Thread: All Libertarians are evil anarchist drug dealers (get ready for this label) !

All Libertarians are evil anarchist drug dealers (get ready for this label) !

Did you hear about the "Dread Pirate Roberts" ?
    he is some guy who sells drugs online through some site using Tor.

Meet The Dread Pirate Roberts, The Man Behind Booming Black Market Drug Website Silk Road

All my communications with Roberts are routed exclusively through the messaging system and forums of the website he owns and manages, the Silk Road. Accessing the site requires running the anonymity software Tor, which encrypts Web traffic and triple-bounces it among thousands of computers around the world.
    If Roberts is paranoid, it’s because very powerful people really are out to get him. In the last two and a half years Silk Road has grown into the Web’s busiest bazaar for heroin, methamphetamines, crack, cocaine, LSD, ecstasy and enough strains of marijuana to put an Amsterdam coffee shop to shame.

By the measure of Carnegie Mellon researcher Nicolas Christin, Roberts’ eBay-like service was grossing $1.2 million a month in the first half of 2012. Since then the site has doubled its product listings, and revenue now hits an annual run-rate of $30 million to $45 million by FORBES’ estimate.

Roberts also has a political agenda: He sees himself not just as an enabler of street-corner pushers but also as a radical libertarian revolutionary carving out an anarchic digital space beyond the reach of the taxation and regulatory powers of the state–Julian Assange with a hypodermic needle. “We can’t stay silent forever. We have an important message, and the time is ripe for the world to hear it,” says Roberts. “What we’re doing isn’t about scoring drugs or ‘sticking it to the man.’ It’s about standing up for our rights as human beings and refusing to submit when we’ve done no wrong.”
    Do you smell a rat ? I do...and its a big one !
    Ron Paul 2012: Liberty, Peace and Prosperity for America !

Ron Paul: Predictions of 24 April 2002 - see how many came true
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGDisyWkIBM

Vote On Principles, Defend Our Constitution, Follow the Path shown by the Founders !

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sounds like a free market capitalism to me.

There is someone that used that name on twitter that I follow but it isn't his @ username.

The Source:

Meet The Dread Pirate Roberts, The Man Behind Booming Black Market Drug Website Silk Road
    This story appears in the September 2, 2013 issue of Forbes.

Forbes.com
    Aug. 14, 2013
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

Only about half a percent of bitcoin transactions are for drugs:
    http://beforeitsnews.com/financial-m...s-2592076.html

Bitcoinstore.com on the other hand passes on the transactional and inflation savings of bitcoin to customers, selling most electronics for less than Amazon and most major retailers.

Quote Originally Posted by J_White View Post
    Did you hear about the "Dread Pirate Roberts" ?
    he is some guy who sells drugs online through some site using Tor.
    Yes, I've heard about Roberts, Silk Road and Tor.
    They've all been around for a while now.

Do you smell a rat?
    No, I don't.

I'm also not seeing the words "all" and "evil" being appied to libertarians (or even "anarchist drug dealers"), either ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by FrankRep View Post
    The Source:

This story appears in the September 2, 2013 issue of Forbes.

Forbes.com
    Aug. 14, 2013
    Sponsored in part by the DEA and protected by (redacted for National Security).
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

i just remembered I had posted this thread and they caught him few weeks back.
    good thing is they are not calling all Libertarians "online black market drug dealers".....yet
    Ron Paul 2012: Liberty, Peace and Prosperity for America !

Ron Paul: Predictions of 24 April 2002 - see how many came true
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGDisyWkIBM

Vote On Principles, Defend Our Constitution, Follow the Path shown by the Founders !

Wait til libertarians become a real threat like the tea party. Then we'll all be racists.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    good thing is they are not calling all Libertarians "online black market drug dealers".....yet
    Well, I sell things online from time to time. When people ask me about it I respond pretty generally and vaguely without going into too much detail about my products in order to shield myself from competition. I've actually had many people ask me straight up if I'm selling drugs. I tell them no, a magician never reveals his tricks, and my products don't depend on a local market so I don't need to speak openly about my business to people I meet because the risk outweighs the rewards. It's really not worth my time to make money from them on an individual basis because my margins are so low, and I don't want loose lips to sink ships. The IRS, NSA, and my banks already know all they need to know and that's already too many people as it is.

If I'm out at a bar and start talking about my business while imbibing brews then you better believe I'll start saying things that could spring up competition in the future when that person talks to his internet-savvy friends about my business.

Whenever I tell people directly about the steps I take A to Z they generally don't understand anyway, so what's the point?

Now I just say I'm a computer programmer and website developer who works for himself. This is easier to understand for most people and then often they ask me if I can do a contracting project for them which can lead to good things for me and the person I'm talking to. I think I'll have to print out a business card with something to this effect to drive the point home and maybe do some collaborative consulting projects.

If people can't put you in a box that they immediately recognize, they get confused and wont trust you. This is one of the interesting things I've learned about people over the past year.

They're already going out of their way to point out that Dread Pirate Roberts is a fan of Austrian economics & the Mises Institute: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ts-a-shout-out
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Dread Pirate Roberts is a hero. Anyone who would associate me with him might think they were insulting me, but I'd actually be flattered.
    "When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system's game. The establishment will irritate you - pull your beard, flick your face - to make you fight, because once they've got you violent then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don't know how to handle is non-violence and humor. "

---John Lennon

"I EAT NEOCONS FOR BREAKFAST!!!"

---Me

Widgits are evil donchaknow -but those widgits over there aren't. And the widget users...?

It's morality determined by things. How goofy is that? lol
    Last edited by bunklocoempire; 10-24-2013 at 12:20 PM.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE