Thread: Dave Camp Weighing Senate Bid

Dave Camp Weighing Senate Bid

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/0...951.html?hp=f3

Posted here because it affects those of us who are hoping that Amash enters the Senate race.

This guy is a total RINO. Every time he gets national attention it's because he voted against the TEA Party. Even though he has a 3 million dollar war chest, he would likely split the establishment vote currently held by Land.

It would be good news for Amash.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't think Amash is going to run. Terri Lynn Land seems like a good enough candidate that can win. She's been a supporter of his.

It would be something if Amash primaried Snyder and then went on to win the Governor's seat.

Quote Originally Posted by supermario21 View Post
    I don't think Amash is going to run. Terri Lynn Land seems like a good enough candidate that can win. She's been a supporter of his.
    How good is she?

She lives in his district and has supported Amash. I don't want Amash to lose his House seat, where he has gained increasing prominence. Land is also better than Camp/Rogers/any other MI Republican that can win statewide, and she has won statewide before.

I don't know anything about Land except that the establishment likes her. That might not be a fair way to assess her politics, but it certainly sends up a red flag for me.

I can't find anything about where she actually stands on any issues. She talks in buzz words, but there's no substance in anything she says.

I get the creeps from her, and although she she won statewide office, she didn't serve in the Micigan legislature, so we have no voting record to gauge her on. Therefore I'm not convinced she's better than Camp/Rogers etc.

I'm not planning on voting for her at this point.
    Last edited by angelatc; 08-06-2013 at 08:36 AM.