference had a real affect on the narrative of the 2016 presidential race, and our presence in 2014 is necessary to keep up that momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by malkusm View Post
    We can't make progress by staying in our comfort zone all the time - have to win new hearts and minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Krzysztof Lesiak View Post
    That's exactly the reason to go, the diffusion of liberty ideas to virgin ears. Save the preaching to the choir for the bar. That's one of the pitfalls that libertarians consistently fall into.

Quote Originally Posted by Bastiat's The Law View Post
    That's exactly the reason to go, the diffusion of liberty ideas to virgin ears. Save the preaching to the choir for the bar. That's one of the pitfalls that libertarians consistently fall into.
    hearhear

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

no there are two, the regional in San Diego and the national in DC

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...nal-conference

Bump
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lets take a look at the years post 2008 for CPAC results to compare what we need to do.

In 2013 we got 1st place and 25% of the vote out of 2,930 votes at CPAC, for a total of 733 votes.

In 2012 we got 4th place and 12% of the vote out of 3,408 votes at CPAC, for a total of 409 votes.

In 2011 we got 1st place and 30% of the vote out of 3,742 votes at CPAC, for a total of 1,122 votes.

In 2010 we got 1st place and 31% of the vote out of 2,395 votes at CPAC, for a total of 743 votes.

In 2009 we got 3rd place and 13% of the vote out of 1,757 votes at CPAC, for a total of 229 votes.

As we can see, we have won 3 of the last 5 straw polls and while our vote total in 2013 wasn't amazing it was very solid. 2013 had the 3rd most votes and 3rd highest percentage of votes that liberty has had at CPAC since we started doing this, but it was also the only win we've had that was 100% organic. In 2010 there were 638 more votes than in 2009, so if that trend holds there will be around 3,500 voters at next years CPAC. We should set our goal at 30% of the expected vote total, which would be 1,050 voters. This is 317 more voters then we had at the last CPAC conference with 100% organic support, so I think we can get to this if we have an organized effort to get people there. I expect the field to be just as divided at the next conference as it was at this one, so getting 30% would probably win the straw poll comfortably. So in our forum poll we have 8 down, 1,042 to go! Haha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast