View Poll Results: Are there times when dropping WMD on cities with civilian populated buildings is justified

Voters
156. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

119 76.28%
  • Yes

37 23.72%
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Are there times when dropping WMD on cities with civilian populated buildings is justified

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    I agree with Ayn Rand. But since the abortion providers are acting "Legally" at present, we already know who they are. As far as I'm concerned, we can skip straight to the penalty phase, in that instance.

I would have voted "Not Guilty" at Scott Roeder's trial. And every pro-lifer should agree with me.

I support executing all of them...
    Quite bloodthirsty for a "pro-lifer".

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by JCDenton0451 View Post
    Quite bloodthirsty for a "pro-lifer".
    I'm completely against the killing of the innocent. Which is why I voted "No" in the above poll. Its never justified to kill innocent people on purpose, and as someone else pointed out, to do so accidentally is a tragedy, not right.

Abortionists are not innocent, by any stretch of the imagination. They deserve to die for murdering children.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    What act of aggression did the people of China commit? What acts of aggression did the United States commit? What act of aggression did all the men in the United States armed forces who died because of Japanese aggression, make? Why did they have to die? Because of the Japanese and their imperialist aims.

I mean, one of the most moral things to do when a nation aggressively invades another, is to stop sending them the material to make weapons. Even if Roosevelt set up the fleet at pearl harbor, I still feel he was justified. Japan and Germany needed to be stopped, because the MOST moral thing one can do when they see one nation invade another out of pure aggression and empire, is to join the invaded side in the fight.
    The Japanese empire savaged much of Southeast Asia and then attempted to intimidate (even though FDR knew the attack was imminent) the U.S. into pulling out of the Pacific. No one should shed a tear for any of them. When a cult of personality forms and takes a series of very poorly thought-out decisions, justice is ultimately swift and relentless. The U.S., with its incredible hubris and arrogance is following the path of Japan in it's own unique way
    Last edited by AuH20; 08-06-2013 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    Abortionists are not innocent, by any stretch of the imagination. They deserve to die for murdering children.
    And this is why I think "pro-lifers" are dangerous and must never be trusted with power. Given that power, they would go on a killing spree.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    The Japanese empire savaged much of Southeast Asia and then attempted to intimidate (even though FDR knew the attack was imminent) the U.S. into pulling out of the Pacific. No one should shed a tear for any of them. When a cult of personality forms and takes a series of very poorly thought-out decisions, justice is ultimately swift and relentless. The U.S., with its incredible hubris and arrogance is following the path of Japan in it's own unique way
    Oh, I think our government bypassed them some time back in that regard.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Oh, I think our government bypassed them some time back in that regard.
    But the U.S. maintains it's empire more through economic manipulation than the brute force that the Japanese employed in Indonesia, the Phillipines, China etc. The body count is nowhere near as high but the goals are the same.

Chalmers Johnson outlined the sheer brutality of the Japanese:

It may be pointless to try to establish which World War Two Axis aggressor, Germany or Japan, was the more brutal to the peoples it victimised. The Germans killed six million Jews and 20 million Russians (i.e. Soviet citizens); the Japanese slaughtered as many as 30 million Filipinos, Malays, Vietnamese, Cambodians, Indonesians and Burmese, at least 23 million of them ethnic Chinese. Both nations looted the countries they conquered on a monumental scale, though Japan plundered more, over a longer period, than the Nazis. Both conquerors enslaved millions and exploited them as forced labourers—and, in the case of the Japanese, as (forced) prostitutes for front-line troops. If you were a Nazi prisoner of war from Britain, America, Australia, New Zealand or Canada (but not the Soviet Union) you faced a 4% chance of not surviving the war; (by comparison) the death rate for Allied POWs held by the Japanese was nearly 30%.[34]
    Last edited by AuH20; 08-06-2013 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by better-dead-than-fed View Post
    I don't want to be offensive, but I am trying to raise every angle to your question, for the sake of interesting discussion. For the sake of extreme example, what if you're facing a super-villain who is literally seconds away from launching a global nuclear attack that will extinguish all life on the planet, and the villain has fashioned himself armor made out of living children; is the only justifiable option to stand back and watch him launch the attack?
    Such outlandish and impossible examples do nothing to further your point. Moral principles have room for gray areas, but to get bogged down in foolish nonsense only distracts from the fact that millions of innocent men, women, and children die every day from government weapons of death.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    But the U.S. maintains it's empire more through economic manipulation than the brute force that the Japanese employed in Indonesia, the Phillipines, etc. The body count is nowhere near as high but the goals are the same.
    You're kidding, right? Are you forgetting all the wars for empire and all the dead bodies from them?
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    You're kidding, right? Are you forgetting all the wars for empire and all the dead bodies from them?
    Still doesn't compare with 30 MILLION Asiatic people!

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Are there times when dropping WMDs on cities with civilian populated buildings is justified?

This news today prompted me to think up above Q.

Japan Marks 68th Anniversary of Hiroshima Bombing

By AP / Shizuo Kambayashi
    Aug. 05, 2013

Shizuo Kambayashi / APJapanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, third from left, accompanied by Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum Director Kenji Shiga, left, looks at a diorama of Hiroshima city after the Aug. 6, 1945 atomic bombing, at Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum in Hiroshima, western Japan, Aug. 6, 2013

(HIROSHIMA, Japan) — Japan marked the 68th anniversary Tuesday of the atomic bombing of Hiroshima with a somber ceremony to honor the dead and pledges to seek to eliminate nuclear weapons.
    Some 50,000 people stood for a minute of silence in Hiroshima’s peace park near the epicenter of the early morning blast on Aug. 6, 1945, that killed up to 140,000 people. The bombing of Nagasaki three days later killed tens of thousands more, prompting Japan’s surrender to the World War II Allies.

Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, among many dignitaries attending the event, said that as the sole country to face nuclear attack, Japan has the duty to seek to wipe out nuclear weapons.

The anniversary comes as Japan is torn over restarting nuclear power plants shut down since the massive

Read more: http://world.time.com/2013/08/05/japan-marks-68th-anniversary-of-hiroshima-bombing

$#@! NO.

Unless, you are a criminal jingoistic warmonger.

.DON'T TAX ME BRO!!!

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men." -- Samuel Adams (1722-1803)

Are there times when dropping WMD on cities with civilian populated buildings is justified?
    Yes.

For example, if every person in the city is guilty of murder and if every civilian in the city is participating in an attempt to commit murder again and the only way to stop them is to drop a weapon of mass destruction on the city killing them all, then I would argue that doing so is justified. Even if there might be ways to stop them without dropping the WMD, the fact that they are all already guilty of murder may mean that dropping the WMD is still justified, although I personally would probably prefer to pursue a course of action that does not involve killing them all.

RIP 8/6/45

"[Sixty eight] years ago today, on August 6, 1945, at 8:15 in the morning, the American B-29 bomber Enola Gay dropped an atomic bomb over the center of the city of Hiroshima, Japan. Hiroshima was the first target ever attacked with nuclear weapons in the history of the world.

The bomb exploded about 200 yards over the city, creating a 13 kiloton explosion, a fireball, a shock-wave, and a burst of radiation. On the day that the bomb was dropped, there were about 255,000 people living in Hiroshima.

The explosion completely incinerated everything within a one mile radius of the city center. The shock-wave and the fires ignited by the explosion damaged or completely destroyed about nine-tenths of the buildings in the city. Somewhere between 70,000 and 80,000 people—about one third of the population of the city—immediately died. The heat of the explosion vaporized or burned alive many of those closest to ground zero. Others were killed by the force of the shock-wave or crushed under collapsing buildings. Many more died from acute radiation poisoning—that is, from the effects of having their internal organs being burned away in the intense radiation from the blast.

By December 1945, thousands more had died from their injuries, from radiation poisoning, or from cancers related to the radioactive burst or the fallout. It is estimated that the atomic bombing killed about 140,000 people, and left thousands more with permanent disabilities.

Almost all of the people maimed and killed were civilians...."

Continue Reading: http://radgeek.com/gt/2008/08/06/815am/
    Last edited by PeaceRequiresAnarchy; 08-06-2013 at 10:02 AM.
    "A consistent peace activist must be an anarchist." – Roderick T. Long, An Open Letter to the Peace Movement, https://peacemovement.wordpress.com/

If you are ok with using nuclear weapons on this capacity, then you should welcome the thought of someone using then on YOUR city. America is the launching pad for most of the world's evil, so we are all responsible by this logic.

Do unto others....

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm currently undecided so I didn't vote in the poll. I'm interested in learning more about Japan's surrender before the nuking and about FDR sacrificing pearl harbor. Anyone have resources?

Quote Originally Posted by Xenliad View Post
    I'm currently undecided so I didn't vote in the poll. I'm interested in learning more about Japan's surrender before the nuking and about FDR sacrificing pearl harbor. Anyone have resources?
    Kyujo Incident (note this occured AFTER the bombings):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ky%C5%ABj%C5%8D_Incident

The Kyūjō Incident (宮城事件, Kyūjō Jiken?) was an attempted military coup d'état in Japan at the end of the Second World War. It happened on the night of 14 August 1945 – 15 August 1945, just prior to announcement of Japan's surrender to the Allies. The attempted coup was put into effect by the Staff Office of the Ministry of War of Japan and by many from the Imperial Guard of Japan in order to stop the move to surrender.

The officers, in an attempt to block the decision to surrender to the Allies, killed Lieutenant General Takeshi Mori of the First Imperial Guards Division and attempted to counterfeit an order to the effect of occupying the Tokyo Imperial Palace. They attempted to place the Emperor under house arrest, using the 2nd Brigade Imperial Guard Infantry. They failed to persuade the Eastern District Army (Japan) and the high command of the Imperial Japanese Army to move forward with the action. Due to their failure to convince the remaining army to oust the Imperial House of Japan, they ultimately committed suicide in traditional Japanese form. As a result, the communique of the intent for a Japanese surrender continued as planned

Pearl Harbor was not a surprise attack:
    http://www.thenewamerican.com/cultur...ed-fdr-was-not
    Last edited by AuH20; 08-06-2013 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenliad View Post

A new book entitled The Pearl Harbor Myth: Rethinking the Unthinkable by George Victor and published by Potomac Books Inc. of Washington, D.C. is well researched and gives a very clear picture of how and why the Pearl Harbor myth was created

Based on a good summary of the up-to-date research the author, who is an approving admirer of Roosevelt, concludes that Roosevelt deliberately provoked the attack and that he and his key military and administrative advisers clearly knew, well in advance, that the Japanese were going to attack both Pearl Harbor and the Philippines. Roosevelt wanted to get into the European War but he had been unsuccessful in provoking Germany; therefore, he considered the sacrifice of Pearl Harbor and the Philippines as the best way to get into the European War through the back door of Japan.

.DON'T TAX ME BRO!!!

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men." -- Samuel Adams (1722-1803)

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    If you are ok with using nuclear weapons on this capacity, then you should welcome the thought of someone using then on YOUR city. America is the launching pad for most of the world's evil, so we are all responsible by this logic.

Do unto others....
    America actually is the place where a majority of the world's wealth springs out of. Even with America's flaws and often misguided policies, the United States is the most moral superpower in the history of the world.

Saying the United States is on par with (or worse in your case) the evil of any Muslim Middle Eastern country or Communist country is the kind of backward BS is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by krugminator View Post
    America actually is the place where a majority of the world's wealth springs out of. Even with America's flaws and often misguided policies, the United States is the most moral superpower in the history of the world.

Saying the United States is on par with (or worse in your case) the evil of any Muslim Middle Eastern country or Communist country is the kind of backward BS is insane.
    It's not on par because it doesn't have to use as much lethal force to achieve it's gains, but the results are the same. It's still domination at the end of the day.

the United States is the most moral superpower in the history of the world.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Wealth = moral authority?

That's the back asswards BS i think you may be getting confused about.

Tell me, how many of our own civilians have been killed by another country, compared to how many our own army have killed?

Nowhere near as insane as claiming the U.S. is moral.
    Last edited by Cabal; 08-06-2013 at 11:12 AM.
    Radical in the sense of being in total, root-and-branch opposition to the existing political system and to the State itself. Radical in the sense of having integrated intellectual opposition to the State with a gut hatred of its pervasive and organized system of crime and injustice. Radical in the sense of a deep commitment to the spirit of liberty and anti-statism that integrates reason and emotion, heart and soul. - M. Rothbard

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    Wealth = moral authority?

That's the back asswards BS i think you may be getting confused about.

Tell me, how many of our own civilians have been killed by another country, compared to how many our own army have killed?
    I would hope the answer is many fewer US citizens than foreign aggressors. The sole job of government is to protect its citizens.

Wealth is morality. It is a symbol of people voluntarily cooperating. It is a sign of producing to make life better. Wealth is proportional to virtue. The overwhelming majority of the progress in the world over the last 300 years has come from the United States directly or indirectly.

WW2 was total war, the entire output of the countries economy was for the military. It wasn't like the wars of today, you have to keep it in perspective. The Japanese had been fighting to the last man/woman/child on the pacific islands like Saipan etc. It was reasonable to think they would have defended the homeland the same. In this context, yes the bombs saved American lives. An invasion of Japan would have been a bloodbath.

Oh and you nuke the cities in the zombie apocalypse to keep it from spreading.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabal View Post
    Nowhere near as insane as claiming the U.S. is moral.
    Then least immoral. There are shades of grey in the world. Who would you rather have the most power in the world. The United States or any other country that is clamoring for power like Russia, China, Iran, etc.
    Last edited by krugminator; 08-06-2013 at 11:17 AM.

Exactly, why can't those inferior people understand that they have no right to retaliate:

"Let me explain to you the most fundamental principle of American foreign policy: Any country where the people have unpronounceable names can be bombed by the US with impunity. For you Rockwell readers who are a little slow on the uptake, "impunity" means they aren't allowed to bomb us back. "We called no tag-backs." It hardly qualifies as impunity when they blow up our biggest buildings, now does it? They aren't playing by the rules."

.DON'T TAX ME BRO!!!

I would hope the answer is many fewer US citizens than foreign aggressors. The sole job of government is to protect its citizens.

Wealth is morality. It is a symbol of people voluntarily cooperating. It is a sign of producing to make life better. Wealth is proportional to virtue. The overwhelming majority of the progress in the world over the last 300 years has come from the United States directly or indirectly.
    Wealth has ZERO to do with morality.

Please just stop. Every single statement you've just made is so entirely asinine, and in gross disregard of reality it physically hurts to even read.
    Radical in the sense of being in total, root-and-branch opposition to the existing political system and to the State itself. Radical in the sense of having integrated intellectual opposition to the State with a gut hatred of its pervasive and organized system of crime and injustice. Radical in the sense of a deep commitment to the spirit of liberty and anti-statism that integrates reason and emotion, heart and soul. - M. Rothbard

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    WW2 was total war, the entire output of the countries economy was for the military. It wasn't like the wars of today, you have to keep it in perspective. The Japanese had been fighting to the last man/woman/child on the pacific islands like Saipan etc. It was reasonable to think they would have defended the homeland the same. In this context, yes the bombs saved American lives. An invasion of Japan would have been a bloodbath.

The bombs saves Japanese lives too, ironically. In the Pacific war for every dead US soldier we killed 10 Japanese on average. The Japanese were extremely stubborn enemy. They just didn't know when to give up. Just imagine what the figthing in the densely populated areas would look like.

Then least immoral. There are shades of grey in the world. Who would you rather have the most power in the world. The United States or any other country that is clamoring for power like Russia, China, Iran, etc.
    You're sounding like Rubio here.

Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by JCDenton0451 View Post
    The bombs saves Japanese lives too, ironically. In the Pacific war for every dead US soldier we killed 10 Japanese on average. The Japanese were extremely stubborn enemy. They just didn't know when to give up. Just imagine what the figthing in the densely populated areas would look like.
    Should AQ drop a "dirty" bomb in one of our major cities since we are an "stubborn enemy" who "do not know when to give up"?

.DON'T TAX ME BRO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post

At minimum you were looking at a half-million U.S. casualities to take the Japanese homeland. After the incalculable toll it took with the island hopping strategy, the U.S. was not going to let maniacal Japanese off easy by letting them keeping the Emperor and their governing structure intact.

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast