Thread: America's Most Dangerous Jobs

America's Most Dangerous Jobs

h/t Becky Akers: http://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/...est-work-alas/

http://money.cnn.com/gallery/pf/jobs...obs/index.html

The ten most dangerous jobs in America
    (last year's fatalities per 100,000 workers)

Occupation
    Fatalities
    Loggers 127.8
    Fishermen 117
    Airplane Pilots 53.4
    Roofers 40.5
    Ironworkers 37
    Sanitation Workers 27.1
    Power Linesmen 23
    Truckers 22.1
    Farmers/Ranchers 21.3
    Construction Workers 17.4

Notice that all these jobs involve useful, productive & very important work.

Notice also that cops & soldiers did not make the cut ...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My job contains elements of several of these jobs...

The ten most dangerous jobs in America
    (last year's fatalities per 100,000 workers)

Occupation
    Fatalities
    Fishermen 117
    Roofers 40.5
    Sanitation Workers 27.1
    Truckers 22.1
    Farmers/Ranchers 21.3
    Construction Workers 17.4

(I'm a trapper, does that count?)
    (I have to climb on roofs all the time for bat, bird, and squirrel work.)
    (I remove fecal matter from attics and crawlspaces. Sounds like sanitation to me.)
    (I drive about 50,000 miles a year with a heavily loaded tool truck to get to my clients)
    (I deal with both domesticated and wild animals)
    (I fix houses so animals can't get in)

Not making cut cops & soldiers (I've done these too. Pretty dull jobs...)
    Last edited by Icymudpuppy; 08-23-2013 at 03:26 PM.
    CPT Jack. R. T.
    US Army Resigned - Iraq Vet.
    Level III MACP instructor, USYKA/WYKKO sensei
    Professional Hunter/Trapper/Country living survivalist.

I have done a few of those..
    And oddly enough Bodyman is not on the list. There are a hundred ways to $#@! yourself up every day.

You work with jagged, torn and bent metal. Tools include various cutters, welders, grinders. as well as hydraulic tools that pull and push with multiple tons of energy.
    You generally are bare handed (gloves get in the way)
    I have scars,, but still have all my fingers.

And in working in several different shops over the years,, I have never known any quality shop to piss test.

Several had regular "Safety Breaks". A dangerous work environment,, and a safe one at the same time.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Tried trucking for a few years. A freakin Chicago wind storm blew my whole rig over.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I have done a few of those..
    And oddly enough Bodyman is not on the list. There are a hundred ways to $#@! yourself up every day.

You work with jagged, torn and bent metal. Tools include various cutters, welders, grinders. as well as hydraulic tools that pull and push with multiple tons of energy.
    You generally are bare handed (gloves get in the way)
    I have scars,, but still have all my fingers.

And in working in several different shops over the years,, I have never known any quality shop to piss test.

Several had regular "Safety Breaks". A dangerous work environment,, and a safe one at the same time.
    Yeah. $#@!ing sheet metal. And rusted bolts. Not fun.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Never done "Ironwork" but have done quite a bit of welding. It's dangerous as the article suggests, but fun and rewarding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RPEphesians 6:12 (KJV)//I sell stuff here go buy nao!

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    Yeah. $#@!ing sheet metal. And rusted bolts. Not fun.
    A hundred ways,,every day. Just not blowing yourself up is a constant.

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You can make serious money if you fish the right areas...of course, those are the most dangerous.
    Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives. -James Madison

I think that is the second time I have seen Fishermen not top the list in the 40+ years I was one.

The other time it was also loggers who beat us.
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

Im not usually one to jump on the anti-abortion soapbox.... but these numbers jumped out at me, and I had to do a little research: http://www.abort73.com/abortion/abortion_and_race/

According to the numbers, being fetus in your mother's womb is more than 10 times as dangerous than being a logger. (138 abortions per 1,000 births). And being a black fetus is about 40 times as dangerous (501 abortions per 1000 births). This is pretty mind boggling to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Qdog View Post
    Im not usually one to jump on the anti-abortion soapbox.... but these numbers jumped out at me, and I had to do a little research: http://www.abort73.com/abortion/abortion_and_race/

According to the numbers, being fetus in your mother's womb is more than 10 times as dangerous than being a logger. (138 abortions per 1,000 births). And being a black fetus is about 40 times as dangerous (501 abortions per 1000 births). This is pretty mind boggling to me.
    Is being a fetus a job?

I'm always surprise mob hitman never makes the list.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Drudge is a traitor to the Leader and the Revolution.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Should those that work these 10 professions demand bullet-proof vests and armored vehicles since the cops and military get them even though they don't face as much danger?

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    Should those that work these 10 professions demand bullet-proof vests and armored vehicles since the cops and military get them even though they don't face as much danger?
    I think I can speak for those in the Fishing Industry and say to OSHA,please,please continue ignoring our industry.We don't want your "help".We already get too much "help" from the Coast Guard.
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by mad cow View Post
    I think I can speak for those in the Fishing Industry and say to OSHA,please,please continue ignoring our industry.We don't want your "help".We already get too much "help" from the Coast Guard.
    Yeah good point. It's still worth rubbing in the face of the uniform/badge worshipers when they cry about how dangerous the mercenaries' jobs are.

Where does international investment banker fit in? I don't want to be in a dangerous career...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by eduardo89 View Post
    Where does international investment banker fit in? I don't want to be in a dangerous career...
    That would depend on the strength of the fiat money in the country you were a banker in over the next 40 years or so,or however long your career might last.

I think that there is a fair chance,in a few countries,that a few of them won't be hanged from lampposts in the coming decades.

Quote Originally Posted by mad cow View Post
    Thankfully (perhaps), this was adjudicated in a trial a few years back.

If it is a "vessel" of any kind, USCG has regulatory authority, not OSHA.

Problem now is all commercial vessels are being dragged into IMO compliance, which is ten times worse.

It will find its way to fishing vessels in the next ten years or so.