Thread: New WSRP Chair.

New WSRP Chair.

As you may know Kirby Wilbur stepped down. Looks like Luanne Van Werven is going to take her place. Anyone know much about her?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Look her up. I mean, according to this, appears that she was a Santorum supporter.

http://blogs.bellinghamherald.com/po...ng-romney-now/

That’s according to Luanne Van Werven, chairwoman of the Whatcom Republicans and a Santorum supporter. They’re now throwing their support behind Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich, but mostly Romney, she said.

“They are united in their effort to defeat Barack Obama and get a Republican in the White House,” she said. “Even though Santorum has stepped aside, his supporters have not.”

Yeah it looks like she's in line with the National Republican Party rather than what Pacific Northwest Republicans want. She seems a lot like Kirby Wilbur. I've been askign questions in my local Party group and I'm getting mixed responses.

The field of candidates isn't settled yet. Clark County Chair Berrigan just announced.

Lu Ann did all she could to destroy Ron Paul supporters.

The vote for new chair is 8/24

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    The field of candidates isn't settled yet. Clark County Chair Berrigan just announced.

Lu Ann did all she could to destroy Ron Paul supporters.

The vote for new chair is 8/24
    I figured as much. How's Berrigan?

Berrigan?...not sure. Frankly, at this point the GOP in Washington State can go to hell.

I'm re-assessing my involvment in the dog and pony show. The GOP doesn't want Ron Paul 'types' in their little gang.

edit:.....found this.

http://blogs.columbian.com/political...e-party-chair/
    Last edited by JK/SEA; 08-11-2013 at 10:09 AM.

I found an article last night that seemed positive about Berrigan, but can't find it now. Seems like a decent alternative. I'll try and get my local GOP talking (Chelan).

Yeah the party is pretty corrupt under Kirby Wilbur, but even he says Pacific Northwest Republians are mostly social liberals. I tend to agree with him considering most conservatives I know voted for gay marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by MrGoose View Post
    I found an article last night that seemed positive about Berrigan, but can't find it now. Seems like a decent alternative. I'll try and get my local GOP talking (Chelan).

Yeah the party is pretty corrupt under Kirby Wilbur, but even he says Pacific Northwest Republians are mostly social liberals. I tend to agree with him considering most conservatives I know voted for gay marriage.
    it was also corrupt under Luke Esser as well.

I didn't have the same experience with cons being social liberals in my county. It was quite the opposite in fact.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What county? The counties I live in or have family in are quite different. Douglas is very socially conservative but Chelan is less so.

I would also like to get in contact with some liberty republicans here so I can help out with the movement.

Snohomish County. Hate gays, hate gay marriage, hate muslims, hate pot laws, hate Ron Paul, love war.

liberal side: love spending. love/hate taxes depending on which way the wind blows.
    Last edited by JK/SEA; 08-12-2013 at 08:55 PM.

Lewis County.

Most Republican County in the State. Not a single Democrat in office in the whole county.

Pro-war
    Pro-spending
    Pro-life
    Anti-taxes
    Anti-gay
    Anti-Muslim
    Anti-Marijuana

I've given up on Republicans.
    CPT Jack. R. T.
    US Army Resigned - Iraq Vet.
    Level III MACP instructor, USYKA/WYKKO sensei
    Professional Hunter/Trapper/Country living survivalist.

Yeah I was at the Caucus in Cashmere last year and it was a bunch of old people. Half said they "trusted" Romney and the others loved Santorum. They all were interested in me because I was young and were asking who students at college liked. They all expected Obama and were surprised when I said most either don't care or love Ron Paul. Sometimes I think the whole Liberty movement should go to the Libertarian Party and abandon ship.