Thread: Nancy Mace retweets ‘Nancy boy’

Nancy Mace retweets ‘Nancy boy’

Sen. Lindsey Graham’s primary challenger retweeted a tweet that calls him “Nancy boy,” according to the Sunlight Foundation’s Politwoops, which monitors politicians’ deleted tweets.

Nancy Mace on Tuesday tweeted: “RT @PaulSteel4: @nancymace we support you here in Florida. Nancy Mace vs Nancy boy graham.”
    cont
    http://www.politico.com/story/2013/0....html?hp=r8_b1

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I didn't know what "Nancy-boy" meant, so I looked it up on the internet.

All I got back was a picture of Lindsey Graham.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Nancy-girl responds:

Mace – owner of a Charleston public relations and marketing firm, and the first woman to graduate from The Citadel military college – said she was unaware of the deleted tweet. Campaign staffers manage the account, and may have posted it and then deleted it, after realizing it was “inappropriate,” Mace said Wednesday.

“I did not retweet it,” Mace said, adding she encourages her staff members to be active on social media and retweet messages from supporters.

Mace, who announced her candidacy Saturday, said deleting the tweet was “the right call,” adding “smears and personal attacks” are part of why she decided to run. “I would never condone the smearing of any of my opponents.”

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/2013/08/07/2...en-graham.html
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post

“I did not retweet it,” Mace said, adding she encourages her staff members to be active on social media and retweet messages from supporters.
    I can vouch for that. Her account was retweeting supporter messages at that time. I saw the original retweet before it was deleted. Didn't think that much about it. "Funny, a clever play on Nancy's name and Graham's mannerisms*."

This was a retweet too, so it didn't originate with her account. When reading Twitter, you often don't notice the fine print that it is a retweet. The originator's picture and information come up with the tweet, not the person who retweeted.

*A quick search brought up this definition:

Nancy-boy n. referred to by George Orwell in his Book "Down and Out in Paris and London.
    Early 20th century men, usually androgynous and well dressed that frequent trampish parts of London with a suggested tendency to homosexuality, though not explicitly pronounced.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...erm=Nancy-Boys

I can vouch for that. Her account was retweeting supporter messages at that time. I saw the original retweet before it was deleted. Didn't think that much about it. "Funny, a clever play on Nancy's name and Graham's mannerisms*."

This was a retweet too, so it didn't originate with her account. When reading Twitter, you often don't notice the fine print that it is a retweet. The originator's picture and information come up with the tweet, not the person who retweeted.

*A quick search brought up this definition:
    I'm pretty sure ever since she declared all her FB/Twitter accounts have been taken over by staff. She used to respond in the first person but I've seen a couple of third person references in responses.

The next twitter news story will be that Lee Bright follows back a bunch of radicals (like me).

ROFLMAO

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    and this:

Also somehow appropriate...

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    The next twitter news story will be that Lee Bright follows back a bunch of radicals (like me).
    Yeah, the next outrage will be "hey look, this person follows you! You are responsible for everything they have ever said or done!"

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    and this:

Also somehow appropriate...
    Very appropriate!

Quote Originally Posted by eduardo89 View Post
    haha

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    I tested that theory by following Lee Bright to see if he'd follow me too, and OMG, he totally did!!!
    "When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system's game. The establishment will irritate you - pull your beard, flick your face - to make you fight, because once they've got you violent then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don't know how to handle is non-violence and humor. "

---John Lennon

"I EAT NEOCONS FOR BREAKFAST!!!"

---Me

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    I tested that theory by following Lee Bright to see if he'd follow me too, and OMG, he totally did!!!
    Yep. Most politicians don't but he does.