Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peter King: Rand Paul is a 'knee-jerk isolationist'

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Peter King: Rand Paul is a 'knee-jerk isolationist'

boooo

-
    “He’s a knee-jerk isolationist,” King said of Paul in a separate interview. “Just the level of his arguments — ‘build bridges in the U.S. rather than Afghanistan’ — has superficial appeal. But what does that mean? Does he consider, analyze — what happens when we withdraw?”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/0...#ixzz2emYqYxY0

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That these people think Rand Paul is an isolationist even after how much he's given them just makes me sad.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    That these people think Rand Paul is an isolationist even after how much he's given them just makes me sad.
    It's the level of their argument. If you don't want to kill brown people in foreign lands, you're an isolationist.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

King even thinks that Cruz is an isolationist. He basically thinks that you're an isolationist if you don't support every war.

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    King even thinks that Cruz is an isolationist. He basically thinks that you're an isolationist if you don't support every war.
    What war has Cruz actually opposed?

I mean, he opposed Obama's particular intervention in Syria, but he supported going in. And he's a rabid Israel-firster.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

I mean, he opposed Obama's particular intervention in Syria, but he supported going in. And he's a rabid Israel-firster.
    Syria and opposed Iraq and Afghanistan when they turned into long term occupations and nation building projects.

Do you have to post the same things every time somebody mentions Cruz? You're like a dog foaming at the mouth who hear the food in the box shaking.

When you grow up you'll realize that Cruz takes a sane real world position that keeps us out of the majority of trouble, while still appealing to the majority of GOP voters. Not perfect, but very good.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Do you have to post the same things every time somebody mentions Cruz?
    Yes, absolutely yes. They should stop supporting evil.
    You're like a dog foaming at the mouth who hear the food in the box shaking.

When you grow up you'll realize that Cruz takes a sane real world position that keeps us out of the majority of trouble, while still appealing to the majority of GOP voters. Not perfect, but very good.
    OK, Mr. 666...

You're a plant, and everyone who's really on our side knows you're a plant.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Peter King is just a jerk

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Peter King is just a jerk
    He's running for president lol

OOOooooOOOo!
    perspective based name calling!
    i wanna play!

PETER KING IS A LYING MURDERING REPTOID FACED TRAITOR WEARING A MISS AMERIKKA SASH!
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Dammit!! I was hoping to be able to say, "In b4 CUPd" ...

The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Its kind of irrelevant because once those wars start, they are INEVITABLY "Long term nation building process."

Ted Cruz is a typical "Kill 'em faster" "conservative." Useless.

Its kind of irrelevant because once those wars start, they are INEVITABLY "Long term nation building process."

Ted Cruz is a typical "Kill 'em faster" "conservative." Useless.
    there's a good thread on Cruz here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...foreign-policy

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    there's a good thread on Cruz here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...foreign-policy
    Yep.

Kathy88: Peter King is a despotic $#@!tard.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Really, if Rand is an "isolationist," then what exactly is Ron? Rand has already supported and advocated a more moderate and watered down version of Ron's foreign policy views.

Does he consider, analyze — what happens when we withdraw?”
    We stop wasting money? We stop creating bad situations, and making the world mad at us?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

This is the fall back word that neocons use when non-intervention is trending or to dismiss it like calling something a conspiracy theory. The isolationism or race card don't pack the punch that they used to.

The neoconservatives use the "isolationist" card the same way the left acts with the race card. It's almost never applied logically, it's just whipped out in hopes of shutting the opponent up.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    The neoconservatives use the "isolationist" card the same way the left acts with the race card. It's almost never applied logically, it's just whipped out in hopes of shutting the opponent up.

A little background on Peter King:

A little of King's background:

Well, you might think from all this that Congressman King is glib and equivocal, so why listen to him on terrorism? I will tell you, my friends. Because our hero has been to the other side. Of course, as Marlowe wisely pointed out: “that was in another country,/ And besides, the wench is dead.” Yet I bring it up to show how he knows whereof he speaks. I refer of course to King’s support of the IRA. Not the venerable GOP replacement for Social Security, but rather the organization that dealt in arms and, let’s be frank, terror. As I’ve said before, King was not just a casual fan; he was a fervent supporter of the IRA. It was one of his original talking points, before he landed the bully pulpit of “Morning Joe.” It was his claim to fame, the impetus for his rise to merited national acclaim. The Daily Beast gives his background:

In the 1980s, he was a prominent fundraiser for Noraid, the Irish-American organization that raised money for the IRA and was suspected of running guns to Ulster, too. Indeed, King’s rise to prominence within the Irish-American movement was predicated upon his support for the IRA at a time when New Yorkers were softer on terrorism than they are now. Noraid helped win King his seat in Congress, making him, in some respects, the terrorists’ Man in Washington.

On his travels to Northern Ireland, King would stay with members of the IRA and spend his evenings in IRA drinking clubs, soaking up the atmosphere and, I dare say, enjoying the craic.

In 1982 he told a pro-IRA rally in Nassau County, New York, that “We must pledge ourselves to support those brave men and women who this very moment are carrying forth the struggle against British imperialism in the streets of Belfast and Derry.” That same year, an IRA bomb killed eight people in London’s Hyde Park. Two years later, the IRA almost succeeded in murdering the British prime minister. Only good fortune saved Margaret Thatcher’s life. In 1987, an IRA bomb murdered 11 civilians in Enniskillen during the annual Remembrance Day service. These are merely some of the more infamous IRA atrocities. There isn’t space here to list them all.

King was such a well-known figure in Northern Ireland that one judge presiding over a murder case in which the accused were members of the IRA, threw King out of his Belfast courtroom because, as the judge put it, “he was an obvious collaborator with the IRA.”

So let no one tell you Congressman King is just another blowhard. He is a blowhard, yet more: he has reason to blow. You might be curious, however, how someone such as he was selected by the GOP in the House to chair the House Committee on Homeland Security. Old-timers among you might remember the days when actually being on the side of terrorists might raise security flags or even police scrutiny.

http://hiddencause.wordpress.com/tag/peter-t-king/

he wants rand paul to invite him over for bbq too it appears..

he's screaming for attention like a child.. next thing he should compare down christie and say he's a bigger interventionist

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Peter King is a lunatic alcoholic, like half the members of the Congress. I wouldn't trust that man to hold my dog's leash for more than two seconds.......... if that long.

King is an extremist, this reminds me of the Harry Reid comment the other day where he called the Tea Party anarchists.

I'd take a knee-jerk isolationist over a knee-jerk interventionist any day.
    "The journalist is one who separates the wheat from the chaff, and then prints the chaff." - Adlai Stevenson

“I tell you that virtue does not come from money: but from virtue comes money and all other good things to man, both to the individual and to the state.” - Socrates

bring on the debates! rand will slaughter this guy.

If I could remove 1 person from congress it would be Peter King....no doubt
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." —Jeff Cooper

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast