Thread: Syria stance unlikely to hurt Lindsey Graham in 2014

Angry Syria stance unlikely to hurt Lindsey Graham in 2014

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/0...014-96283.html

Conservative foes of Sen. Lindsey Graham found fresh fodder this week, seizing on news of a meeting the South Carolina Republican had with President Barack Obama and arguing that Graham’s openness to the president’s push for action in Syria was further evidence of his overly conciliatory approach to the other side.

But that line of argument doesn’t look to amount to much in Graham’s reelection battle next year, when he’s expected to face a primary challenge from the right.
    Continue Reading

Several South Carolina political observers said in interviews that Graham would probably emerge unscathed if he supports Obama in striking Syria, despite the president’s unpopularity in the state and distrust of his proposal.

“Sen. Graham has really been a leader on a lot of foreign policy issues in the past,” said Luke Byars, a GOP political consultant in South Carolina whose firm may work on Graham’s race next year. “If he says, ‘Listen, I’ve seen the information, I’m telling you you gotta do this for these reasons,’ I think a lot of voters in South Carolina are going to take him on his word.”

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

This is Politico, the establishment mouthpiece.

They're scared, otherwise they wouldn't have put this piece together. Notice who they are pulling quotes from. This may as well have come from the Graham campaign.

Israel firster Lindsey Graham is neck in neck with John McCain for the title of ultimate whore for AIPAC.

My biggest fear is that the SC voters will put Graham back into office thinking he is "influential" (which he is, but in the wrong way).

I agree. It is pointless and hopeless... almost.