During August, I have been participating in events across Kentucky, meeting with constituents and discussing issues affecting Kentuckians. Here is an update on my visits:

Dr. Paul and Rep. Yarmuth Host Golf Tournament Benefiting Helping A Hero
On Monday, Rep. John Yarmuth (D-Ky.) joined me in hosting a golf tournament in Louisville that benefited Helping a Hero, an organization that builds specially adapted homes for severely wounded veterans. Several veterans played in the tournament, which was called the "Odd Couple Challenge" and held at Valhalla Golf Club. I'd like to thank the Louisville community and the many businesses and individuals who helped to make this event a great success.
Helping a Hero has built two homes in Kentucky for wounded veterans and their families:

• Sgt. J.D. Williams was on his second tour of Afghanistan on Oct. 9, 2010, when he stepped on an IED. The injury left him a triple amputee; he lost both legs and an arm. Helping a Hero joined with local builders Bennie Jones and Larkin Ritter to build J.D., his wife Ashlee and their daughter Kaelyn a new home just outside of Bowling Green, Ky.
  • Cpl. Matt Bradford was on his second tour of Iraq on Jan. 18, 2007, when he stepped on an IED. The injury left him a double amputee and completely blind. Helping a Hero teamed with local builders Peterson Homes to build Matt, his wife Amanda, and their three children a new home in Nicholasville, Ky.

My wife, Kelley, serves on the advisory board of Helping a Hero. More information on Helping a Hero can be found at HelpingAHero.org.

(Dr. Paul and Sgt. Josh Yarbrough at Helping a Hero Golf Tournament - Aug. 19, 2013)

Dr. Paul and Sen. McConnell Speak to Staff at TriStar Greenview Regional Hospital in Bowling Green
On Tuesday, Sen. Mitch McConnell and I visited TriStar Greenview Regional Hospital in Bowling Green to speak with their leadership team and staff. We discussed the negative impact of the president's health care law, as well as other health care issues.
Click HERE for a story from the Bowling Green Daily News on our visit to the hospital and other events that day.

Speech to the Scottsville-Allen County Chamber of Commerce
Also on Tuesday, Sen. McConnell and I spoke to the Scottsville-Allen County Chamber of Commerce located at the Center for Courageous Kids. Thank you to the local chamber President Richie Sanders and the Center for Courageous Kids for putting this meeting together. Click HERE to read more about the Center for Courageous Kids Camp.
Click HERE for the online edition of the Citizen-Times, which reported on our visit.

(Dr. Paul speaks to the Scottsville-Allen County Chamber of Commerce at the Center for Courageous Kid - Aug. 20, 2013)

Visit to Felker Brothers in Glasgow

On Tuesday we also visited Felker Brothers, a manufacturing company in Glasgow.
Click HERE for pictures and coverage of our visit in the Glasgow Daily Times.

(Dr. Paul visits with the employees at Felker Brothers in Glasgow - Aug. 20, 2013)

Dr. Paul and Sen. McConnell Speak to Hart County Chamber of Commerce and Hart County Industrial Authority
The final stop on Tuesday was in Munfordville, where Sen. McConnell and I spoke to the Hart County Chamber of Commerce and Hart County Industrial Authority.

(Dr. Paul speaks to the Hart County Chamber of Commerce and Hart County Industrial Authority - Aug. 20, 2013)

Speech to Rotary Club of Paducah
On Wednesday, I spoke to the Rotary Club of Paducah. I talked about the national debt and Washington's out-of-control spending.
Click HERE for a story from the Paducah Sun about my speech.

Dr. Paul Performs Pro-Bono Eye Surgeries in Paducah
While in Paducah this week, I performed four pro-bono eye surgeries. I teamed-up with friend and collegue Dr. Barbara Bowers for the cataract procedures, which were done at Paducah Pain Management and Ambulatory Surgery Center. Click HERE for a story in Townhall regarding the eye surgeries.
Click HERE for pictures of the eye surgeries from National Review.

(Dr. Paul performs pro-bono eye surgeries in Paducah - Aug. 21, 2013)

(Dr. Paul and Dr. Barbara Bowers teamed up to perform pro bono eye surgeries in Paducah - Aug. 21. 2013)

Dr. Paul Speaks at 50th Annual Kentucky Country Ham Breakfast
On Thursday, I spoke in front of 1600 fellow Kentuckians at the 50th Annual Kentucky Country Ham Breakfast at the State Fair in Louisville. I talked about the need to stop the president's health care law and ending aid to Egypt, among other topics.
Click HERE for video of my speech from the Louisville Courier-Journal.

Dr. Paul Participates in Round Table Discussion on Charter Schools in Louisville
Also on Thursday, I joined parents, students and community leaders for a round table discussion on charter schools.
Click HERE for a story in the Huffington Post on my interest in charter schools.

(Dr. Paul participates in round table discussion on charter schools - Aug. 22, 2013)

Dr. Paul Speaks to Faculty and Students at University of Louisville Medical School

(Dr. Paul speaks to faculty and students at University of Louisville Medical School - Aug. 22, 2013)

Media Wrap-Up
This past week, I appeared on Fox News Sunday with John Roberts. I also spoke with several radio stations across the country, as well as stations in Kentucky including Jerry Stephenson of WLLV. I also penned an op-ed in the Washington Times.