Thread: Stop Watching Us rally on Oct. 26

Stop Watching Us rally on Oct. 26

Edward Snowden laid everything out: The NSA is watching us online and on our phones. It’s corrupting security to break the fabric of the Internet. The overreaching surveillance creates a climate of fear, chills free speech and violates our basic human rights — and it operates without any meaningful oversight.

But a movement is building to change all this. And we're about to take the next step.

On Saturday, October 26 — the 12th anniversary of the signing of the U.S. PATRIOT Act — thousands of people from across the political spectrum will rally in Washington, D.C. to protest mass surveillance. Click here to learn more, get updates, and sign up to attend.

At the Stop Watching Us rally on Oct. 26, we’ll remind our elected officials that they work for us, not the NSA, and that they must reform the laws that have led to the NSA’s abuses and to hold the NSA accountable for its anti-democratic programs.

More than half a million of us have already spoken out since we first learned about the NSA’s unconstitutional surveillance by signing our petition, and dozens of members of Congress have stood up to introduce bills that would reign in the NSA.

But these bills -- and our voices – need to coalesce as a movement to end this spying. October 26 is our chance to show the country that this isn’t a small issue, and we won’t go away until it’s fixed. Join us.

We’re not doing this alone – we’re organizing this rally as Stop Watching Us — a diverse coalition of more than 100 public advocacy organizations and companies from across ideological lines, including both us at Demand Progress, as well as the ACLU, Access, the Electronic Frontier Foundation, FreedomWorks, Fight for the Future, Free Press, Mozilla, Reddit, and Restore the Fourth.

That’s why this will be the biggest rally for privacy the U.S. has ever seen. Will you be there?

See you soon,

Demand Progress

P.S. If you’re not sure if you can attend, that’s okay – sign up to get more information and stay up to date on our plans. We’ll be organizing buses, rideshares and plenty of other ways to make it easier to attend – and lead up actions as well. So join us – and let’s bring this mass surveillance to an end.

[Warning: this site uses an untrusted certificate because it is expired]

http://act.demandprogress.org/go/103....297517.B65JTU

-t

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    there should be local ones to

Would love to go to this if anyone from NJ/Philly area wants to drive me. Will help with gas.
    "We do have some differences and our approaches will be different, but that makes him his own person. I mean why should he [Rand] be a clone and do everything and think just exactly as I have. I think it's an opportunity to be independent minded. We are about 99% [the same on issues]." Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by VoluntaryAmerican View Post
    Would love to go to this if anyone from NJ/Philly area wants to drive me. Will help with gas.
    If no one volunteers, the train does go from Philly to DC.

-t