Thread: Rep. Paul Gosar to speak at Glendale Community College Young Americans for Liberty

Thumbs up Rep. Paul Gosar to speak at Glendale Community College Young Americans for Liberty

On October 15, 2013, U.S. Congressman Paul Gosar will speak to the Glendale Community College (AZ) Young Americans for Liberty chapter. Since taking office in 2010, Congressman Gosar has taken his oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States very seriously, sponsoring legislation to draw back the size and scope of government, and return it to its Constitutional size.

This event is part of the “Constitution Week” national activism project that hundreds of YAL chapters nationwide will be participating in throughout the month of September. Students across the country are taking to their campus to protect and preserve your right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

The event is free and open to the public, and all Arizona Young Americans for Liberty members are encouraged to attend what should be a great opportunity to hear from a man on the front lines of liberty in the U.S. Congress.

The event is being held on October 15 at:

Glendale Community College
    6000 W. Olive Ave.
    Student Union, room 104 ABC

at 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. There will be a Q&A following his speech.

More info and RSVP can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/events/517396001680353/

Last edited by Gage; 09-17-2013 at 05:21 PM.
    "We have nothing to fear except our own unwillingness to defend what is naturally ours, our God-given rights. We have nothing to fear that should cause us to forget or relinquish our rights as free men and women. To thrive, we must believe in ourselves again, and we must never, never trade our liberty for any fleeting promise of security." - Rand Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is he a genuine liberty Republican, or is he just trying to rack up some free points with the Liberty Movement?

Jeff Flake was endorsed by YALPAC, and...look at his voting record. Just voted for war with Syria.

Quote Originally Posted by Krzysztof Lesiak View Post
    Is he a genuine liberty Republican, or is he just trying to rack up some free points with the Liberty Movement?

Jeff Flake was endorsed by YALPAC, and...look at his voting record. Just voted for war with Syria.
    YAL did not endorse Jeff Flake to my knowledge, he was endorsed and supported by the Liberty for All Super PAC, however, who ran ads for him in the Republican primary.

Paul Gosar has been strong on most issues, though there are a few questionable areas. I would say he is about 90 to 95% on our side.
    "We have nothing to fear except our own unwillingness to defend what is naturally ours, our God-given rights. We have nothing to fear that should cause us to forget or relinquish our rights as free men and women. To thrive, we must believe in ourselves again, and we must never, never trade our liberty for any fleeting promise of security." - Rand Paul

Update on the event, it has been rescheduled for October 15.

“The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Did you happen to go Gage?

(or anyone, for that matter)

I forgot all about it.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Did you happen to go Gage?

(or anyone, for that matter)

I forgot all about it.
    I am the President of the chapter that hosted the event. We had a pretty good turnout, and despite some technical difficulties it was a good event.

Quote Originally Posted by Gage View Post
    I am the President of the chapter that hosted the event. We had a pretty good turnout, and despite some technical difficulties it was a good event.
    Any chance of a video?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.