Thread: Rand Paul Hosts Secret Anti-War Meeting

Rand Paul Hosts Secret Anti-War Meeting

Paul Hosts Secret Anti-War Meeting

By Robert Costa and Jonathan Strong
    September 10, 2013 8:52 AM

In a secret meeting on Tuesday morning, Senator Rand Paul (R., Ky.) hosted a bipartisan group of senators and House members in a conference room in the Capitol’s basement. According to several participants, the lawmakers plotted ways to stop the use of U.S. military force in Syria.

Since the diplomatic situation is fluid, there was no final consensus on how best to combat the administration, but potential legislative maneuvers, press appearances, and letters were discussed. Several undecided members asked questions.

Aides say Paul planned the gathering over a week ago, and the list of attendees grew by the day. He is pleased, especially, by the number of Democrats who are eager to work with him to kill the war resolution. Representatives Alan Grayson (D., Fla.) and Tulsi Gabbard (D., Hawaii), among other liberals, spoke.

The meeting, which started at 8:00 a.m., lasted for an hour. It was a conversational setting, with members sitting and talking through the issue, rather than giving speeches. Coffee and light refreshments were provided.
    http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...onathan-strong

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    uh... Secret?

Let's move forward to the Constitution.. I am the new GOP. I stand with Rand.

"secret meeting", "plotted ways to stop the use of U.S. military force" - it's pretty obvious where the authors' sympathies lie.

LOL. A "secret" meeting at a conference room in the Capital building. Worst.secret.ever. The word he was probably looking for was "private" meeting...which most meetings are private .

Rand is leading the zombies to Liberty.
    "We do have some differences and our approaches will be different, but that makes him his own person. I mean why should he [Rand] be a clone and do everything and think just exactly as I have. I think it's an opportunity to be independent minded. We are about 99% [the same on issues]." Ron Paul

perhaps more fitting headline for this article and some quotes from Rand and Justin

Rand Paul Huddles With Bipartisan Group On Syria Opposition
    “We wanted to have something that would invigorate those who are opposed… It helps to get people together to reinforce each other,” Paul said.

by Kate Nocera
    September 10, 2013 at 9:45am EDT

WASHINGTON— Kentucky Senator Rand Paul held a bipartisan strategy session on Tuesday with about 30 members of the House and Senate who oppose using military force in Syria.

While a new diplomatic Russian proposal to have Syria turn over their chemical weapons stockpile to the international community could prevent a congressional vote on striking Syria, Paul said it was important for members to come together to keep up their vocal efforts in opposition to a strike.

“It’s a beginning, and the way things work around here the caucuses put pressure on you,” Paul said. “So we wanted to have something that would invigorate those who are opposed to talk to their colleagues because what will happen in both caucuses, both Republican and Democrat caucus, the fervor will be whipped up to support this and they’ll be told things only by one side. It helps to get people together to reinforce each other.”

A handle of House Democrats who have been outspokenly against attacking Syria attended the meeting, including Wisconsin Rep. Mark Pocan, Hawaii Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, Florida Rep. Alan Grayson, and Minnesota Rep. Rick Nolan.

“It was a group of members from the house and senate who have taken positions opposing a U.S led military strike in Syria. And the conversation was about how we can prevent us from getting involved in another war,” said Gabbard. “There was a lot of sharing of ideas and open and candid conversation and representative of what we are hearing across the country.”

read more:
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/katenocera/r...ria-opposition

Rand has been kicking ass on this Syria issue. He definitely has his talking points down and is making all the rounds. He's acting way more presidential than Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by Kords21 View Post
    Rand has been kicking ass on this Syria issue. He definitely has his talking points down and is making all the rounds. He's acting way more presidential than Obama.
    Word!
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Coffee and light refreshments were provided.
    It's hard hitting behind-the-scenes investigative journalism such as this that is gonna end up saving America.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    It's hard hitting behind-the-scenes investigative journalism such as this that is gonna end up saving America.
    LOL!

Obviously anyone who serves coffee and light refreshments is up to no good
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Rand = Leading = Win
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Chris Wallace said Rand is the leading opposition to Syria. That blew my mind that he admitted it.
    Founder and leader of the militant wing of the Salvation Army.

Coffee and refreshments? I thought Rand was more of a Punch and Pie man.

Last edited by Kords21; 09-10-2013 at 12:12 PM.

lol secret anti-war meeting in the basement of the capitol building.

Its not that bad folks, I thought Robert Costa was cool? doesn't he always write fair/good articles?
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Last edited by economics102; 09-10-2013 at 03:22 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by JCDenton0451 View Post
    "secret meeting", "plotted ways to stop the use of U.S. military force" - it's pretty obvious where the authors' sympathies lie.
    "In the basement", with his army of internet nerds...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

The Revolution will not be catered ...

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Coffee and light refreshments were provided.
    Quote Originally Posted by economics102 View Post
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Woulda had more people show up if he had promised donuts.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Paul Hosts Secret Anti-War Meeting

By Robert Costa and Jonathan Strong
    September 10, 2013 8:52 AM
    In a secret meeting on Tuesday morning, Senator Rand Paul (R., Ky.) hosted a bipartisan group of senators and House members...

The meeting, which started at 8:00 a.m., lasted for an hour. It was a conversational setting, with members sitting and talking through the issue, rather than giving speeches. Coffee and light refreshments were provided.
    Lol... "Secret meeting that I reported on before it was over?"
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire