Thread: Are there any current or former active duty JAGs on RPF?

Are there any current or former active duty JAGs on RPF?

I am currently in my second year of ROTC and planning to attend Law School. After completing this Spring semester, I will probably take two years off and complete MLSC during L2 and L3. I can get an ROTC scholarship, but it will add time to my active duty commitment. I am unsure if I will enjoy being a JAG or hate the entire experience. What was your experience as a JAG like?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I've never been in the military, but I can tell you you should have nothing to do with the evil organization.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

xbigdogz was a JAG.Maybe PM him?

In this thread:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ghlight=Lawyer
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

Ron Paul was in the Air Force.

It is an extremely selective program. Lack of jobs in general and a complete and utter over saturation of lawyers has driven a lot of attorneys to look at the JAG program. It is a pretty small program and some really good attorneys are competing for the few spots that are available. Your best bet is to try and gain admission to a law school that has a history of placing individuals into the JAG program and beginning to angle that way as soon as you step on campus for 1L. You're going to want to get accepted to law school first and foremost. Bone up on the LSAT; it's not fun.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    Ron Paul was in the Air Force.
    So what? I don't worship Ron Paul.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

JAG is overly glamorized. In the Air Force, we had JAG (prosecution), but we also had the ADC (Area Defense Counsel). This is where I saw an obvious conflict of interest in the TV show JAG—the same department prosecuted and defended.
    Indianensis Universitatis Alumnus

i used to talk them into mailing my taxes in for me while I was in bum$#@!, I figured wth , they did not have anything else to do .

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Isn't Danke a JAG?

Edit: nevermind, confused JAG with jagoff.
    Last edited by eduardo89; 09-18-2013 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaAla View Post
    It is an extremely selective program. Lack of jobs in general and a complete and utter over saturation of lawyers has driven a lot of attorneys to look at the JAG program. It is a pretty small program and some really good attorneys are competing for the few spots that are available. Your best bet is to try and gain admission to a law school that has a history of placing individuals into the JAG program and beginning to angle that way as soon as you step on campus for 1L. You're going to want to get accepted to law school first and foremost. Bone up on the LSAT; it's not fun.
    I talked to some of the people at ROTC yesterday and they said everyone who has applied for active duty JAG Corps has been selected. From what I understand, it is very difficult to become a reserve JAG but easy to become an active duty JAG.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelDavis View Post
    I talked to some of the people at ROTC yesterday and they said everyone who has applied for active duty JAG Corps has been selected. From what I understand, it is very difficult to become a reserve JAG but easy to become an active duty JAG.
    Do not believe what your recruiter tells you!

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    THIS
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by eduardo89 View Post
    Isn't Danke a JAG?

Edit: nevermind, confused JAG with jagoff.
    As you're an ESL dude, no worries, we forgive you.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    They aren't recruiters. They are paid an hourly wage and have no reason to lie. I definately want to serve in the Army. Marines are just Green Berets who like cute uniforms *cough* GunnyFreedom *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelDavis View Post
    nm
    Last edited by BamaAla; 09-24-2013 at 12:29 AM.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    As you're an ESL dude, no worries, we forgive you.
    Danke, you truly are a man of forgiveness, mercy, and compassion.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by eduardo89 View Post
    Danke, you truly are a man of forgiveness, mercy, and compassion.
    I reserve a special place in the depth of my bowels for a fellow like you.

edit: eduardo the Canadian/Mexican pervert took that as an anal sex desire.

I apologize if anyone else misconstrued my remark. Well, except HB, I can't imagine what thoughts conjured up in his depraved mind.

Last edited by Danke; 09-24-2013 at 12:55 AM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.