Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Verses That Destroy Arminianism

Verses That Disprove Arminianism

This will be an ongoing thread. Contribute of you want to.

1st Corinthians 1:28-30

God chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are,*so that no one may boast before him.*It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus,*who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness,*holiness*and redemption.* Therefore, as it is written: “Let the one who boasts boast in the Lord.”
    God chooses.

It is "because of Him" that a Christian is in Christ.

No one can boast in his own will in choosing. Salvation is all of God.
    Last edited by Sola_Fide; 08-20-2013 at 04:38 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hello Sola_Fide. Care to answer the question of whether Hosea was an adulterer? Or are you still in hiding over that thread?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Romans 9:14-16

“I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.”

*It does not, therefore, depend on human desire or effort, but on God’s mercy.
    Salvation does not depend on man's desire or effort, but God's mercy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Salvation does not depend on man's desire or effort, but God's mercy.
    The book of Hosea is written by a man doomed to hell (according to Sola_Fide).

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Do as you will, but I find threads about "destroying" others generally unproductive and unpersuasive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

sola-fide, can you straighten this out for me.

(I am assuming that you are one such soul that god chose...Or rather that you believe this to be the case?)

How did you come to your faith? Did you make any choices along the way? Do you not feel a little...disingenuous? proud? vindicated? to now look at other people and think, "Well god wants me at his feet and them in hell?"

When you look at a happy dog, do you imagine that this is how it feels when looking at the shelter dogs?

John 10:26 I think illustrates it pretty well.

"But you do not believe because you are not of My sheep. "

Jesus doesn't say that they can become his sheep if they would believe, he tells them that they are not his sheep, and for this reason they do not believe.

I think this verse pretty much destroys many arminians claim that everyone just has a "free choice" to accept Jesus and there is no predestination etc

John 1:12-13

Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.
    The ones who believe are born, not of human decision, but of God.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by matt0611 View Post

Jesus doesn't say that they can become his sheep if they would believe, he tells them that they are not his sheep, and for this reason they do not believe.

I think this verse pretty much destroys many arminians claim that everyone just has a "free choice" to accept Jesus and there is no predestination etc
    Absolutely.

"You do not believe because you are not my sheep". Can't get any clearer than that.

God controls the will:

The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will.

(Prov. 21:1).

Quote Originally Posted by matt0611 View Post

John is not a synoptic gospel, so take it with a grain of salt.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

(James 1:18)
    It is because of God's will, not man's, that He begat us.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    .....WHAT?

Ephesians 1:3-5

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will— to the praise of his glorious grace,
    God chose His elect before the creation of the world.

.....WHAT?
    Allow me to educate you a bit on the Synoptic vs apochryphal gospels:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synoptic_Gospels

ETA: Do you ever take into account the context and intended audience of the gospels, or do you always just read into it what you want?
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 08-19-2013 at 02:38 PM.

You seriously have an Arminianism fetish. Honestly, who cares about Calvinism and Arminianism? They're both minority fringes within Christianity.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    God chose His elect before the creation of the world.
    So he also chose the "Un-elect" before creating them? That sucks.

This will be an ongoing thread. Contribute of you want to.
    How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?

Last edited by pcosmar; 08-19-2013 at 02:53 PM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by eduardo89 View Post
    You seriously have an Arminianism fetish. Honestly, who cares about Calvinism and Arminianism? They're both minority fringes within Christianity.
    Trolls gonna troll?

John 6:61-64

Aware that his disciples were grumbling about this, Jesus said to them,*“Does this offend you? Then what if you see the Son of Man ascend to where he was before!

The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing.

The words I have spoken to you—they are full of the Spirit and life. Yet there are some of you who do not believe.”

For Jesus had known from the beginning which of them did not believe and who would betray him. He went on to say, "This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled them.”
    The Spirit gives life, the flesh counts for nothing.

Jesus said "no one can come to Me unless the Father has enabled him". Jesus taught predestination and election.

Since your apostate church endorses Jesuit/Arminian arguments, this thread is for you as well.

if the flesh counts for nothing then why does the spirit get punished if you stick it in the wrong hole though?

Since your apostate church endorses Jesuit/Arminian arguments, this thread is for you as well.
    Catholicism does not teach Armininianism. The Church fully believes and teaches predestination.

Catholics believe that all of the predestined will be justified, but not all of the justified are numbered among those who are predestined. That's because not all of the justified persevere to the end, as taught by Scripture (John 15:2, 6, 1 Timothy 1:19-20, Hebrews 6, 10:26-29). Since the Bible teaches that the predestined are assured glorification (Romans 8:29-30, John 10:28-29), then all those who lose lose their justification and die in that state cannot be numbered among the predestined. They were truly justified but were not numbered among the predestined. This is what is taught by the Bible, taught by Saint Augustine, and taught by the Catholic Church for nearly 2000 years. This was also taught by Martin Luther.

Why does not being a synoptic gospel entail that?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I didn't know that there would be so many Calvinists here! The only ones I know IRL go to my church. Glad to see it!

Ephesians 1:3, 4

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: according as he has chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

God chose His elect before the foundation of the world.

Peter 1:2

"Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.”
    Elect according to the foreknowledge of the Father. "Foreknowledge" describes a relationship of love that God has with His people. To "know" someone in biblical language is a term of intimacy. God knew and loved His people before the creation of the world.

This verse is also a prooftext for the Trinity. Father, Son, and Spirit are all 3 described here in their roles of redemption.

Quote Originally Posted by Tywysog Cymru View Post
    I didn't know that there would be so many Calvinists here! The only ones I know IRL go to my church. Glad to see it!
    There is some truth in Calvinism. But some take it to extremes. There is also truth to Arminianism.

I believe there is a Balance within the Book. I don't see them as contradictory, but rather complementary.

As with much,, it can be overemphasized to the point of distraction and error.

There is truth in the Faith Message,, but folks tend to go overboard with it.
    Even Snake handlers are scriptural based,, but go on to excess and error.

I try to find balance,
    Last edited by pcosmar; 09-30-2013 at 02:37 PM. Reason: -g-
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

.....WHAT?
    I think he's using secular reasoning. Most secular scholars don't believe Jesus said the things he said in John, since he preached in a different style than the Synoptic Gospels.

Of course, to me that just means Jesus preached in a different style under different circumstances.

Except that the Bible teaches the Calvinistic view.

LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Tywysog Cymru View Post
    I was surprised as well. I wondered if I might be the most radical here when I first joined. Sola_Fide quickly put that to rest.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Trolls gonna troll?
    SF is following his predictable pattern. Having totally been beaten down in other threads that prove his false ideas false, he decides to start fresh. It's funny that they only way he can "destroy Arminianism" is to ignore the plain reading of all of the verses that support Arminianism. Proper theology is not arrived at by only selecting and analysing the verses in the Bible that seem to agree with you. Calvin himself gave commentary over the entire Bible, and when he read verses that disagreed with his position he, at times, interpreted them as they were actually written. That is something that Sola_Fide and others like him are afraid to do.

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast