Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ted Cruz on Syria: US military doesn’t exist to be a policeman for the world

Ted Cruz on Syria: US military doesn’t exist to be a policeman for the world

This is great news because Rand and Cruz coalition is major force.
    Cruz addressed the situation in Syria on Hannity by asserting that the U.S. should only act in its national security interests.
    The moral outrage expressed by Secretary of State John Kerry, Cruz suggested, was not enough to launch a military attack against Syria.
    “The United States Armed Forces doesn’t exist to be a policeman for the world and I certainly hope the reaction isn’t lobbing some cruise missiles in to disagree with Assad’s murderous actions,” he said.
    Cruz also asserted that Obama and Kerry should go the U.S. Congress to make the case for military action.
    http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/hannit...ional-security
    Ted Cruz: Syria, Obamacare ‘tied’
    http://www.politico.com/story/2013/0...9.html?hp=t3_3

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    But Cruz has already advocated for intervention. So what's he doing now?
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    IIRC when that thread was posted a bunch of people were saying Cruz was being taken out of context. Could be his position has matured some. Could be a little of both.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    IIRC when that thread was posted a bunch of people were saying Cruz was being taken out of context. Could be his position has matured some. Could be a little of both.
    Could he be lying/not really on our side? Because that's honestly what I think.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Ted Cruz was trained by the Bush family. Need I say more? Before Bush 2 was elected, he was against nation building etc... Then he became president. Before Obama (Bush 3) was elected, he was anti-war, anti-drug war etc etc... Then he became president. See a pattern?

Quote Originally Posted by twomp View Post
    Ted Cruz was trained by the Bush family. Need I say more? Before Bush 2 was elected, he was against nation building etc... Then he became president. Before Obama (Bush 3) was elected, he was anti-war, anti-drug war etc etc... Then he became president. See a pattern?
    Ok, I have found he is associated with a George P. Bush PAC. Now how is this being trained by the Bush family?

Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    Ok, I have found he is associated with a George P. Bush PAC. Now how is this being trained by the Bush family?
    He and his wife both did work for Dubya. Basic google searches will uncover it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    Did you look on his Wiki page?

In 1998, Cruz served as private counsel for Congressman John Boehner during Boehner's lawsuit against Congressman Jim McDermott for releasing a tape recording of a Boehner telephone conversation.

Cruz joined the Bush-Cheney campaign in 1999 as a domestic policy adviser, advising President George W. Bush on a wide range of policy and legal matters, including civil justice, criminal justice, constitutional law, immigration, and government reform

Cruz assisted in assembling the Bush legal team, devise strategy, and draft pleadings in the Florida and U.S. Supreme Courts during the 2000 Florida presidential recounts, winning twice in the U.S. Supreme Court.

After President Bush took office, Cruz served as an associate deputy attorney general in the U.S. Justice Department and as the director of policy planning at the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
    I didn't even bother looking into his wife but I hear Bush's bankster buddies have a nice setup for her at Goldman Sachs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Cruz

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In before someone absurdly states "look, see, Cruz is better than Rand on Syria!"
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Pat Buchanan worked for Richard Nixon. Nuff said. Secondly, everybody would work for a presidential admin (including me) if you can get the work. It's a great resume builder. Critics are inventing attacks against Cruz when his record is very good thus far. Here's a hint. Attack him on actual bad votes instead of some shadowy tree of associations. I'm probably 8 degrees separated from George W. Bush and I hate the man.
    Last edited by AuH20; 08-28-2013 at 11:04 PM.

please don't make me feel like i'm reading dailypaul jesus christ..

c'mon comments, don't make us all dumber by reading them. and how can your misreading of someone the first go around be the argument basis of his 'morphing position' or 'later change of mind'? this is brain numbingly stupid
    Last edited by jtstellar; 08-28-2013 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Pat Buchanan worked for Richard Nixon. Nuff said. Secondly, everybody would work for a presidential admin (including me) if you can get the work. It's a great resume builder. Critics are inventing attacks against Cruz when his record his stellar thus far. Here's a hint. Attack him on actual bad votes instead of some shadowy tree of associations. I'm probably 8 degrees separated from George W. Bush and I hate the man.
    Obama voted against the Iraq War. In 2005, Obama voted AGAINST the extension of the Patriot Act. See where "good votes" and bad associations got us.

Obama voted against the Iraq War. In 2005, Obama voted AGAINST the extension of the Patriot Act. See where "good votes" and bad associations got us.
    Cruz has been in office less than a year. Let's see him finish at least a half of his term before you nail him to the cross. Actions and deeds > who you worked for. We have lunatics who want to primary him. Lunatics will a capital 'L.'

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post
    In before someone absurdly states "look, see, Cruz is better than Rand on Syria!"
    "Absurdly" would be putting it lightly
    Pat Buchanan worked for Richard Nixon. Nuff said. Secondly, everybody would work for a presidential admin (including me) if you can get the work. It's a great resume builder. Critics are inventing attacks against Cruz when his record is very good thus far. Here's a hint. Attack him on actual bad votes instead of some shadowy tree of associations. I'm probably 8 degrees separated from George W. Bush and I hate the man.
    I have a problem with Cruz's hawkish rhetoric, including the statement in my sig.

This is the exact same thing he's been saying all along - that the chemical weapons in Syria, if allowed to remain there, pose a threat to the national security of the United States. He didn't mention in this interview that he favors taking steps to destroy or remove them, but he didn't deny it either. It's fine to disagree with his policy preference, but let's not act like he's being inconsistent or dishonest - he's not. He doesn't think bombing Syria to show our disapproval is a good idea, hence the "policeman" quote, but he does want us to intervene militarily for the sake of preventing chemical weapons from falling into the hands of terrorists.

Moving the dial little by little:

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/...foreign-policy

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Cruz has been in office less than a year. Let's see him finish at least a half of his term before you nail him to the cross. Actions and deeds > who you worked for. We have lunatics who want to primary him. Lunatics will a capital 'L.'
    That's fair. Where did I say to primary him? His statements on foreign intervention and his past associations make him suspect simply because history has shown that. Both our previous presidents have said great things but they did a 180 when they came into power. I'm sorry that this upsets your cheer leading of Ted Cruz but it still needs to be brought up.

That's fair. Where did I say to primary him? His statements on foreign intervention and his past associations make him suspect simply because history has shown that. Both our previous presidents have said great things but they did a 180 when they came into power. I'm sorry that this upsets your cheer leading of Ted Cruz but it still needs to be brought up.
    I didn't imply you but I've seen the suggestion. Secondly, I'm not cheerleading anyone. His voting record thus far stands by itself.

I didn't imply you but I've seen the suggestion. Secondly, I'm not cheerleading anyone. His voting record thus far stands by itself.
    Fair enough. Can't argue that. His voting record has been pretty good so far.

Fair enough. Can't argue that. His voting record has been pretty good so far.
    If he goes to the dark side, then he will be bashed and his associations will be questioned.

If he goes to the dark side, then he will be bashed and his associations will be questioned.
    That would be reasonable if it weren't for the fact that we as a country have been fooled twice already. If the media continues it's push of Ted Cruz, it might just happen for a 3rd time and we won't get to see his dark side before it's too late.

This is wonderful news. And, yes, let's not become the DailyPaul here...
    My website: iroots.org Looking for folks to help write about activism...
    "If you’re into political activism, at least for Ron Paul if not for anyone else, I strongly recommend spending some time with iroots.org."
    - Tom Woods

Quote Originally Posted by jtstellar View Post
    please don't make me feel like i'm reading dailypaul jesus christ..

c'mon comments, don't make us all dumber by reading them. and how can your misreading of someone the first go around be the argument basis of his 'morphing position' or 'later change of mind'? this is brain numbingly stupid
    I don't visit the daily paul but I don't see how that has anything to do with this. If you wanted to visit a forum where there are only praises of Ted Cruz and nothing else, maybe you should visit another site. From what I can see around here, NO ONE is above reproach, not even Ron Paul himself.

If tomorrow Ron Paul comes out and says the same thing Ted Cruz said and wants our government to go into Syria and "take out the chemical weapons." He would receive the same criticism that Ted Cruz receives. This is Ron Paul forums after all, dissent is welcome here.

I still don't trust Cruz. But I feel like he really stole Rand's line here.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Obama wasn't in the Senate when the Iraq War authorization was voted on.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    Right, speaking outta both sides of his arse....

The #1 chemical weapon national security problem for the United States is called Monsanto. Also the #1 biological weapon problem too.

That would be reasonable if it weren't for the fact that we as a country have been fooled twice already. If the media continues it's push of Ted Cruz, it might just happen for a 3rd time and we won't get to see his dark side before it's too late.
    Will agree with this statement.
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

I prefer to call them Fanatics, with a capital 'F'.

Although I prefer Rand, Ted Cruz is one of the greatest Senators in the history of the United States and would make an excellent President.

Quote Originally Posted by compromise View Post
    I prefer to call them Fanatics, with a capital 'F'.

Although I prefer Rand, Ted Cruz is one of the greatest Senators in the history of the United States and would make an excellent President.
    No he's not and no he wouldn't.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast