Thread: Rand Paul Draws Fire From Pro-Israel Group For “Promised Land” Comments

Rand Paul Draws Fire From Pro-Israel Group For “Promised Land” Comments

Rand Paul Draws Fire From Pro-Israel Group For “Promised Land” Comments

A source at Christians United For Israel calls Paul’s comment to BuzzFeed “slander.” “He simply is asking all Christians to join him in reexamining our foreign policy and in working to make war a last resort,” a Paul adviser responds.

by McKay Coppins
    September 13, 2013 at 3:14pm EDT

WASHINGTON — A leading pro-Israel group is condemning Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul after taking issue with critical comments he made to BuzzFeed about foreign policy mistakes made by “defenders of the promised land and the chosen people.”

Paul was discussing a speech he gave last year at the Value Voters Summit in which he said he struggled to reconcile his Christian beliefs with the notion of fighting wars.

“I think some within the Christian community are such great defenders of the promised land and the chosen people that they think war is always the answer, maybe even preemptive war. And I think it’s hard to square the idea of a preemptive war and, to me, that overeagerness [to go to] war, with Christianity,” Paul told BuzzFeed in a story published Friday morning.

An official at Christians United For Israel strongly criticized Paul for the comments, accusing the senator of “slander.”

“One of the last acceptable prejudices in America is a bias against Christians of faith. Thus it hurts us to see a leader we respect — and a Christian one at that — engage in such slanders of Israel’s Christian supporters,” the CUFI source, who requested anonymity because he said he didn’t have permission to speak on the subject, told BuzzFeed. “Let’s be clear, Christians United for Israel is the largest pro-Israel organization in America and we abhor war. We have never asked Congress for any action tougher than economic sanctions because we believe that war must always be a last resort. And we support a strong Israel because we know that this is the best deterrent to war in the Middle East.”

read more:
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/mckaycoppins...-promised-land

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    CUFI sucks. Anything that Hagee the fraud is a part should be avoided.
    "Power tends to confuse itself with virtue...conferring upon it a special responsibility for other nations—to make them richer and happier and wiser, to remake them, that is, in its own shining image. Power confuses itself with virtue and tends also to take itself for omnipotence. Once imbued with the idea of a mission, a great nation easily assumes that it has the means as well as the duty to do God's work." - William Fulbright

Agreed, Hagee is a fraud and should be avoided like the plague he is.

CUFI sends me a LOT of mail requesting donations. Just sayin'.

Christians United for Israel...what a joke, considering most Israelis are either Atheist or followers of Judaism who don't like Christianity at all.
    Last edited by DFF; 09-13-2013 at 02:56 PM.

An anonymous source at CUFI accuses Rand of Slandering them, lol.

Besides, seeing as Hagee denies Christ was the messiah; I don't see how Rand could have been referring to his group when Rand referred to members of the Christian community.

“Let’s be clear, Christians United for Israel is the largest pro-Israel organization in America and we abhor war. We have never asked Congress for any action tougher than economic sanctions because we believe that war must always be a last resort."

Ok, if that's actually the case, then Rand wasn't referring to your group.

They really are getting worked up about Rand's growing popularity. We'll see where Glenn Beck comes down on this. Any Beck regulars hear him say anything about Rand this week?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “Let’s be clear, Christians United for Israel is the largest pro-Israel organization in America and we abhor war. We have never asked Congress for any action tougher than economic sanctions because we believe that war must always be a last resort."
    BS!

John Hagee with Benny Hinn: Praying For War in the Name of Jesus
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v70t0IfNglo

Why the hell are there "Christians United for Israel" in the first place? Yet if the Catholic Church holds a simple peace conference they're labeled anti-semites?!