Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [Video] Rand Paul Delivers Response to President's Speech on Military Action in Syria 9/10/13

[Video] Rand Paul Delivers Response to President's Speech on Military Action in Syria 9/10/13

update:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE8jeD-uB7U

--

Joe Arnold says it will be televised, but I don't see that reported anywhere else so far.

Last edited by jct74; 09-10-2013 at 08:14 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Huge news!

What stations will this be aired on? Any mainstream stations? If so, this is incredibly huge. I hope he tears him apart!

Oh Yeah!
    “But let it not be said that we did nothing. Let not those who love the power of the welfare/warfare state label the dissenters of authoritarianism as unpatriotic or uncaring. Patriotism is more closely linked to dissent than it is to conformity and a blind desire for safety and security. Understanding the magnificent rewards of a free society makes us unbashful in its promotion, fully realizing that maximum wealth is created and the greatest chance for peace comes from a society respectful of individual liberty.”

― Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by mit26chell View Post
    Huge news!

What stations will this be aired on? Any mainstream stations? If so, this is incredibly huge. I hope he tears him apart!
    I don't know. I changed the title because I'm not sure it will be televised, only Joe Arnold has reported that so far. It might just go up on his youtube channel but will still get lots of attention and headlines nonetheless.

I bet CSPAN will pick it up . . .

I imagine we will be treated to the usual 'network technical difficulties' when the response is given. Darn satellites anyway.
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

If Obama is backing off from a strike, what's the point for a response if Rand is just going to agree with him?

Quote Originally Posted by fearthereaperx View Post
    If Obama is backing off from a strike, what's the point for a response if Rand is just going to agree with him?
    To take credit and add higher octane fuel to the political capital tank.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand Paul to push against military action in Syria after Obama's evening address

BY STEVE CONTORNO | SEPTEMBER 10, 2013 AT 11:37 AM

Republican Sen. Rand Paul will speak Tuesday night shortly after President Obama addresses the nation on the United States' escalating involvement in war-torn Syria.

A staunch opponent of U.S. intervention in the Syrian conflict, Paul, R-Ky., is scheduled to speak at 10 p.m. to respond to Obama's remarks and make the case against a military strike.

Much remains in flux Tuesday and it is unclear what the president will say to the American people in his evening remarks. While he initially was looking to make the case for use of military force in Syria following the use of chemical weapons by Bashar Assad against rebels, a diplomatic option is gaining traction. Under that scenario, the U.S. would hold off on an attack if the Assad regime handed control of its chemical weapons over to Russia.

A public response by Paul could prove to be a dicey maneuver without a clear sign of what Obama will say before him.

A release from Paul's office did not say whether the networks, which will air Obama's comments, will also show the Republican's remarks.
    http://washingtonexaminer.com/rand-p...rticle/2535527

Hope he has a couple different speeches ready. Obama is going to delay any Syria strikes in light of Kerry's epic blundering breakthrough. Rand should say his usual limited government, non-intervention schtick and not get too far into the weeds.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Good practice for when he is president.

#winning
    Last edited by opinionatedfool; 09-10-2013 at 10:17 AM.

obama is going to claim this was the plan all along and make rand seems like a nutcase. lame.

Any more news about whether this will be carried, and by whom?
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

Woah.

If the networks (or even the big 3 cable news channels) pick Rand's response up, then MASSIVE props to Rand & Co for making the most of the Syria debacle.
    Last edited by WD-NY; 09-10-2013 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap View Post
    I imagine we will be treated to the usual 'network technical difficulties' when the response is given. Darn satellites anyway.
    That seems to happen a lot regarding the Pauls. It's the only conspiracy I mildly entertain

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by WD-NY View Post
    Woah.

If the networks (or even the big 3 cable news channels) pick Rand's response up, then MASSIVE props to Rand & Co for making the most of the Syria debacle.
    If the general public doesn't know about it, it hasn't been advertised and there was no word given on what channels they planned to utilize, the only reason I think people wouldn't notice it is because those responsible for planning the response didn't pick a network. Plus this is very last minute notice. We at least knew before hand that Rubio and Paul would deliver the GOP and Tea Party responses, respectively, to the State of the Union.

I think Obama will spin his bellicose war mongering as merely geopolitical posturing that brought the Syrians to the table.

HuffPost Live will carry Rand's response and then have reaction from a panel of journalists and Alan Grayson

http://live.huffingtonpost.com/r/seg...c90a12010001fc

Sen. Rand Paul's Response

Kentucky Senator Rand Paul has been critical of proposed U.S. military intervention in Syria. We carry his response to President Obama's address live, then Marc gets reactions from our DC reporters and Democratic Representative Alan Grayson.

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    HuffPost Live will carry Rand's response and then have reaction from a panel of journalists and Alan Grayson

http://live.huffingtonpost.com/r/seg...c90a12010001fc
    Brett Bair said FoxNews would be carrying Rand's response as well. #TargetDemoFTW

Rand Paul, Shadow President. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by WD-NY View Post
    Brett Bair said FoxNews would be carrying Rand's response as well. #TargetDemoFTW
    cool

Baier just said Rand will be joining them live on Fox News, but I thought the response was pre-taped?

maybe it will be an interview instead.
    Last edited by jct74; 09-10-2013 at 07:26 PM.

Rand on Fox now!

in studio interview.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Two things i wish Rand avoids in his speech

- We all know Assad used chemical weapons on his people
    - He killed 100k of his people.

Everything else should be good

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Rand Paul is now the unofficial President of the United States of America.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

I hope he talks to us like kindergarteners, like Bobby Jindal. /s

I wish he would bring up how many children died by Obamadrones

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast