Thread: It is not a war as long as we use the Navy and airforce.

It is not a war as long as we use the Navy and airforce.

I am getting so sick of seeing this logic from Obama bots and others. If there are no "Boots on the ground" it is not a war. It has roots even around here, in that people say the constitution authorizes the Navy and somehow the Air force yet God forbid we have boots on the ground in the form of the Army. It is this same logic that is giving the prowar crowd, mostly on the left, the argument to randomly bomb counties and scream it is not a war as the president can launch it without congress as the constitution gives the president more latitude with the standing Navy and AF.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ditto! I heard Kerry say something about "not one soldier" - Then who's on the boats? Who's flying the planes? Who's launching the missiles and dropping the bombs??

Even if it were drones - you're using Government assets to damage/destroy/kill in a foreign land - that's WAR!
    Let's move forward to the Constitution.. I am the new GOP. I stand with Rand.

So....Kerry served in the Navy. Does he not believe he fought in the Vietnam War? Supposedly he received a Purple Heart for being wounded during combat. I guess he got that wound playing shuffleboard on the boat, huh?
    Last edited by cajuncocoa; 09-05-2013 at 07:13 AM.

So Japan attacking Pearl Harbor was not an act of War according to Obama, Kerry et al.
    Good to know.
    "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - Groucho Marx
    My civil neighbor, the tax-gatherer, is the very man I have to deal with--for it is, after all, with men and not with parchment that I quarrel--and he has voluntarily chosen to be an agent of the government.-Henry David Thoreau

By that logic, if Al Quada gets an air force and a navy, and uses them to attack us, it's not terrorism.

-t

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    By that logic, if Al Quada gets an air force and a navy, and uses them to attack us, it's not terrorism.

-t
    Go stand in your yard comrade....

Quote Originally Posted by Scrapmo View Post
    So Japan attacking Pearl Harbor was not an act of War according to Obama, Kerry et al.
    Good to know.
    R[∃vo˩]ution

I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. -Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    So....Kerry served in the Navy. Does he not believe he fought in the Vietnam War? Supposedly he received a Purple Heart for being wounded during combat. I guess he got that wound playing shuffleboard on the boat, huh?
    Fapping induced carpal tunnel.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Jefferson's war on the Barbary Pirates without a declaration of war, all the way to "the shores of Tripoli", is sometimes the basis for the claim.

This is what the late Christopher Hitchens, who turned neocon after 9/11, wrote about it: "Jefferson Versus the Muslim Pirates".
    Last edited by robert68; 09-05-2013 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by robert68 View Post
    Jefferson's war on the Barbary Pirates without a declaration of war, all the way to "the shores of Tripoli", is sometimes the basis for the claim.

This is what the late Christopher Hitchens, who turned neocon after 9/11, wrote about it: "Jefferson Versus the Muslim Pirates".
    True. If we cannot control the civilians leaders it doesn't matter what branch of the military is around they will find a way to use it destructively. The horror happening right now is in congress and the whitehouse, not the pentagon as the pentagon is just the weapon laying there waiting for congress to load and Obama to pick it up and fire it.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.