Thread: A free market would make the U.S. a better place by allowing parents to sue pharma companies

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries

A free market would make the U.S. a better place by allowing parents to sue pharma companies

Unfortunately in our nation the Marxists in our government have banded together with the corporate special interests and they refuse to allow the free market solutions come to bear. Protecting the corporations, whether they are big pharma, banks or the military industrial complex is the norm. Holding those that cause damage accountable is not allowed by the statists that pretend the government is here to protect we the people.

One such example...

Yes this is bait for our new Marxist member Donnie Darko.
    Last edited by Cleaner44; 09-08-2013 at 02:52 PM.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This thread - claiming both that vaccines cause autism and that people are not allowed to sue pharmaceutical companies - is a gift to those of us who enjoy mocking the factually impaired among us....

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    This thread - claiming both that vaccines cause autism and that people are not allowed to sue pharmaceutical companies - is a gift to those of us who enjoy mocking the factually impaired among us....
    If you have some facts to share that prove the video claims wrong, I would appreciate you posting them.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    If you have some facts to share that prove the video claims wrong, I would appreciate you posting them.
    My life is too short to watch a video that claims that vaccines cause autism. But in the graphic, that thing that says taxpayer money should actually say surcharge - it's a small tax put on each and every vaccine. The money goes into a trust fund to pay settlements. If you don't use vaccines, you're not paying for the settlements.

If you want to talk about the vaccine court, that's a freaking gift to the incredibly miniscule number of children who do develop side effects to the vaccines, because it's a no-fault hearing. The burden of proof is much less than it would be in a real court.

Do you watch television? Do you not see all the lawyer ads in the evenings, telling people that if they've taken x drug and suffered any number of a long list of side effects that they should call right away? Why do you think those commercials exist?

I know I'm not going to change your mind. Anybody who still thinks vaccines cause autism is clearly beyond reach. But like I said, this thread is a gift.
    Last edited by angelatc; 09-08-2013 at 03:45 PM.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    My life is too short to watch a video that claims that vaccines cause autism.

Do you watch television? Do you not see all the lawyer ads in the evenings, telling people that if they've taken x drug and suffered any number of a long list of side effects that they should call right away? Why do you think those commercials exist?

If you want to talk about the vaccine court, that's a freaking gift to the incredibly miniscule number of children who do develop side effects to the vaccines, because it's a no-fault hearing. The burden of proof is much less than it would be in a real court.

I know I'm not going to change your mind. Anybody who still thinks vaccines cause autism are clearly beyond reach. But like I said, this thread is a gift.
    No I don't watch TV.

You could change my mind, I love to learn and am open to learning more about this subject. I really don't know if autism is caused by vaccines, but if the claim is true that parent can't sue then I would have a problem with that. Lawyer commercials for suing makers of birth control pills does not prove anything when it comes to vaccine liability. Give me some facts I can use to learn from.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

No I don't watch TV.

You could change my mind, I love to learn and am open to learning more about this subject. I really don't know if autism is caused by vaccines, but if the claim is true that parent can't sue then I would have a problem with that. Lawyer commercials for suing makers of birth control pills does not prove anything when it comes to vaccine liability. Give me some facts I can use to learn from.
    There is no if. Vaccines do not cause autism. Another fact - autism rates rose when thermisol was removed from vaccines.

If a child is damaged by a vaccine, they are automatically eligible for a payout from the trust fund that's funded by a surcharge that's collected from the purchase at each vaccine. Big Pharma doesn't even get a chance to defend itself - it's a no-fault court.

And remember, your title is wrong. You say that people can't sue big pharma, and yet big pharma gets sued every day.
    Last edited by angelatc; 09-08-2013 at 03:53 PM.

I know I'm not going to change your mind.
    Cleaner44 asked for more information, but instead of providing that you respond with this? Why? How can you possibly know that you're not going to change someone's mind?

Anybody who still thinks vaccines cause autism is clearly beyond reach.
    What if vaccines really do cause autism? I don't know if they do or don't; I've never done experiments to find out, nor do I have the resources to do so at my disposal, and I don't know of anyone who does.

There is no if. Vaccines do not cause autism. Another fact - autism rates rose when thermisol was removed from vaccines.
    You yourself are making claims, here.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries

If a child is damaged by a vaccine, they are automatically eligible for a payout from the trust fund that's funded by a surcharge that's collected from the purchase at each vaccine. Big Pharma doesn't even get a chance to defend itself - it's a no-fault court.

And remember, your title is wrong. You say that people can't sue big pharma, and yet big pharma gets sued every day.
    The title does not say that people can't sue big pharma.

Please help me with facts.

Can any parent just go to the no-fault court and collect a check?

Do they have to first prove damage?

Do they have access to the normal procedures of a court to prove damage if needed?

I am sure that it is a fact that autism rates have risen, but I am not sure that it is due to vaccines or thermisol being removed from vaccines. If it is a fact that rate rose when thermisol was removed from vaccines, does that mean that thermisol prevented autism?
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    There is no if. Vaccines do not cause autism.
    I am not claiming that vaccines do cause autism, but I do find it odd that the government has an agency that pays people money for causing autism if the vaccines don't cause autism. They doesn't make sense to me. Can you help me understand?
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am not claiming that vaccines do cause autism, but I do find it odd that the government has an agency that pays people money for causing autism if the vaccines don't cause autism. They doesn't make sense to me. Can you help me understand?
    Who ever said that the "side effects due to vaccines" was autism?
    If you wanted some sort of Ideological purity, you'll get none of that from me.