Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 53

Thread: Jack Daniels Whiskey Expanding Their Facility

  1. #1

    Jack Daniels Whiskey Expanding Their Facility

    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    How is a company organically expanding the sign of a bad economy?

  4. #3
    They are going to have to people in denial need to drink! Alcohol sales are soaring!
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by lib3rtarian View Post
    How is a company organically expanding the sign of a bad economy?
    Have you ever read 1984?
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Have you ever read 1984?
    No. What does 1984 have to do with this?

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by lib3rtarian View Post
    No. What does 1984 have to do with this?
    One of the ways that the government kept the people down was to ensure that the alcohol was free flowing.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by lib3rtarian View Post
    How is a company organically expanding the sign of a bad economy?
    Alcohol + Gambling typically do pretty well during depressions/recessions. People need something to take their focus off of how $#@!ty everything is.

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by lib3rtarian View Post
    How is a company organically expanding the sign of a bad economy?
    I'm not saying it's the same thing, but how do you think the economy is doing when Ramen noodles production is way up? Your line of reasoning isn't correct.



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    It's also really good $#@!.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  12. #10
    When we visited the distillery about 5 years ago we were surprised how small it was.

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    When we visited the distillery about 5 years ago we were surprised how small it was.
    Were you suprised it is a dry County ?

  14. #12
    I think they would have planned to expand some time ago until the nutjob locals started talking about increasing tax on them ....

  15. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Were you suprised it is a dry County ?
    Yep that is crazy but we have some neighboring dry counties here in TX too.

    We were able to buy a collectors edition bottle of whiskey at the distillery. They said it was only recently that they could legally sell there on the site.

  16. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    Yep that is crazy but we have some neighboring dry counties here in TX too.

    We were able to buy a collectors edition bottle of whiskey at the distillery. They said it was only recently that they could legally sell there on the site.
    I remember having a customer near there once years and years ago , guy I took over for gave me his collection of state maps , he had every dry county marked in every State so as to not spend the night .I used to go to Mammoth Cave once every summer ea yr until I had gone though all of it open to the public . You had to go down the Hwy about 15 minutes after you left to the next county to pick up some cold beer for a hot July day .LOL , my Gal was impressed that I knew exactly where the closest store in a " wet " County was .

  17. #15
    If J.D. was a bottom shelf liquor this assessment might make some sense. It's not.

  18. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    If J.D. was a bottom shelf liquor this assessment might make some sense. It's not.
    Well , I am sure Beam's Old Crow sales are doing well ( since 1835 )



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    Twain was an Old Crow drinker, three yrs of aging not quite enough for me , I go with the 6 yrold 100 proof Old Grand Dad .Or just moonshine , wine or beer.LOL

  21. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    If J.D. was a bottom shelf liquor this assessment might make some sense. It's not.
    It's not? I don't know anything about whiskey because I rarely drink it. I see JD all over the place so I just assumed it wasn't that high end. Of course I am typing this 50 miles from their distillery.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

  22. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    It's not? I don't know anything about whiskey because I rarely drink it. I see JD all over the place so I just assumed it wasn't that high end. Of course I am typing this 50 miles from their distillery.
    As a bartender (ex) I can assure you J.D. is not bottom shelf.

  23. #20
    JD is one of the best whiskeys you can get. IMO the reason is that, even though they are owned by a huge conglomerate like most brands, they are left to their own in crafting their product; unlike most brands.

  24. #21
    Actually, JD is kind of pricey considering everything....

  25. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    Yep that is crazy but we have some neighboring dry counties here in TX too.

    We were able to buy a collectors edition bottle of whiskey at the distillery. They said it was only recently that they could legally sell there on the site.
    I reckon you got the No 7 then ?

  26. #23
    I rarely buy it , but just get the green label if you can find it, which I prefer, it is what is determined to be not as good by the tasters but I like it better.Go figure

  27. #24
    I like my Jim Beam.
    "The Patriarch"



  28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  29. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    I like my Jim Beam.
    I like it too , but would take my 100 proof Old Grand Dad first.

  30. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I reckon you got the No 7 then ?
    Yep. It was. It was a "Scenes from Lynchburg" edition.

    I took a picture of the (empty) bottle for you.


  31. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I rarely buy it , but just get the green label if you can find it, which I prefer, it is what is determined to be not as good by the tasters but I like it better.Go figure
    J.D. is a "middle-shelf." I'm a solid Maker's Mark man. God tastin' whiskey there. My point is that JD is an established/marketed brand. An expansion simply means that marketing is bearing fruit with people tat want more than rot gut.

  32. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I like it too , but would take my 100 proof Old Grand Dad first.
    Old Grand Dad has put me in the hoosgow a couple of times.
    "The Patriarch"

  33. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    J.D. is a "middle-shelf." I'm a solid Maker's Mark man. God tastin' whiskey there. My point is that JD is an established/marketed brand. An expansion simply means that marketing is bearing fruit with people tat want more than rot gut.
    I tried the MM, I have to say I don't see the justification for teh price.
    "The Patriarch"

  34. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Old Grand Dad has put me in the hoosgow a couple of times.

    I'm with you on giving a major "nope" to grand dad.

    Honestly. the better the hootch the better the morning. Buy quality. If it must be cut then cut it with water.

    Tomorrow with the right precautions shouldn't hurt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Irish Whiskey?
    By green73 in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 05-07-2014, 07:10 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-29-2013, 08:23 PM
  3. Do you like whiskey? Try this!
    By Matt Collins in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-16-2011, 08:24 PM
  4. BRILLIANT! Scotch Whiskey.....in a can!
    By amy31416 in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 01-19-2011, 06:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •