Thread: DEA patch for Scouts

DEA patch for Scouts

Red Ribbon Patch Program
    Mission

The Red Ribbon Patch Program is designed to provide Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts the ability to earn a patch from the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) by performing anti-drug activities in commemoration of Red Ribbon Week. Furthermore, this initiative seeks to empower young people to create, embrace, and strengthen their drug free beliefs. DEA aims to award a Red Ribbon Patch and Certificate of Participation to the first 15,000 qualifying Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts....

Program Coordination

The Red Ribbon Patch Program is an unfunded initiative. The coordination of this initiative is led by DEA. The agency has dedicated in-kind resources to include program coordination, website development, website hosting, marketing, graphic design, and other resources as appropriate.

Only the first qualifying 15,000 Boy Scouts and Girls Scouts will be awarded a patch!

Guiding Principles
    • The Red Ribbon Patch Program initiative promotes the delivery of drug free messages by Boy Scouts and Girls Scouts within local communities.
    • The Red Ribbon Patch Program initiative incorporates, input and direct participation from drug prevention experts such as speakers and presenters, in local Red Ribbon campaigns.
    • The Red Ribbon Patch Program initiative inspires grassroots community outreach strategies to reduce the use and abuse of non-prescribed and illicit drugs among youth.
    • The Red Ribbon Patch Program initiative keeps the dangers of use and abuse of non-prescribed and illicit drugs prominent in the public.

More: http://www.justthinktwice.com/inside...h_program.html
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

As a former scout I've gotta say this sucks!

$#@! the DEA!

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    As a former scout I've gotta say this sucks!

$#@! the DEA!
    As a former scout, agreed.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

I am currently a registered leader. It will be interesting to see if anyone in my unit brings this up.
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

This is nothing more than an elaborate snitch program. It reminds me of the D.A.R.E. programs--which only introduce drugs into young people's lives and allow asset forfeiture on people--so authorities can steal all that you have.

I am a former girl scout and I really hate the way the scouts have aligned themselves with unconstitutional agencies and policies of our hijacked government.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by cjm View Post
    I am currently a registered leader. It will be interesting to see if anyone in my unit brings this up.
    Ya I'd stick to knots and camping and stuff.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I am a former girl scout and I really hate the way the scouts have aligned themselves with unconstitutional agencies and policies of our hijacked government.
    The Scouts are no different than any other organization in that their alignment will reflect the values of their members. This applies to the GOP, the Scouts, your local hiking club, etc. And as it has been said many times on this forum, freedom is not popular. If you created a valueless container organization and populated it with a random selection of people, you'd have a group that would "align themselves with unconstitutional agencies and policies..." This is why I believe it's not enough to work the political side of liberty activism. Liberty advocates should get involved with neighborhood associations, garden clubs, bowling teams, etc. Casual conversations are just as valuable as political speeches and letters to the editor.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Ya I'd stick to knots and camping and stuff.
    That's going to be my approach if it comes up. I don't think the self-ownership argument or unconstitutional agency argument would be effective for this audience. But, "hey, after school and sports, we don't have a lot of time to work on scouting. Since they get the anti-drug stuff in school, maybe we should work on the archery badge instead" should work.

H.L. Mencken

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.