Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: The RPF Firewood Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Husqvarna is a good brand.
    Jonsered and Poulan are owned by them as well.. I used the Poulan 18" and they took the abuse.
    They made some bad ass dirt bikes back in the day as well.

The badge is still out there, but the Germans, BMW I think, bought them out years ago.

Like so many precision manufacturers, they got started making guns.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I was going to say, do your self a huge favor and only use stuff like this in it and not auto gas mixed with oil:

http://www.vp-sef.com/index.php/why-vp-sef

Then I remembered you are in Europe and not having to deal with the garbage that is called gasoline and diesel fuel, and the damage it does to small engines, like we are here in the land of the free, due to Uncle Sucker's fatwas.
    Nah, I have specific fuel for the thing, stuff that doesn't go bad after months of no usage. Not cheap though.
    "I am a bird"

Then I remembered you are in Europe and not having to deal with the garbage that is called gasoline and diesel fuel, and the damage it does to small engines, like we are here in the land of the free, due to Uncle Sucker's fatwas.
    I live in logging country. The local gas station sells 91 ethanol free. There are stations all over the country... you just have to know where to look, see:

http://www.pure-gas.org/

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I will be getting started here in about 4 weeks or so

so i built a klyv

https://www.google.com/search?q=klyv...lyv+firewood&*

pretty badass mashup between a 1.5 ton engine lift and mk2/3 vw jetta rear twist beam (so can pull like trailer)
    + vw rear springs; some elevator weights and a traditional hydro log splitter wedge

chopped moar wood in one session than ever before!

that was 5 days ago

arm still in sling

tricep $#@!ed at elbow; could be bad

pro tip

klyv good for straight grain; big knots = injury to self before klyv

ps...typing lefty sucks
    Last edited by presence; 02-24-2017 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    so i built a klyv

pretty badass mashup between a 1.5 ton engine lift and mk2/3 vw jetta rear twist beam (so can pull like trailer)
    + vw rear springs; some elevator weights and a traditional hydro log splitter wedge

chopped moar wood in one session than ever before!

that was 5 days ago

arm still in sling

tricep $#@!ed at elbow; could be bad

pro tip

klyv good for straight grain; big knots = injury to self before klyv

ps...typing lefty sucks
    Ouch. Take it easy and hope you heal quick.

3 weeks

righty is still pretty much $#@!ed

sub gallon of water toting ability

haven't seen a doc but all symptoms of forearm and backarm tennis elbow / golf elbow / tricep medial head strain / bicep strain / forearm strain / right $#@!ing elbow $#@!ed etal

rt arm = weak and sore

attitude has steadily progressed to pretty $#@!ing pissy; requires bit of restraint not to be an $#@! to wife and youngin

can't find happy position to sleep in. pretty steady pain of some sort through the day, not bad but steady

weather has been great. all kinds of productive $#@! I could be doing.

but not.

generally a mal productive ass sitting food waster

then I wander... look at all this $#@! I could be doing

but not

doing the heat, wrist exercises like the web says; wonder if jerking off helps?

dosing on the vitamin C, zinc, l-lysine, calcium, magnesium like the web says

can't do the glaucosamine / chondroitin or however the $#@! u spelt it because allergies

can work a mouse, but keep a flattened roll of toilet paper under teh elbow

typing still kinda sucks; web says "may not be good for me" $#@! those assenholes

getting close to productive season... I usually start driving nails, twisting wires, cranking pipes around about this time of year

drive nail ability = 0

huge spring garden plans...

yeah not so much

I built this $#@!ing klyv because I got shoulder impingement last year from beating on firewood with a maul

$#@!

mrs says I need to beef up on my patience

$#@!

frustrated

but hey... at least there's vodka

Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis

[]
    If your symptoms do not respond after six to twelve months of nonsurgical treatments
    http://www.summitortho.com/services/...epicondylitis/

forecast says foot of snow on tuesday
    Last edited by presence; 03-09-2017 at 07:46 PM.

3 weeks

righty is still pretty much $#@!ed

sub gallon of water toting ability

haven't seen a doc but all symptoms of forearm and backarm tennis elbow / golf elbow / tricep medial head strain / bicep strain / forearm strain / right $#@!ing elbow $#@!ed etal

rt arm = weak and sore

attitude has steadily progressed to pretty $#@!ing pissy; requires bit of restraint not to be an $#@! to wife and youngin

can't find happy position to sleep in. pretty steady pain of some sort through the day, not bad but steady

weather has been great. all kinds of productive $#@! I could be doing.

but not.

generally a mal productive ass sitting food waster

then I wander... look at all this $#@! I could be doing

but not

doing the heat, wrist exercises like the web says; wonder if jerking off helps?

dosing on the vitamin C, zinc, l-lysine, calcium, magnesium like the web says

can't do the glaucosamine / chondroitin or however the $#@! u spelt it because allergies

can work a mouse, but keep a flattened roll of toilet paper under teh elbow

typing still kinda sucks; web says "may not be good for me" $#@! those assenholes

getting close to productive season... I usually start driving nails, twisting wires, cranking pipes around about this time of year

drive nail ability = 0

huge spring garden plans...

yeah not so much

I built this $#@!ing klyv because I got shoulder impingement last year from beating on firewood with a maul

$#@!

mrs says I need to beef up on my patience

$#@!

frustrated

but hey... at least there's vodka

http://www.summitortho.com/services/...epicondylitis/

Damn, sorry to hear that it's still tit's up. I just threw my back out today tilling a garden. I took a half a hydrocodone and I never like to take that $#@!. Damn if getting old don't suck. Sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Damn, sorry to hear that it's still tit's up. I just threw my back out today tilling a garden. I took a half a hydrocodone and I never like to take that $#@!. Damn if getting old don't suck. Sometimes.
    It's better than the alternative I suppose.

I hurt in places I didn't even know existed.

It's better than the alternative I suppose.

I hurt in places I didn't even know existed.
    Just a bad day altogether. Tilled a clients garden and felt back pain when I went to clear underbrush. So I figured I'd switch up and pressure wash the drive way. Damn pump went out on washer. Loaded up and by the time I got home I was wracked. Took Meloxicam for inflammation, ate a budder cookie and took half a hydro. Alternated heat and cold every 15 mins. for hours. Thanks goodness the lil' lady is such a good nurse. Now that it's morning I'm beginning to think it ain't a muscle. $#@!. On top of that the equipment that I was unable to load just got rained on in the morning dark. Double $#@!.
    Still, I'm not trying to one up presence. Unless this $#@! goes on for 3 weeks.

i get my firewood delivered. 2.5 cords chopped for 450 bucks...

i've burned through 5 cords so far this year....only 4 last year total....still have a few more months of burning to go, although i am now slowing down on trips to the shed.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    so... that worked out to 34"

5-8 more on the way

$#@! a bunch of white $#@! right now

84' ariens 1032 w/ new 12hp snow king handled it tho

back in ace bandage suckin the tylenol teet typin lefty

righty is grade A $#@!ed

pinky wanting the numb; think ulnar nerve entrapment
    http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00069

hurts like a bitch, stays straight to stay happy, $#@! is gettin old

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Ouch. Take it easy and hope you heal quick.
    mrs says I'm too thick headed for healin; I had her 300' driveway cleared 3 times through the blizzard tho

I throwed out my shoulder but I won her that teddy bear

mrs says I'm too thick headed for healin; I had her 300' driveway cleared 3 times through the blizzard tho

I throwed out my shoulder but I won her that teddy bear
    Watch yourself brother.

They tend to throw us out when we're no good for work anymore.

Seriously, hope you're healing up.

Just an amateur fire pit wood burner but I had fun splitting some rounds that fell on a co-workers garage last year. The old hand me down double sided splitting axe was a bit of a chore getting the large rounds started and I needed something like a sledgehammer for another project so I picked up this toy.

Now just need to find a source for this year's rounds since I shouldn't count on any more trees falling on garages.
    Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne,--
    Yet that scaffold sways the future, and, behind the dim unknown,
    Standeth God within the shadow, keeping watch above his own.
    ‫‬‫‬

Watch yourself brother.

They tend to throw us out when we're no good for work anymore.

Seriously, hope you're healing up.
    About 50 days later and I'm about 90-95% back to having an elbow again. Just started using it this past few days. I can do the basics again; tighten pipes, tap on a few nails, twist wires... all pretty good; lil pinch here and there; certainly not driving framing nails any time soon. That took way too long to shake off and was pretty miserable for at least 30 days. Pro tip: always respect the connective $#@!s in yer elbows; don't want to $#@! with them. This might just be the year I give in on some of my bull headed maul splitting ways and move on to a hydraulic splitter. Sure as $#@! though... soon as I'm back to having an elbow... mrs has the honey do list posted on the living room wall again.

About 50 days later and I'm about 90-95% back to having an elbow again. Just started using it this past few days. I can do the basics again; tighten pipes, tap on a few nails, twist wires... all pretty good; lil pinch here and there; certainly not driving framing nails any time soon. That took way too long to shake off and was pretty miserable for at least 30 days. Pro tip: always respect the connective $#@!s in yer elbows; don't want to $#@! with them. This might just be the year I give in on some of my bull headed maul splitting ways and move on to a hydraulic splitter. Sure as $#@! though... soon as I'm back to having an elbow... mrs has the honey do list posted on the living room wall again.
    Glad to hear you are feeling better...take it slow.

I'll put Mrs AF on this thread, see what she has in her herb arsenal that may help ease the pain and help the healing and maybe prevent it in the future.

Get some Arnica Montana gel or lotion it helps inflammation and pain. Speaking of inflammation Turmeric is an excellent supplement for inflammation (1700mgs daily). *Caution: If you have gallbladder disease should avoid using turmeric.

Magnesium chloride is great too. You can take 1/2 c. H20 and 1/2 c. magnesium chloride flakes in a pot on medium heat until it dissolves and then you can put it in a spray bottle and spray it to the injured area.

You can also make a Capsaicin paste with coconut oil and rub it in the area that is tender. (1 tbsp Cheyenne to 1 tbsp of Coconut oil.)
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567