Thread: Owners of Medical Marijuana Dispensaries in Arizona Wary of Legalization Campaign

Owners of Medical Marijuana Dispensaries in Arizona Wary of Legalization Campaign

Look who else is going to get in on some good old fashioned regulatory capture. Fascism: It's the American way!

I don't know what they're so worried about. Medical marijuana dispensaries will still be desirable to people, if they offer better products and expertise on strains and whatnot.

http://reason.com/blog/2013/09/20/ow...na-dispensarie

Owners of medical marijuana dispensaries in Arizona are concerned about the effect that the legalization of marijuana could have on their businesses if a legalization campaign run by the Marijuana Policy Project is successful.

From The Arizona Republic:

Medical-marijuana dispensary operators are apprehensive about plans by a powerful marijuana-advocacy group to campaign for full legalization of the drug in Arizona.

The Marijuana Policy Project, a Washington, D.C.-based organization that advocates marijuana legalization and regulation, is a former ally of the dispensary owners, having played a key financial and public-relations role in passage of the state law that created the burgeoning medical-marijuana program.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Of course the oppose it, the price they can charge plunges. All the growers around here sure a hell don't want full legalization because it sure won't pay them to truck compost and soil into a rocky poor soil area from a hundred miles away. Cuts into the big wads of cash they flout.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    Of course the oppose it, the price they can charge plunges. All the growers around here sure a hell don't want full legalization because it sure won't pay them to truck compost and soil into a rocky poor soil area from a hundred miles away. Cuts into the big wads of cash they flout.
    Folks who provide a quality product deserve to pocket "wads of cash"...

But nobody deserves to have government regulate their product!

This opinion carries over to big-pharm and street drug dealers too, get government out of all forms of medication!

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Folks who provide a quality product deserve to pocket "wads of cash"...

But nobody deserves to have government regulate their product!

This opinion carries over to big-pharm and street drug dealers too, get government out of all forms of medication!
    They get wads of cash because if the symbiotic relationship they have with law enforcement. In a free market MJ would not be worth more than a fine machine tool the can produce hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of goods.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

In a free market MJ would not be worth more than a fine machine tool the can produce hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of goods.
    I disagree, I think it would be worth far less than a fine tool.

"Medicine" whether for physical or psychological ailments has, throughout history, been less valuable to people than tools of their trade...

Either way government doesn't belong in the mix, not for regulation or taxation and especially not for enforcement!

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    I disagree, I think it would be worth far less than a fine tool.

"Medicine" whether for physical or psychological ailments has, throughout history, been less valuable to people than tools of their trade...

Either way government doesn't belong in the mix, not for regulation or taxation and especially not for enforcement!
    re read what I wrote. Law enforcements selective eradication is the growers price subsidies.

re read what I wrote. Law enforcements selective eradication is the growers price subsidies.
    That helps me comprehend your meaning.

I was unable to draw a correlation between "symbiotic relationship they have with law enforcement" and a cost comparison of tooling and weed..

"Selective eradication" does point toward price fixing and helps me grasp your point, thanks!