Thread: Why the End of QE Doesn't Mean the End of the Bull Market in Gold & Silver

Why the End of QE Doesn't Mean the End of the Bull Market in Gold & Silver

The traditional thinking is that QE helps gold and silver and that stopping QE would strengthen the dollar and further weaken gold and silver.
    This post concludes the opposite:

“The United States can pay any debt it has because it can always print money to do that.” Former Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan responding to a question as to whether United States Treasuries were safe to invest in.

From a (kinda) Gold Standard to Petro Dollars to the Printing Press

Since the end of World War II the United States dollar has traditionally been a strong currency in relation to other currencies. The Bretton Woods Agreement of 1944 established, among other things, that the United States dollar would be the world’s reserve currency. According to this agreement the dollar could be exchanged by other countries’ central banks into gold upon request. This “gold standard” coupled with the United States’ preeminent military and economic position, gave the world confidence that the dollar was as good as gold.

By the late 1960′s after a decade of massive U.S. spending relating to: the space race (resulting in landing a man on the moon in 1969); the cold war with Russian; the Vietnam War and; new and expanding social welfare programs associated with Lyndon Johnson’s Great Society it became clear that the United States was spending far in excess of any gold reserves it might have to back the dollar.

France’s President Charles DeGaulle recognized the potential and actual monetary abuse by the United States under the Bretton Woods agreement:

http://smaulgld.com/why-the-end-of-q...or-the-dollar/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It is possible the "gold bull market" may have already peaked in 2011. Despite the continuance of QE.

http://www.goldseek.com/quotes/chart...rgoldchart.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    It is possible the "gold bull market" may have already peaked in 2011. Despite the continuance of QE.

http://www.goldseek.com/quotes/chart...rgoldchart.php
    I would like to have a bit of that $707

the thesis of the post is that the fed is supporting treasuries AND the dollar via QE-why after all has the dollar help up even with successive and larger rounds of QE?

Gold and Silver are about to explode. If you didn't load up earlier this summer you'll regret it.
    It's just an opinion... man...

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneButPaul View Post
    Gold and Silver are about to explode. If you didn't load up earlier this summer you'll regret it.
    agree both are going higher unless the government slashes spending and the Fed jacks up rates- not going to happen

Quote Originally Posted by Smaulgld View Post
    agree both are going higher unless the government slashes spending and the Fed jacks up rates- not going to happen
    Well , everyone knows the govt will not slash spending.

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneButPaul View Post
    If I buy gold today, will you guarante my profits in the future?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    When will the fed decide on if they will end QE3? September?
    Last edited by westkyle; 08-19-2013 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by westkyle View Post
    When will the fed decide on if they will end QE3? September?
    Nope , just my guess , nothing this year, no need to have the markets dump before Christmas and lose the only economic steam left in 2013.

I'll believe the Fed is going to end QE when I see it. Meanwhile, keep watching the 10Y (interest rates).