View Poll Results: In the hot seat, your life depends on guessing correctly. Do you choose to answer yes or no?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

33 100.00%

Thread: Do you think Assad used chemical weapons on the Syrian people?

Do you think Assad used chemical weapons on the Syrian people?

I'd like to see actual arguments for and against because I haven't really studied much about the situation. My first impression is that such an attack would be extremely irrational for Assad's side because he would provide justification for the Zionist occupied governments to join forces with a force that otherwise wouldn't be able to defeat him.
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No The SAA forces were quite gaining ground in Damascus and elsewhere in Syria so why he would turn to the use of Chemical weapons? and look whose benefiting from this talk of an intervention.

Israel,The Saudi regime, Turkish Islamist government and an strong defender of the Muslim Brotherhood and of course the France.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    No The SAA forces were quite gaining ground in Damascus and elsewhere in Syria so why he would turn to the use of Chemical weapons? and look whose benefiting from this talk of an intervention.

Israel,The Saudi regime, Turkish Islamist government and an strong defender of the Muslim Brotherhood and of course the France.
    ^This
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Where is the "Don't know, don't care, not my problem" option?

I've seen no evidence that convinces me which side used it. No matter which did, it is not a reason for unilateral US involvement.

Quote Originally Posted by libertariantexas View Post
    Ah but it IS our problem because, depending on the answer, it will directly involve the U.S. government and by extension everyone here.

So no, I think it's extremely unlikely that Assad used those weapons.
    Be careful when you pry my gun from my cold dead hands, the barrel will be hot.

I don't know. And after half a million dead in Iraq due to the US invading, this government has no moral high-ground to pass judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by libertariantexas View Post
    This potential option is the only reason I opened the thread.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post
    I'd like to see actual arguments for and against because I haven't really studied much about the situation. My first impression is that such an attack would be extremely irrational for Assad's side because he would provide justification for the Zionist occupied governments to join forces with a force that otherwise wouldn't be able to defeat him.
    It would be irrational for Assad to give the Zionists a formal pretext to attack him, but it's possible, especially if it was one of his dumber henchmen who gave the order.

Of course this question is irrelevant. The real question is whether or not the US military should be used as a global police force for the benefit of "international community".

It's Terror Tuesday!

How many drone strikes will the grinning Dictator Obama order today?

The President’s Kill List
    May 30, 2012

What is wrong with the President sitting in a room, looking at lists and portraits of people—a Somali man, a seventeen-year-old girl, an American citizen—and deciding whom to kill? That, according to long and troubling articles in both the Times and Newsweek, is a job Barack Obama has assigned himself. His aides, notably John Brennan, his counter-terrorism adviser, portray it as a matter of taking responsibility—if we are going to assassinate someone, or call in a drone strike to take out a camp in Yemen, the President should make the call—as if our only alternative were some sort of rogue operation, with generals or C.I.A. agents shooting at will. But responsibility involves accountability, which is something, in this case, that appears to be badly lacking. Obama has not taken on a burden, but instead has given the Presidency a novel power....>>
    http://www.newyorker.com/online/blog...kill-list.html

The idea that somehow this country can run around the world claiming anything like moral high ground after all that has happened over the last 50 years or more is absurd.

He's gonna get his war, no matter what he and his killer colleagues have to do. Just watch.

I'm more interested in how the Republicans are going to vote.

In the hot seat, your life depends on guessing correctly. Do you choose to answer yes or no?
    I think "guessing" is the key. I don't think we have enough evidence to say he definitely did. I couldn't answer until I've seen more information. (and not government propaganda "information" - actual proof!)
    Let's move forward to the Constitution.. I am the new GOP. I stand with Rand.