Thread: Home Remedies for Hemorrhoids – 6 Natural Treatments

Home Remedies for Hemorrhoids – 6 Natural Treatments

So a friend on the forum PM'd me telling me he's been suffering for years from hemorrhoids, something about hundreds of long hours sitting in F16s (I'll keep his username private) and he asked if I knew about any natural remedies to help with the discomfort and for prevention.

6 Home Remedies for Hemorrhoids

Apple Cider Vinegar – Using apple cider vinegar is one of the most popular natural treatments for hemorrhoids. Simply soak a cotton ball or some toilet paper with ACV and apply it to the hemorrhoid area. Repeat this process until the inflammation disappears and symptoms resolve. You should see improvement instantly. Alternatively, add some ACV (half a cup) to a sitz bath.

Rutin – A health-promoting compound found in numerous plants such as buckwheat, oranges, grapefruit, lemon, cranberries, and asparagus (to name a few), rutin is another home remedy often used for hemorrhoids. Buying it in supplement form may be the best option. One individual on Earthclinic says: “I have had a hemmroid for almost a year now. Just last week I started taking Rutin 500mg twice a day, in the morning and one before going to bed. … taking Rutin for only a week the inflammation has gone down and my hemmroid thankfully is almost gone, it’s less than a size of a pea today.”
    Coconut Oil - Apply coconut oil directly to hemorrhoids, rinse and repeat. In addition to symptoms subsiding, the hemorrhoids should disappear over the course of just a few days.

Witch Hazel - An astringent and healing tree, witch hazel is one of the oldest known natural remedies for hemorrhoids. Just soak a pad or cotton ball with witch hazel and apply it to the area.

Aloe Vera – As with the above treatments, simply apply aloe vera to the affected area to relieve symptoms.

Squat, Don’t Sit – This is actually heavily important and very overlooked. Conventional toilets are highly unnatural, and may be one reason hemorrhoids are rarely seen in less developed countries, where where squatting is done when going to the bathroom. Sitting down to pass a bowel movement puts tremendous strain on the rectum while squatting straightens the rectum and relaxes the puborectalis muscle. This is tip should be done along with any home remedies for hemorrhoids you may use.

Up Fiber Intake: Eat Plenty of Vegetables, Fruit - Seeing as hemorrhoids result from constipation and straining, it should be no surprise that upping fiber intake can help mend the issue. Fiber helps soften stools and is essential for colon health and digestive health as a whole. This nutrient helps to clean out the gastrointestinal system, preventing constipation and allowing the colon to work at greater levels of efficiency. Sources of fiber include: vegetables of all kinds, flax seeds, almonds, pecans, pistachios, prunes, pears, and beans. Include these foods in your diet while trying the other home remedies for hemorrhoids.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Or just go to any major airport and try to look suspicious...I'm sure the TSA has a free hemorrhoid removal procedure.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Or just go to any major airport and try to look suspicious...I'm sure the TSA has a free hemorrhoid removal procedure.
    I'll tell my friend that. He flies very often. Do you know if the Minneapolis - St. Paul International Airport TSA division has any experience with hemorrhoid removal?

7. Install a bidet or take a shower instead of wiping.

Thanks(I suppose?) to Jebuardo for inviting me to this thread. The only thing I have to add is to visit the "poopin' 2.0" thread for how to use a poop box on a modern toilet. IDK where that thread is now, but it gave me giggles a few years back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Fix our buttproblems Eduardo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Fix our buttproblems Eduardo.
    He seems to be an expert...
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Copper deficiency.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Thanks(I suppose?) to Jebuardo for inviting me to this thread. The only thing I have to add is to visit the "poopin' 2.0" thread for how to use a poop box on a modern toilet. IDK where that thread is now, but it gave me giggles a few years back.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-doin-it-wrong
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Just don't sit on the ice so much.....

Ohh... wait, that's for Polaroids.
    Last edited by Dr.3D; 08-28-2013 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Just don't sit on the ice so much.....

Ohh... wait, that's for Polaroids.
    but... ice IS another home remedy - probably less comfortable than coconut oil though
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Just added a new name to the No Fly List.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

My friend sent me a PM and he says he's very thankful to you all for your tips and suggestions.

He says he's going to speak with the Air Force and see if his chronic hemorrhoid qualify him for VA disability benefits. He's adamant that the cause of it all is the countless hours spent in an F16 cockpit.