Thread: House Greets Syria War Resolution With Intense Skepticism; Vote Could Go Down

House Greets Syria War Resolution With Intense Skepticism; Vote Could Go Down

Just wanted to share this quote from this article I saw. #winning!!

"President Obama's request to use military force has caused many Republicans to go from a 'kick their ass and take their gas' foreign policy to linking arms and singing 'Give Peace a Chance,'" said the former Democratic member. "Some, maybe a lot, will vote against it just because Obama is for it. There's a real split in the Republican Party now between the neocons and the Paulites, and the Republican base appears to be mostly Paulites. They hate the Republican establishment, and the neocons are the establishment. Even more hawkish Republicans don't see crimes against humanity as a reason to intervene in a country with no oil."
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3873801.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The hell with it, lets make a drum circle and sing kumbya if it'll stop WW3 from starting in syria. Republicans aren't stupid, they know this thing is going to blow up into WW3 if Obama does it.

Love "Paulites". Maybe we need the Paul Party.

nice, check this line out too,

A broad coalition of House critics, including tea party conspiracy theorists, libertarian non-interventionists, progressive humanitarians and pragmatic foreign policy realists, have all voiced opposition to U.S. military action for different reasons.
    notice the inclusion of the work "non-interventionist" attached to "libertarian". Also notice the attachment of the words "tea party" and "conspiracy theorists". So the broad label of "conspiracy theorists" as well as "tea party" have been detached from my personal base ideals of "libertarianism" and "non-intervention".

I like the subtle shift in dialogue. This is encouraging and buttresses my sense that libertarian ideals are gaining a foothold in the main stream and becoming a preferred alternative to the status quo 2 party mockery.

Still ignorance is something that needs to be overcome, as in the very next paragraph...

The Republican Party has been evolving a distinct isolationist wing as its libertarian element has risen in influence.
    derp....
    Last edited by newbitech; 09-05-2013 at 12:45 PM.

Even more hawkish Republicans don't see crimes against humanity as a reason to intervene in a country with no oil."
    And this guy is a former Congressional Rep???

Syrian Oil And Gas: Little-Known Facts on Syria’s Energy Resources And Russia's Help
    http://www.ibtimes.com/syrian-oil-ga...s-help-1402405

As the situation in Syria deteriorates with a threatened U.S. airstrike over President Bashar al-Assad’s chemical weapons, the Damascus regime still controls one of the largest conventional hydrocarbon resources in the eastern Mediterranean.

Syria possessed 2.5 billion barrels of crude oil as of January 2013, which makes it the largest proved reserve of crude oil in the eastern Mediterranean according to the Oil & Gas Journal estimate, besides Iraq.

(cont)

-t

The OP made my day.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Love "Paulites". Maybe we need the Paul Party.
    Ill bring beer.
    Today I decided to get banned and spam activism on this forum...

SUPPORT RANDPAULDIGITAL GRASSROOTS PROJECTS TODAY!

http://i.imgur.com/SORJlQ5.png

For more info. or to help spread the word, go to the promotion thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

From the Democratic Underground:

It looks like the House vote on Syria is not even going to be close

Almost all decided Republicans will vote against war, while 63% of decided (or leaning) Democrats will vote no as well.

This is going to be an ass-whooping of major proportions.

I see no reason why the majority of still-undecided Congress members will split much differently from the decided ones.

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/20...ss-whip-count/
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by newbitech View Post
    nice, check this line out too,

notice the inclusion of the work "non-interventionist" attached to "libertarian". Also notice the attachment of the words "tea party" and "conspiracy theorists". So the broad label of "conspiracy theorists" as well as "tea party" have been detached from my personal base ideals of "libertarianism" and "non-intervention".

I like the subtle shift in dialogue. This is encouraging and buttresses my sense that libertarian ideals are gaining a foothold in the main stream and becoming a preferred alternative to the status quo 2 party mockery.

Still ignorance is something that needs to be overcome, as in the very next paragraph...

derp....
    They are also using little 'l' more instead of 'L'

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post

Syrian Oil And Gas: Little-Known Facts on Syria’s Energy Resources And Russia's Help

As the situation in Syria deteriorates with a threatened U.S. airstrike over President Bashar al-Assad’s chemical weapons, the Damascus regime still controls one of the largest conventional hydrocarbon resources in the eastern Mediterranean.

Syria possessed 2.5 billion barrels of crude oil as of January 2013, which makes it the largest proved reserve of crude oil in the eastern Mediterranean according to the Oil & Gas Journal estimate, besides Iraq.

(cont)

-t
    Stop using facts when the debate is emotional! :P

obama, pelosi, kerry and the rest of the lefts are going to regret this war hawk position once congress votes this down...they and the rest will try to scrape this off their record like $#@! on a shoe. this could be a big ammo for the libertarian leaning republicans in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post

(cont)

-t
    Maybe the real reason the elites want to attack Syria?

Israel has granted oil exploration rights inside Syria, in the occupied Golan Heights

By Craig Murray

Israel has granted oil exploration rights inside Syria, in the occupied Golan Heights, to Genie Energy.
    Major shareholders of Genie Energy – which also has interests in shale gas in the United States and shale oil in Israel – include Rupert Murdoch and Lord Jacob Rothschild. This from a 2010 Genie Energy press release:
    Claude Pupkin, CEO of Genie Oil and Gas, commented, “Genie’s success will ultimately depend, in part, on access to the expertise of the oil and gas industry and to the financial markets.
    Jacob Rothschild and Rupert Murdoch are extremely well regarded by and connected to leaders in these sectors. Their guidance and participation will prove invaluable.”
    “I am grateful to Howard Jonas and IDT for the opportunity to invest in this important initiative,” Lord Rothschild said. “Rupert Murdoch’s extraordinary achievements speak for themselves and we are very pleased he has agreed to be our partner.
    Genie Energy is making good technological progress to tap the world’s substantial oil shale deposits which could transform the future prospects of Israel, the Middle East and our allies around the world.”
    For Israel to seek to exploit mineral reserves in the occupied Golan Heights is plainly illegal in international law. Japan was succesfully sued by Singapore before the International Court of Justice for exploitation of Singapore’s oil resources during the second world war.
    The argument has been made in international law that an occupying power is entitled to operate oil wells which were previously functioning and operated by the sovereign power, in whose position the occupying power now stands.
    But there is absolutely no disagreement in the authorities and case law that the drilling of new wells – let alone fracking – by an occupying power is illegal.
    Israel tried to make the same move twenty years ago but was forced to back down after a strong reaction from the Syrian government, which gained diplomatic support from the United States. Israel is now seeking to take advantage of the weakened Syrian state; this move perhaps casts a new light on recent Israeli bombings in Syria.
    In a rational world, the involvement of Rothschild and Murdoch in this international criminal activity would show them not to be fit and proper persons to hold major commercial interests elsewhere, and action would be taken. Naturally, nothing of the kind will happen.

Related content:

Cheney
    The War on Syria: Israeli Licence to Cheney-Linked Energy Firm in Occupied Golan Heights

In a potential new source of contention between President Barack Obama and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, Israel has reportedly granted a U.S. energy firm with heavyweight political connections to explore for oil and gas in the occupied Golan Heights.…
    Last edited by libertyjam; 09-05-2013 at 04:41 PM.

Obama has an out if the ship tanks. He can blame Congress for endangering national security with a no vote and pull a Cameron. If he goes ahead with war any way he simply reveals that he is a dictator.

I would love to see some "Paulites" work within the democratic party and get elected to Congress. That would make us legitimately capable of creating a dangerous new political party. Stress non-intervention, civil liberties, and not wanting to reward private industry with government money, and I really don't see why it's impossible for a former democrat who is currently a supporter of Ron Paul to put together a legitimate run.

Quote Originally Posted by quezkittel View Post
    I would love to see some "Paulites" work within the democratic party and get elected to Congress. That would make us legitimately capable of creating a dangerous new political party. Stress non-intervention, civil liberties, and not wanting to reward private industry with government money, and I really don't see why it's impossible for a former democrat who is currently a supporter of Ron Paul to put together a legitimate run.
    The democratic party is hopeless. Focus on what has been successful in actually getting liberty candidates elected.