Thread: Men's average height up more than 4 inches since 1870s

Men's average height up more than 4 inches since 1870s

Researchers said: “[the results are] striking the period largely predates the wide implementation of major breakthroughs in modern medicine and national health services.”

One possible reason posited for surge in height, aside from the decline in infant mortality, was the strong downward trend in fertility at the time. Smaller family sizes, the researchers said, have previously been found to be linked to increasing height.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-23896855

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Humans are still........humans!

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Humans are still........humans!
    Yeah, I guess so. I'll tell you though, there is a billion dollar a year industry in transhumanist science. But that's for another day, suppose.

By the way,

Watch how this thread (that is supposed to promote evolutionism) will be left in this forum, while my thread about the days of creation was moved to the Religion forum.

Just watch...

By the way,

Watch how this thread (that is supposed to promote evolutionism) will be left in this forum, while my thread about the days of creation was moved to the Religion forum.

Just watch...
    I didn't even see your thread, S_F. Which one is it? I tend to like those kinds of discussions.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 09-05-2013 at 02:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    I didn't even see your thread, S_F. Which one is it? I tend to like those kinds of discussions.
    It's not your fault NC. Its the misunderstanding of one of the moderators of this forum. They don't understand the nature of their bias, so they show that bias by discriminating against Christianity. Maybe someday they will understand the nature of these questions.

It's not your fault NC. Its the misunderstanding of one of the moderators of this forum. They don't understand the nature of their bias, so they show that bias by discriminating against Christianity. Maybe someday they will understand the nature of these questions.
    I had bumped up a really old thread some time ago and it was promptly closed. And I had bumped it for a specific reason because of how the phenomenon had developed and come into even greater relevance. It was closed, I assume, because it was an old thread and most of those who had participated in it were no longer here. But the issue didn't and hadn't gone away. And I was left wondering if the person who closed it understood the relevance in even continuing that discussion. So I see your point in scope. I can't say anything regarding what you are talking about specifically but I do often wonder if everyone is interested in what is over the hill and sitting down in the valley as much as they are in just camping out at the nearest tree half way up the first hill.

All one can do is ask what they can do better and then work with it, I suppose.

Anyhoo....what thread were you talking about?
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 09-05-2013 at 03:04 AM.

Almost makes you wish for the 19th Century, doesn't it?
    Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives. -James Madison

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    Damn vaccines and GMO's.
    Don't forget all the growth hormones people are ingesting in their dairy products.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyJ View Post
    Don't forget all the growth hormones people are ingesting in their dairy products.
    Wish I'd got some...
    Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives. -James Madison

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison View Post
    Almost makes you wish for the 19th Century, doesn't it?
    You must be short.

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    You must be short.
    5-8

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison View Post
    Wish I'd got some...
    You might have got some, who knows, you might have been shorter without them.