Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Art Robinson is now the Chair of the Oregon Republican Party

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    There are way more of us than you think....
    No, I think I have a pretty accurate idea. Even if there were ten times as many liberty-lovers over 55 as I estimate, the over-55 demographic would still be by far the most liberty-hating demographic. And of course they are by far the most resistant to ideological change.

The strategic conclusion that follows from these simple facts is simple: focus resources on converting the young. Ignore the old, or as LibertyEagle would put it, wait for them to die. This is just basic common sense. Go for the low-hanging fruit.

Ron Paul followed and follows this strategy. Tons of college campuses, zero retirement communities.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Found this video of his speech while running for chairman in February.

Short summary is that he says the party needs to be run bottom up and needs to start growing a strong grassroots network now of volunteers to go door to door in their neighborhoods.

He said he wants one person per 300 homes to occasionally go door to door to talk about something in the news and get people registered to vote. Then in 2014 the candidates will already have a ground game in place and the canvassers will have developed relationships with the houses they visit.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    Yes, he is part of a generation which:

a) by and large holds extremely unfortunate views, and
    b) is too old for those views to change in any significant way on any significant scale.

The older generation hates Ron Paul; they are by far the most anti-Ron Paul demographic. The older generation consumes the most mainstream media. The older generation loves the military. The older generation will continue state-worshiping until the day they die.

Of course, this in no way impugns Art Robinson. He is an outlier, as are we all.
    You should get out more. I'm watching a townhall in Oklahoma on C-SPAN with Rep. Tom Cole. The older generation is most of who is there and they are beating the crap out of him. The last person with the microphone, an older gentlewoman I might add, was telling him how much she liked Rand Paul and that he should support what he has been suggesting. There was a lot of clapping and voices agreeing. Another gentleman stood up and talked about the Federal Reserve and how it needs to be audited, if not ended altogether. Cole is talking like an establishment pukehead, but they aren't buying what he has been saying.

EDIT: I thought you'd also be interested to know that one gentleman asked if he could do anything to get John McCain and Lindsey Graham to SHUT UP; said to much applause I might add. lol
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 08-11-2013 at 02:12 PM.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenguinLibertarian View Post
    You do know that Art is a creationist and is discredited as a scientist. I don't know why, but i think they will use this against rand. Nevermind, he'll make Oregon awesome.
    Rachel Maddow, is that you?

Ron Paul is a Creationist too. Yep. One of those evil Christians you despise.
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    No, I think I have a pretty accurate idea. Even if there were ten times as many liberty-lovers over 55 as I estimate, the over-55 demographic would still be by far the most liberty-hating demographic. And of course they are by far the most resistant to ideological change.

The strategic conclusion that follows from these simple facts is simple: focus resources on converting the young. Ignore the old, or as LibertyEagle would put it, wait for them to die. This is just basic common sense. Go for the low-hanging fruit.

Ron Paul followed and follows this strategy. Tons of college campuses, zero retirement communities.
    It's not accurate to say, "as LibertyEagle says", as I was quoting some of the foolish younger generation in their comments.

Whether you like it or not, it is the older Americans who vote. Ignore them and you will lose. Where this movement has been losing them has been because of a lack of understanding marketing 101. You talk to people about what concerns them; not just what you want to bloviate about. And no, their hot item is probably not going to be getting high or free sex. There are still a lot of Americans out there who want their country back. They have to be shown how that can be done without scaring the ever loving crap out of them that what you are suggesting wouldn't be much worse than the crap they know we already have.

By the way, did you realize that Ron Paul is part of that older generation?
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12