Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Rand meets Levin, Hannity & Malkin

Quote Originally Posted by CaptLouAlbano View Post
    Apparently Rand doesn't feel the same way you do, since he just recommended the book to his 1.1 million Facebook followers.
    *sitting on my hands...not gonna type it....nope*

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    The fact is, having these three pundits in your corner or at least neutral will be a major step up from the lack of media allies lined up behind Ron back then. People can be disgusted and rate this thread down all they want but it's time to drop the emotional nonsense and realize that logic tells us that these media hacks in our corner will be helpful. Thx to Rand for repackaging the message for mainstream consumption and it makes my coalition building easier in my circles of associates.
    Agreed 100%. Some people are moving forward and some are stuck in neutral.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    My sentiments exactly. And where is anaconda with the no-Levin challenge??
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...evin-Challenge

Some days this place looks more like RedState than Ron Paul Forums.
    We're going to ruthlessly attack someone because they don't worship Ron Paul? I think what Ron Paul has done over the years is fairly remarkable, but he's not for everybody. Different frequencies sometimes work.
    Last edited by AuH20; 08-13-2013 at 11:15 AM.

*sitting on my hands...not gonna type it....nope*
    But yet you felt the need to type that

Some days this place looks more like RedState than Ron Paul Forums.
    That's better than being over at the Daily Paul, which often times looks more like the Daily Kos than a Ron Paul website.

Bernanke is Mark Levin?...wtf?...

Thanks. A good segment to remember. An example of that blind spot. A willfully ignorant, no holds barred, blind rage, attack. And he intentionally twisted the point about "Bush being gleeful." Ron clearly said neo-conservatives in the Bush Administration. That was not about Bush himself, that was a direct reference to neo-conservatives such as Wolfowitz calling for an invasion of Iraq hours after the 9/11 attacks. That was an insider revelation, not something Ron made up.

For additional irony, Levin has contradicted himself since that segment. In that segment he says "America is not the Soviet Union!" Now he has been saying exactly that, that the Soviet Union is now alive in America. So in reality, the fact is that we (and Ron) were years ahead of Levin.

Levin has been playing catch-up for years, and would like to claim the majority of Ron Paul's platform for himself. Will Levin start talking about the concept of blow-back? Wouldn't be surprising.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Levin does actually talk about the Fed sometimes which is more than the others even do.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Thanks. A good segment to remember. An example of that blind spot. A willfully ignorant, no holds barred, blind rage, attack. And he intentionally twisted the point about "Bush being gleeful." Ron clearly said neo-conservatives in the Bush Administration. That was not about Bush himself, that was a direct reference to neo-conservatives such as Wolfowitz calling for an invasion of Iraq hours after the 9/11 attacks. That was an insider revelation, not something Ron made up.

For additional irony, Levin has contradicted himself since that segment. In that segment he says "America is not the Soviet Union!" Now he has been saying exactly that, that the Soviet Union is now alive in America. So in reality, the fact is that we (and Ron) were years ahead of Levin.

Levin has been playing catch-up for years, and would like to claim the majority of Ron Paul's platform for himself. Will Levin start talking about the concept of blow-back? Wouldn't be surprising.

He talks about Ted Cruz on his show all the time too...I specifically forced myself to listen to more than my usual 2 minutes and all I heard was Ted.
    Last edited by Carlybee; 08-13-2013 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    That's better than being over at the Daily Paul, which often times looks more like the Daily Kos than a Ron Paul website.
    Thats not quite true.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

BTW I hate all forms of internet factionalism. I abhor some of the factionalism that takes place on Redstate and Hot Air. I have gotten in a few heated arguments over there. I despise the factionalism that occurs both here and the Daily Paul. We have people across blogosphere and bulletin board world fighting over so many petty things instead of actually sitting down and building on their commonalities. Neocon or Neo-isolationist. Spare me the nonsense. It's the lowest common denominator.
    Last edited by AuH20; 08-13-2013 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    BTW I hate all forms of internet factionalism. I abhior some of the factionalism that takes place on Redstate and Hot Air. I have gotten in a few heated arguments over there. I despise the factionalism that occurs both here and the Daily Paul. We have people across blo
    gosphere and bulletin board world fighting over so many petty things instead of actually sitting down and building on their commonalities.
    Some of the things Hannity and Levin did to hurt the liberty movement were not petty..I'm talking about the real liberty movement, not the faux coopted one.

Agreed. Just because someone supports the state of Israel doesn't necessarily degrade their ideas. I'm not a fan of either Israel or Palestine and will still read works from their proponents (Ron Paul who is a Palestine supporter).
    It's not about whether HE supports Israel. It is the fact that he wants to send our young men and women to die for HIS beliefs; in addition to sticking his hand in my pocket to support it. However, I take no issue if he wants to open his own bank account and send it to anywhere he chooses. He also can travel to Israel himself and strap on a bomb, for all I care.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Some of the things Hannity and Levin did to hurt the liberty movement were not petty..I'm talking about the real liberty movement, not the faux coopted one.
    Oh, please. Nothing has been co-opted. Unless you believe Ron is a liar.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Ughhh
    If Hannity and Levin were just regular Republican talk radio hosts, I might sympathize with LE saying "You've just got to do this stuff."

I don't know about Hannity, but I know Levin has spent a LOT of time attacking Ron Paul.

For Rand to criticize him is to spit in his dad's face.

Yes, I understand why he did it, and I know Ron isn't going to take this the way I did, but still...

If it were just their questionable conservative records, I can understand it. Heck, much as I don't exactly like Hannity or Levin, I do sometimes agree with them.

Its the personal attacks on Ron Paul that make me think that his son should DEFINITELY not be complimenting them...
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Oh, please. Nothing has been co-opted. Unless you believe Ron is a liar.
    Oh you're right LE...Levin, Beck et al are just all about liberty...Rush too. And I don't recall Ron giving them kudos or holding them up as bastions of liberty. Maybe we should change the name of this place to "Pseudo-Liberty Forest" if we are going to start kowtowing on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    If Hannity and Levin were just regular Republican talk radio hosts, I might sympathize with LE saying "You've just got to do this stuff."

I don't know about Hannity, but I know Levin has spent a LOT of time attacking Ron Paul.

For Rand to criticize him is to spit in his dad's face.

Yes, I understand why he did it, and I know Ron isn't going to take this the way I did, but still...

If it were just their questionable conservative records, I can understand it. Heck, much as I don't exactly like Hannity or Levin, I do sometimes agree with them.

Its the personal attacks on Ron Paul that make me think that his son should DEFINITELY not be complimenting them...
    Remember CHESS; not checkers.

Ron's goal is to win the WAR. You are still trying to fight one of the battles that was already lost.
    ================

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    What's wrong with the Daily Paul? (Honest ignorance, I've only been on there once or twice, and never registered.)

Agreed. Just because someone supports the state of Israel doesn't necessarily degrade their ideas. I'm not a fan of either Israel or Palestine and will still read works from their proponents (Ron Paul who is a Palestine supporter).
    Ron's statements on Palestine used to make me flinch a little, but once I've looked at it more, I mostly agree with him.

At the same time, I really don't care, its none of America's business, exc.

Mark Levin supporting Israel isn't really a problem. What I do have a problem with is his pretending that people like Ron Paul actually hate Israel when we don't.

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    The fact is, having these three pundits in your corner or at least neutral will be a major step up from the lack of media allies lined up behind Ron back then. People can be disgusted and rate this thread down all they want but it's time to drop the emotional nonsense and realize that logic tells us that these media hacks in our corner will be helpful. Thx to Rand for repackaging the message for mainstream consumption and it makes my coalition building easier in my circles of associates.
    I won't rate it down, and I understand why he did it. At the same time, it was spitting in his dad's face. How much is "winning" worth? How much do you have to compromise before winning really isn't winning anymore?

I'm not angry at Rand for this, but I do have kind of a "Rand is playing the game, I understand but I don't like it, roll my eyes" type of reaction.

At the end of the day, I'm just hoping Rand Paul stays himself rather than becomming more of a Ted Cruz type, or even a Mike Lee type (Which, I like Lee more than Cruz, but its easy to tell the difference between Rand and Mike as well.)
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptLouAlbano View Post
    Agreed 100%. Some people are moving forward and some are stuck in neutral.
    Ah, progress. Somehow it always involves turning gold into $#@!. Buddying up to Hannity, Levin, McConnell, and the rest of the gang is as you heard it folks - moving forward! I don't even recognize this place anymore, and I told you mofo's that you'd sell out your damn principles with the lure of power, and end up just like the damn hippies. Sometimes, I hate being right. I guess I'm going to be that 50 year old snarled hippy who looks at all the other assimilated hippies with disgust (metaphorically). A pox on your damn houses.
    School of Salamanca - School of Austrian Economics - Liberty, Private Property, Free-Markets, Voluntaryist, Agorist. le monde va de lui même

"No man hath power over my rights and liberties, and I over no mans [sic]."

What, sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty.

www.mises.org
    www.antiwar.com
    An Arrow Against all Tyrants - Richard Overton vis. 1646 (Required reading!)

Remember CHESS; not checkers.

Ron's goal is to win the WAR. You are still trying to fight one of the battles that was already lost.
    I did make another post that clarified further.

Here's the thing, the whole reason I admired Ron Paul so much is that he DIDN'T play the game. As an inconsistent neocon three years ago, it was Ron Paul's principles that made me care about what he had to say, which led to me learning more.

Now, I know Rand is trying to reach the people that Ron couldn't, or at least, that's what he's doing. I don't know to what extent his ideology is actually the same as Ron's, and how much he's conceeding just to play the game compared to how much he actually believes and such. I honestly haven't figured Rand out.

If Rand wins, I just hope he rules in a manner we're happy with. Don't forget that if Rand Paul does become President, he'll still have to figure out how to reconcile what he really believes with what he's said.

I'm excited, but at the same time, I recognize the bad things that could happen as well.

More likely than not, Rand Paul doesn't end up winning. I don't think anyone who really supports liberty can win the White House. Make of that what you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Austrian Econ Disciple View Post
    Ah, progress. Somehow it always involves turning gold into $#@!. Buddying up to Hannity, Levin, McConnell, and the rest of the gang is as you heard it folks - moving forward! I don't even recognize this place anymore, and I told you mofo's that you'd sell out your damn principles with the lure of power, and end up just like the damn hippies. Sometimes, I hate being right. I guess I'm going to be that 50 year old snarled hippy who looks at all the other assimilated hippies with disgust (metaphorically). A pox on your damn houses.
    What are your thoughts on all this? Its sometimes hard to know just how much you should compromise.

Define the "real" movement and the "faux" one please.

As I see it the real movement is the one that has existed since Goldwater's day and has been working tirelessly for 50 years even when no one was paying attention. The faux movement is that small number of keyboard warriors who showed up in the last few years and think they have all the answers.

Oh you're right LE...Levin, Beck et al are just all about liberty...Rush too. And I don't recall Ron giving them kudos or holding them up as bastions of liberty. Maybe we should change the name of this place to "Pseudo-Liberty Forest" if we are going to start kowtowing on a regular basis.
    Who is "kowtowing", Carlybee? I don't see anyone here saying they think Levin, Beck, or Rush are all about liberty. Some of us just don't want to poke their eyes out. I don't trust them farther than I can spit, but it is a good thing for us that they are not yet ripping Rand to pieces. Can't you see that? I know it feels weird and it does to me too, but it is a blessing. Who knows what they will do tomorrow, but today they are not fighting us. That doesn't mean I trust them, because I do NOT.

You know, Ron worked with the likes of Barney Frank. He did it not because he loved the man, or even agreed with him on much of anything. Ron kept his eye on the prize. Maybe we should too.
    ================

What are your thoughts on all this? Its sometimes hard to know just how much you should compromise.
    Appearing with the 3 stooges for a photograph does not mean you compromised any principles.
    ================

Who is "kowtowing", Carlybee? I don't see anyone here saying they think Levin, Beck, or Rush are all about liberty. Some of us just don't want to poke their eyes out. I don't trust them farther than I can spit, but it is a good thing for us that they are not yet ripping Rand to pieces. Can't you see that? I know it feels weird and it does to me too, but it is a blessing. Who knows what they will do tomorrow, but today they are not fighting us. That doesn't mean I trust them, because I do NOT.

You know, Ron worked with the likes of Barney Frank. He did it not because he loved the man, or even agreed with him on much of anything. Ron kept his eye on the prize. Maybe we should too.
    I'm pretty sure Ron and Barney did agree on the issue of pot legalization, which IIRC was what they were working on. Ron Paul also worked with Kucinich on foreign policy issues, and while good for a Democrat, Dennis Kucinich is clearly no friend of the liberty movement as a whole. I honestly prefer him over Ted Cruz, but I also emphasize foreign policy far more than I do anything else, and even still, I'd clearly prefer the likes of Mike Lee over Kucinich.

I have no problem with any of that.

When it comes to working on a particular issue, ally with whoever you can on that one issue.

There's a difference between that and supporting someone in general.

I did make another post that clarified further.

Here's the thing, the whole reason I admired Ron Paul so much is that he DIDN'T play the game. As an inconsistent neocon three years ago, it was Ron Paul's principles that made me care about what he had to say, which led to me learning more.

Now, I know Rand is trying to reach the people that Ron couldn't, or at least, that's what he's doing. I don't know to what extent his ideology is actually the same as Ron's, and how much he's conceeding just to play the game compared to how much he actually believes and such. I honestly haven't figured Rand out.

If Rand wins, I just hope he rules in a manner we're happy with. Don't forget that if Rand Paul does become President, he'll still have to figure out how to reconcile what he really believes with what he's said.
    This won't be difficult at all. Only a fool would believe a President would be able to end the FED in one fell swoop, end the CIA, the IRS and everything else, all by their little lonesome.

I'm excited, but at the same time, I recognize the bad things that could happen as well.

More likely than not, Rand Paul doesn't end up winning. I don't think anyone who really supports liberty can win the White House. Make of that what you will.
    Oh, Ron played the game. Why did you think he endorsed Lamar Smith? He also played the game more than you think he did when he ran locally for his congressional office. But, let's be honest with ourselves for once. Ron never thought he had a chance in hell of winning the Presidency, much less the Republican nomination. What he was doing was running one leg of a relay race and he did what he needed to do. Look at the people he brought out of the woodwork. Some who hadn't yet opened their eyes, some who hadn't heard a politician talk like he did in a very long time and others, who had just given up. Without Ron doing what he did, I doubt Justin Amash would be in Congress and of course, not Rand, and who knows who else. Ron showed us the steps forward. We have to decide if we are going to take them or not. Each person will make that decision for themselves.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 08-13-2013 at 02:09 PM.
    ================

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Appearing with the 3 stooges for a photograph does not mean you compromised any principles.
    I'm not saying that, although I do think calling someone who has viciously attacked his dad "A great voice for connservatism" is a compromise of principle. I'd never give any credit to anybody who insulted either of my parents. I'd be attacking them, not trying to cozy up to them.

And neither would you.

This IS a compromise, whether justified or not.

That said, its not a dealbreaker. A lot of little things like this add up to become annoying though.

Exactly. And when you have Levin on TV, as he was last night, talking about repealing the 17th and the other issues he spoke on that means that we are winning. Five years ago you wouldn't have had a national radio personality such as himself touching the issues that he did last night.

One thing the political isolationists will never understand or accept is that part of winning is convincing people, who may have previously disagreed with you on issue to now agree with you. I don't give a flying $#@! if it is Levin, Rush, Beck, Hannity or whomever - if they are on the radio talking to millions of people about issues that are front and center on my agenda, I am pleased.

I'm pretty sure Ron and Barney did agree on the issue of pot legalization, which IIRC was what they were working on. Ron Paul also worked with Kucinich on foreign policy issues, and while good for a Democrat, Dennis Kucinich is clearly no friend of the liberty movement as a whole. I honestly prefer him over Ted Cruz, but I also emphasize foreign policy far more than I do anything else, and even still, I'd clearly prefer the likes of Mike Lee over Kucinich.

I have no problem with any of that.

When it comes to working on a particular issue, ally with whoever you can on that one issue.

There's a difference between that and supporting someone in general.
    Ron supported Lamar Smith in general.
    ================

Quote Originally Posted by Austrian Econ Disciple View Post
    Um yeah. It is a good thing. Rand appears to have an open door policy with the media and you act like it's some kind of treasonous act. You prefer when they ridiculed or blacked Ron out? That's some twisted freaking logic you got going on there .

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast