Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 5 Good Reasons to Stop Drinking Soda… Immediately

Sodas are bad because they come in plastic containers. The plastic leaks into the soda and it has estrogenic effects.

Glass-bottled sodas are fine, though obviously not nutritious like orange juice.
    Last edited by jj-; 09-04-2013 at 12:56 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise View Post
    Inflammation, diabetes, osteoarthritis, can begin at a very young age. There are so many delicious alternatives.
    Sugar doesn't cause diabetes. That's a myth. Polyunsaturated fats are the main contributor to diabetes.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Eagles' Wings

Quote Originally Posted by jj- View Post
    Sugar doesn't cause diabetes. That's a myth. Polyunsaturated fats are the main contributor to diabetes.
    http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/articles/diab2.php

Sugars play a crucial role - for bad or for good - in our bodies, jj.

This thread inspired me. It's been one week since I've had any diet soda. And I was drinking a few liters a day. Everyday.

I've been drinking a lot of unsweetened green tea. Mostly brewed myself and then iced.

The headaches are terrible, but I'm trying to work through them. It's pure will power, right now. I crave diet soda almost every second. I'm not sure how long the detox will take, but I'm hoping it will be over soon.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    This thread inspired me. It's been one week since I've had any diet soda. And I was drinking a few liters a day. Everyday.

I've been drinking a lot of unsweetened green tea. Mostly brewed myself and then iced.

The headaches are terrible, but I'm trying to work through them. It's pure will power, right now. I crave diet soda almost every second. I'm not sure how long the detox will take, but I'm hoping it will be over soon.
    Maybe the tea is giving you the headaches? It has some estrogenic effects. Coffee might be better.

Is Gatorade Ok?
    I've got about 10 cans of powdered Tang...is that OK?
    What about the water enhancers like Mio? They've got 0-5 calories.
    What about the orange juices that have 50% less sugar?
    I like carbonated lemonade soda and carbonated orangeade soda....is that Ok?

For me it's not a problem to give up diet sodas. I never liked their taste.

Sounds to me like you need to eat something.?

I suspect the body goes a little alkali when you get hungry. That could be what allows the body to start breaking down fat, tissue, and brain(headache) to keep you going until you eat. Not really sure about this as I haven't received a grant for research, but an acidic aspirin seems to neutralize the effect. As for using my own cash it's way down on the to-do list.

Just don't ask me to give up beer and it's all good.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    When I was in the Navy I was on a Bacardi-n-Coke binge for a couple of years, other than that I don't care for them at all.

My boy won't touch soda either but both of us drink sweet-tea like true Southerners..

I love my sweet tea too (GA girl). My husband's a Yankee (Buffalo, Ny) and finds my sweet tea "obsession" amusing. For example, when talking about restaurants, I always inquire as to the quality of their sweet tea and cornbread (I don't like "Yankee cake" and I don't drink Nestea). I'm losing the battle for my sons, though. The oldest loves sweet tea-the youngest sits squarely in the water camp with his dad, they both like cornbread but none of them will touch buttermilk and cornbread - more for me .

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Eagles' Wings

I just googled diet pop detox and found a few support groups that may help. It sounds like the headache, cravings and feeling like crap are common. You could try drinking apple cider vinegar, just 1 tsp in 6 oz. of water, with meals, as it helps balance digestive system. OR, I've started using Coconut Vinegar, use the same way. Hang in there and know there is better health in the near future.

Oh, also try the ACV in Gerolsteinter Mineral water which seems to have the best level of minerals which your body must replenish after years of diet soda.

Vitamin C also moves out toxins.

Very informative post. I like it. When soda can harm our bones then think what can it do with our softer inside parts.

Hmm..how'd I miss this thread? I used to be a soda junkie. I quit cold turkey in 2002-03 or so. Partly because it became to expensive and partly because I outgrew the taste. If you're trying to kick the habit, I suggest upping your water intake to 80-100 oz per day. Sweet tea or regular iced tea may help you quit too. No moar HFCS! I feel much better off of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

I'm sure I am. ANy suggestions? Cold turkey is rough.
    It's rough the first week, but gets incredibly easy after that. But if you can't, and you want something to look forward to through the week long pain, then allow yourself a bottle a week (or you can replace it with tea, which is a better alternative) for two weeks. From my personal experience the body will get over the addiction within a week easy (assuming you drink a lot of water).
    "Corruptisima republica plurimae leges."

---- Tacitus

I love von Mises and Emma Watson

Good job, should have read through the whole thread before making my previous comment.
    "Corruptisima republica plurimae leges."

---- Tacitus

I love von Mises and Emma Watson

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Cracking a Diet Mountain Dew to toast this thread! ANd to wake up a little...
    Nay! Coke I say! Coke!

I used to drink diet coke and it really hurt my health. When I stopped drinking it I went through aspartame withdrawal for weeks. I never picked it up again.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Which is worse from health perspective as a dinner drink?

1- coke
    2- diet coke
    3- miller lite
    I would say diet coke. Aspartame is poison. But alcohol is too. Sugar is also bad. Better just to drink water I think.

I was SUPER addicted to soda, namely Coke. It was my favorite drink.

But I quit cold turkey a few months ago. The last time I had a coke was Thanksgiving of last year.

Now I'm drinking lots of water, smoothies in the morning, and sometimes tea (without caffeine) at night.

Anyway, my point is, if I can do it, ANYONE can do it.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

A 5lb bag of sugar will last me a couple of years I only have for my friends who use it in coffee and tea and I get a Mexican unrefined brown sugar. Anyway during the holidays I went to a friends for a party all they had to drink other than tap water was beer and soda I chose a ginger ale the first couple of sips really tasted terrible to me but, I managed to drink the whole thing over the time I was there. The next day when I woke up I could hardly move my joints were killing me. I know that the ingredients of that soda was what made me hurt.
    The first thing I noticed about giving up sugar was that the pain in my body was so much less. I have had some pretty serious injuries and have broken several bones in my life including one of my cervical vertebrae. I can't take pain medications because they just incapacitate me and make me feel worse and I don't have time to lay around. Every new ache I have I can usually find a sugar or HFCS connection.

I challenge anyone who has any kind of chronic pain in their body to give up sugar and HFCS for one month and see if the pain lessens. After one month eat or drink one of your favorite sugary concoctions and see how you feel the next day.

I am highly reactive to aspartame and other artificial sugars the doctors call it a "genetic defect" which really pisses me off to no end but at any rate if I consume it I will have sever chest pain and some times seizures the last time I accidentally consumed it I was laid out for a week. I am a human being and of mixed race and I am convinced that some so called foods and for sure vaccines are designed with eugenics in mind to kill off "undesirables" such as blacks and people of Jewish decent. BTW I have both Jew and black in my parentage. It was no shock to me when I found out that trials with vaccines were tampered with to hide the fact that black male babies were becoming autistic after having vaccines. Science is working against nature if you can't see it you must be blind.

Last edited by donnay; 02-28-2015 at 10:43 AM. Reason: none to all
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Liberty View Post
    I like soda. Not giving it up.

What's the point? I'm not convinced life will actually be worth it when I'm 70 anyway, or if the world will even last that long.

That said, I don't drink diet. Ugh.
    That's a pretty sad outlook. I hope I don't end up as demotivated as you.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Chester Copperpot

1- coke
    2- diet coke
    3- miller lite
    it depends on what your definition of health is...for me the best drink would be regular coca-cola and the worst diet coke. but thats just me.. i have friends who consider the diet soda "healthy" because it has no calories... shrug. i dont drink beer because its the worst alcohol as far as raising your blood sugar/insulin is concerned... ill stick with red wine usually.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Fizzy neon green colored water YUM. What a way to start a day. Do you eat that with green eggs and ham?
    Also, do the eggs and ham glow?

1- coke
    2- diet coke
    3- miller lite
    Diet Coke by far, then Coke, and Miller is the best

Bottoms up.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    I would say diet coke. Aspartame is poison. But alcohol is too. Sugar is also bad. Better just to drink water I think.
    True. I don't drink beer very often, but I'll reach for that before I ever drink a soda.

Just reminded myself of that Dos Equis commercial...

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    Meh. It's pretty much impossible to avoid GMO corn, so there's not much point in trying to avoid it.
    Sure it is possible...read labels, research as much as possible so you know what to look for and stay away from grains.

But it's not only GMO corn that is worrisome, it is GMO rice, caramel coloring (which is proving to be a carcinogen) and propylene glycol (which is antifreeze).
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Sure it is possible...read labels, research as much as possible so you know what to look for and stay away from grains.

But it's not only GMO corn that is worrisome, it is GMO rice, caramel coloring (which is proving to be a carcinogen) and propylene glycol (which is antifreeze).
    Like I said, almost impossible. The label usually won't tell you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast