Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Connecticut MANDATORY RETROACTIVE gun registration starting now...

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    How may "pro-Gun" politicos voted for this $#@!?
    Allow counterfeiting of the money supply by those inside AND outside of the country I imagine it only a matter of time till everyone could be bought off. Seems to me many of us already are.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I know exactly what you mean. For the longest time I didn't have sound so I couldn't watch, but now I find that I just don't care to watch YouTube videos. I think it's an age thing. Two generations down the road people probably won't even know how to write any more - they'll communicate entirely by video.

I hope I am dead before then.
    I'm in my early twenties, and I have to say I've noticed what you're saying with a lot of people my age and younger. Some people will watch any video about any topic no matter how long it is when they could have spent 1/10th the time just by reading it. Not only is reading faster, but you can easily jump to the section that interests you just by reading a few strings of words in each paragraph then searching through the next one. You can't easily do that in video.

I'll read through an article here and there throughout the day, but I couldn't possibly watch the video equivalent of the amount of articles I read. Video/audio is totally inferior to reading in terms of time spent when it comes to researching any topic.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Of course registration is offensive, but it's really kind of moot anyway. If people are going to surrender their registered weapons when confiscation is attempted, then they obviously never intended to use their guns as a last-ditch defense of their rights in any case. People who will surrender their guns WILL surrender all their other rights as well.
    "Man lives freely only by his readiness to die." -- Mohandas K. Gandhi

"Generally speaking, the way of the warrior is resolute acceptance of death." -- Miyamoto Musashi

I think we can all agree - ITS A TRAP!

Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Slutter McGee View Post
    why don't you post your opinion, or maybe an explanation. Get so $#@!ing tired of clicking on threads that are nothing more than a title and a youtube video. $#@!ing express yourself.

Slutter McGee
    Why don't you post your opinion? Get so $#@!ing tired of clicking on threads only to find someone whining about finding nothing but a title and a youtube video. $#@!ing express something more than whininess.

Get it?
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Where are peoples' brains these days? Sheesh.
    Ah... now I see where you've been going wrong all these years. You assume they have brains.

Allow me to disabuse you...

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Hard to believe New England was once the birthplace of revolution.
    I know. They are now the most fawning compliant pussies in the nation. It turns my stomach.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    Molon Labe, bitches.

There. Fixed it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by GuerrillaXXI View Post
    Of course registration is offensive, but it's really kind of moot anyway. If people are going to surrender their registered weapons when confiscation is attempted, then they obviously never intended to use their guns as a last-ditch defense of their rights in any case. People who will surrender their guns WILL surrender all their other rights as well.
    True, but it's not those people for whom my concern lies. Honestly, I don't care if every last willing pretty slaver is murdered. I really do not. I will shed not the first tear for them. If things come to that I am sure I will be plenty shocked - how could any decent human being not be? But once I recover myself, I cannot see that I would feel the least compassion for a single one of them. If you are going to degrade and betray yourself - if you are going to refuse to respect yourself and indeed hold yourself in such freakish and shrieking contempt, I most certainly will show you the same regard. I have never cottoned to cowards and I make no apologies for that.

Does anyone have a right to kill such people? No, but when they do how am I to feel pity, compassion, and outrage for those who laid down for their own doom with smiles on their faces? I cannot. More importantly, I will not. Such people get what they merit. It is your right to waive your rights. It is mine to despise you for it.
    Last edited by osan; 08-03-2013 at 12:12 AM.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Look at the sheeple. Well, when the National Guard and local authorities start confiscating you better believe they'll print up those registration lists and start going door to door and then you're really $#@!ed if you're non-compliant. They have you on record of confessing to owning a weapon. Why on Earth anyone would voluntary sign up for such non-sense. As evidenced by that dumb ass broad - the answer is they're stupid and naive beyond belief.

Well the 'gubmint said so, so's I must'nt disobey. Lock step, lock step. CHOOOOO-CHOOOOO.
    Last edited by Austrian Econ Disciple; 08-03-2013 at 12:16 AM.
    School of Salamanca - School of Austrian Economics - Liberty, Private Property, Free-Markets, Voluntaryist, Agorist. le monde va de lui même

"No man hath power over my rights and liberties, and I over no mans [sic]."

What, sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty.

www.mises.org
    www.antiwar.com
    An Arrow Against all Tyrants - Richard Overton vis. 1646 (Required reading!)

Quote Originally Posted by GregSarnowski View Post
    Where is this? Somewhere in Hartford? I should get down there with some Free State Project brochures.

Come on CT residents, vote with your feet, move from one of the worst states to one of the best with only a couple of hours drive. I for sure am getting out of here within a few months, as soon as I finish the transition that will allow me to work remotely.
    We need more people doing this. In essence, if you choose to stay and pay taxes in a state where such atrocious laws are being passed, you are passively feeding the beast. It should be a win-win for conservatives/libertarians to cut ties with liberal leeches by leaving. I for one refuse to live in a state where my tax dollars will be used to strip me of my rights. Having said that, Georgia isn't all it's cracked up to be, but at least it's no New York or Connecticut.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by GregSarnowski View Post
    Where is this? Somewhere in Hartford? I should get down there with some Free State Project brochures.

Come on CT residents, vote with your feet, move from one of the worst states to one of the best with only a couple of hours drive. I for sure am getting out of here within a few months, as soon as I finish the transition that will allow me to work remotely.
    Yup. It takes less than an hour to drive from the CT border to the NH border. Less than 2 hours from the main CT airport to Keene, NH. I see plenty of plates with CT cars at the stores in the Keene area. Those folks come here to buy stuff. Some of thm might be pro-liberty. And if they are looking for a warmer area. Parts of the southern NH Seacoast have higher winter highs than some parts of northeastern and northwestern CT. Heck, that part of NH is also warmer than the Springfield, MA area too. http://nhfreedom.wordpress.com/2013/...o-perspective/
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I know exactly what you mean. For the longest time I didn't have sound so I couldn't watch, but now I find that I just don't care to watch YouTube videos. I think it's an age thing. Two generations down the road people probably won't even know how to write any more - they'll communicate entirely by video.

I hope I am dead before then.
    Acronyms slow me down. I don't mean obvious ones like NASA or NATO, but ones people use to make phrases on this forum. I know a few like LOL or IMHO, but there are a lot that i have to stop reading, open another browser and search. Sometimes i never finding anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by enoch150 View Post
    I think people have until the end of the year (I may be wrong about that), so we won't know much about noncompliance for a while. As far as I know, there aren't any militias in Connecticut. But the Connecticut Citizens Defense League is a very principled and very active (politically, legally, and for recruitment) gun rights group which formed in 2009 and they have had some success in pushing back against state and local government. They're one of the groups suing to stop this. They've also gone from around 2,500 members just before Sandy Hook to about 8,500 now and are still growing rapidly.

They've all but declared war on every politician who voted for the law. They have always selectively endorsed candidates, but now they have taken to issuing press releases stating that they won't be supporting anyone who voted for this.
    I went to boarding school in connecticut. It is a shame that a beautiful state (Kent Falls, Long Island Sound, and Lake Warramug is basically heaven) with a history of defending Liberty has succumbed to Malloy's bull$#@!. He went to my middle school to encourage learning disabled kids to reach for the stars. I really hope he was kidding. Connecticut, even in Litchfield County, is a place where good intentions go to hell. THe teacher i had a huge love for, lives in Cornwall. I fear for her.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    I know. They are now the most fawning compliant pussies in the nation. It turns my stomach.
    These days its filled with Former New Yorkers and Northern New Jersey Residents (like myself) that populated the area. Its a good place to be rich. My dad once considered buying a house in Greenwich. The Public schools (if you live in the good areas like Redding, Easton, Greenwich, and Weston) are tremendously high class. Joel Barlow is the 9th best one in CT. Weston and Greenwich gets people into Tier 1 Colleges. Housing and living costs can eat up most of you income. But if you are in say, Greenwich you'll pay the lowest property taxes in the nation. Private Schools are Associated with America's elite. Other than the good schools and suburban culture, i would't live there

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenguinLibertarian View Post
    These days its filled with Former New Yorkers and Northern New Jersey Residents (like myself) that populated the area. Its a good place to be rich. My dad once considered buying a house in Greenwich. The Public schools (if you live in the good areas like Redding, Easton, Greenwich, and Weston) are tremendously high class. Joel Barlow is the 9th best one in CT. Weston and Greenwich gets people into Tier 1 Colleges. Housing and living costs can eat up most of you income. But if you are in say, Greenwich you'll pay the lowest property taxes in the nation. Private Schools are Associated with America's elite. Other than the good schools and suburban culture, i would't live there
    I was the state co-coordinator for the Gary Johnson campaign. One trip delivering lawn signs and stuff took me first to a very... urban... neighborhood in Stamford. My next stop, one town over in Greenwich, was to a mansion in a neighborhood filled with nothing but mansions. It was surreal, but it reaffirmed my faith that liberty transcends economic class.

The kid I delivered to in Greenwich - a 20 something who lived with his parents - worked for a firm that did high frequency trading on Wall Street. He told me he would be moving to New York, shortly. For the last few decades, Connecticut's main advantage for attracting rich people was that its taxes were lower than New York and New Jersey. That advantage is now gone. The state pushed through 77 tax increases in 2011. Anyone with a high income who can work over a computer is moving to Florida. The state put a "Temporary" 10% surcharge on the corporate income tax a few years back, and instead of letting it expire, they added another 20% surcharges on top of it. People here expect Obamacare to give a boost to the insurance industry, but what they don't realize is that Des Moines has already replaced Hartford as the insurance capital. Gun manufacturers are moving out. Most of the state doesn't realize it yet, but Connecticut is on the fast track to economic Armageddon.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem."
    Ronald Reagan, 1981

Quote Originally Posted by enoch150 View Post
    I was the state co-coordinator for the Gary Johnson campaign. One trip delivering lawn signs and stuff took me first to a very... urban... neighborhood in Stamford. My next stop, one town over in Greenwich, was to a mansion in a neighborhood filled with nothing but mansions. It was surreal, but it reaffirmed my faith that liberty transcends economic class.

The kid I delivered to in Greenwich - a 20 something who lived with his parents - worked for a firm that did high frequency trading on Wall Street. He told me he would be moving to New York, shortly. For the last few decades, Connecticut's main advantage for attracting rich people was that its taxes were lower than New York and New Jersey. That advantage is now gone. The state pushed through 77 tax increases in 2011. Anyone with a high income who can work over a computer is moving to Florida. The state put a "Temporary" 10% surcharge on the corporate income tax a few years back, and instead of letting it expire, they added another 20% surcharges on top of it. People here expect Obamacare to give a boost to the insurance industry, but what they don't realize is that Des Moines has already replaced Hartford as the insurance capital. Gun manufacturers are moving out. Most of the state doesn't realize it yet, but Connecticut is on the fast track to economic Armageddon.
    The same year that CT increased taxes the most of any state, NH cut taxes. And the NH border is only an hour from the CT border. No income tax or sales tax. Property taxes tend to be lower in NH for middle class and above people than in CT. Government fees and excise taxes tend to be a lot lower. Peter Schiff received 27,831 votes in 2010 so there are at least several 1,000 people in CT that are open to liberty. Do you have any ideas on how to identify that 28,000 people in CT that might be open to the idea of liberty? I'd love to encourage some of them to move to NH. Even if they are elites, that's cool. NH is perhaps the best place to live if you want your kids to go to the top prep schools in the country and then the best colleges.

The top prep schools in the nation are concentrated in and around New Hampshire
    http://nhfreedom.wordpress.com/2012/...new-hampshire/
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenguinLibertarian View Post
    People in Greenwich tend to pay a lot more in property taxes than people in the rest of CT. The rate might be the lowest in CT (I don't know if that is true) but the amount people pay is substantially higher than the typical Northeastern rate, which in and of itself, is above the national average. The lowest property taxes in the US are found in both Alaska and New Hampshire, where there are communities without property taxes. The lowest rates that I know of are in NH but perhaps there are lower rates somewhere else. I guess i get what you are saying. If someone wanted a massive mansion in the outer NYC area, Greenwich is a good location for one.

http://www.city-data.com/city/Greenw...nnecticut.html
    http://www.businessinsider.com/conne...rs-2011-7?op=1

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    That image, is friggin' AWESOME!
    +rep for you
    For the Republic! For the Cause!
    The Truth About Central Banking and Business Cycles
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaxIPPMR3fI#t=186

Quote Originally Posted by Athan View Post
    That image, is friggin' AWESOME!
    +rep for you
    Try sourcing the quotes.
    Ronald Reagan, 1981

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    The same year that CT increased taxes the most of any state, NH cut taxes. And the NH border is only an hour from the CT border. No income tax or sales tax. Property taxes tend to be lower in NH for middle class and above people than in CT. Government fees and excise taxes tend to be a lot lower. Peter Schiff received 27,831 votes in 2010 so there are at least several 1,000 people in CT that are open to liberty. Do you have any ideas on how to identify that 28,000 people in CT that might be open to the idea of liberty? I'd love to encourage some of them to move to NH. Even if they are elites, that's cool. NH is perhaps the best place to live if you want your kids to go to the top prep schools in the country and then the best colleges.

The top prep schools in the nation are concentrated in and around New Hampshire
    http://nhfreedom.wordpress.com/2012/...new-hampshire/
    The LP US Senate candidate also got 25,045 last year, which was a party record. And I know several people that have already moved to other states because of the stuff that goes on here - two to Texas, one to Maine. My parents moved to Virginia, and it's looking increasingly like I'm headed for a permanent move their myself. At least one person has told me he only came to CT for a few years while making his way to NH.

But I'm not sure you're going to convince anyone with schools. People like John F Kennedy and Ivanka Trump went to school less than a mile from my house, and I don't even live in one of the rich areas. You're also probably not going to get many converts by claiming that some areas of southern NH are warmer than northern CT. There's a significant difference in the temperature and snowfall between southern CT (where most people live, other than the Hartford area) and northern CT. I've also seen you mention things like healthcare. I'm sure the price difference is substantial, but that's probably the only thing going for NH. Anyone with serious health issues is going to want to stay near a city like New Haven.

People mostly leave CT for three reasons: job prospects, taxes, and the weather. For weather they go south. I can tell you that when my parents left, they were more concerned with property taxes than income taxes. They looked at NH and considered the property taxes to high. Higher income people look for no income tax states and aren't concerned as much about property taxes.

Anyway, to answer your question, yes, there are people with private email lists that when combined, can reach - I'm guessing - 15,000 - 20,000 of the Schiff voters, aside from Schiff himself, whose email list is roughly ten times larger, although most of his list don't live in Connecticut. Schiff's campaign came as the Tea Party was rising and he got a substantial amount of votes from them. And the people running the Tea Party factions were efficient at harvesting emails. My personal email list has 750 - 1,000 liberty minded folks, but I'm not giving you that. But you can email the following groups and reach approximately 750 different people through their lists. They all have open email lists and as long as you don't look like you're trying to sell something, you're not going to be banned.

http://www.meetup.com/9-12ers-Southern-Connecticut/ (one email per day to this one, and don't discuss foreign policy)
    http://www.meetup.com/ronpaul-1358/
    http://www.meetup.com/ct4liberty/
    http://www.meetup.com/ronpaul-150/
    http://www.lpct.org/activists/
    Ronald Reagan, 1981

And then what?

What will happen to the hundreds of thousands of owners who don’t register?

Ruby Ridge? Regardless, this will not end well.
    //

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12