Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Connecticut MANDATORY RETROACTIVE gun registration starting now...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

why don't you post your opinion, or maybe an explanation. Get so $#@!ing tired of clicking on threads that are nothing more than a title and a youtube video. $#@!ing express yourself.

Slutter McGee

Quote Originally Posted by Slutter McGee View Post
    why don't you post your opinion, or maybe an explanation. Get so $#@!ing tired of clicking on threads that are nothing more than a title and a youtube video. $#@!ing express yourself.

Slutter McGee
    I am having a hard time rationalizing where you're coming from with this response...

Quote Originally Posted by Reason View Post
    I am having a hard time rationalizing where you're coming from with this response...
    me too
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

Quote Originally Posted by Tod View Post
    me too
    I agree.

Now for the topic at hand.

They either comply or they don't. It will be interesting to see if any of the militias will come to the aid of those that don't comply. I doubt they will.
    Like the saying "no more free Waco's", Waco's happen everyday.
    “First of all, if you’ve got health insurance, you like your doctors, you like your plan, you can keep your doctor, you can keep your plan. Nobody is talking about taking that away from you.” Lying Sack of Crap

I actually agree with SMcGee, not the choice of words, but his point. Not everyone has time to watch, or has the data connection to watch, the video. So a little summary would be nice.

Cant comment on the video, can't watch.

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    I actually agree with SMcGee, not the choice of words, but his point. Not everyone has time to watch, or has the data connection to watch, the video. So a little summary would be nice.

Cant comment on the video, can't watch.
    I have a short video summary of this video. For those who cannot watch videos, please click on this link and you can watch it.

/s
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Slutter McGee
    I know exactly what you mean. For the longest time I didn't have sound so I couldn't watch, but now I find that I just don't care to watch YouTube videos. I think it's an age thing. Two generations down the road people probably won't even know how to write any more - they'll communicate entirely by video.

I hope I am dead before then.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I know exactly what you mean. For the longest time I didn't have sound so I couldn't watch, but now I find that I just don't care to watch YouTube videos. I think it's an age thing. Two generations down the road people probably won't even know how to write any more - they'll communicate entirely by video.

Y U no thnk ppl will rite?

ppl rite in texts 2 each othr al the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    That image, is friggin' AWESOME!
    +rep for you
    For the Republic! For the Cause!
    The Truth About Central Banking and Business Cycles
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaxIPPMR3fI#t=186

Any idiot can blabber endlessly, and often do. The written worn requires some effort, and might even lead to organizing one's thoughts into a coherent body of work.

To the subject at hand, we have more evidence that the purpose of registration is confiscation. My question to the TPTB is why should any upstanding citizen comply with any demand made upon him by a public employee that negates rights articulated by the Constitution?
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Pericles View Post
    Any idiot can blabber endlessly, and often do. The written worn requires some effort, and might even lead to organizing one's thoughts into a coherent body of work.

To the subject at hand, we have more evidence that the purpose of registration is confiscation. My question to the TPTB is why should any upstanding citizen comply with any demand made upon him by a public employee that negates rights articulated by the Constitution?
    "Why? Because $#@! YOU! That's why." - Officer Friendly.

I'm in my early twenties, and I have to say I've noticed what you're saying with a lot of people my age and younger. Some people will watch any video about any topic no matter how long it is when they could have spent 1/10th the time just by reading it. Not only is reading faster, but you can easily jump to the section that interests you just by reading a few strings of words in each paragraph then searching through the next one. You can't easily do that in video.

I'll read through an article here and there throughout the day, but I couldn't possibly watch the video equivalent of the amount of articles I read. Video/audio is totally inferior to reading in terms of time spent when it comes to researching any topic.

Acronyms slow me down. I don't mean obvious ones like NASA or NATO, but ones people use to make phrases on this forum. I know a few like LOL or IMHO, but there are a lot that i have to stop reading, open another browser and search. Sometimes i never finding anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Slutter McGee
    Why don't you post your opinion? Get so $#@!ing tired of clicking on threads only to find someone whining about finding nothing but a title and a youtube video. $#@!ing express something more than whininess.

Get it?
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

The lady says... you shouldn't have a problem doing this if you are an upstanding citizen. Thing is, lady, the criminals are NOT upstanding citizens and they aren't going to register their damn guns!

Where are peoples' brains these days? Sheesh.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    The lady says... you shouldn't have a problem doing this if you are an upstanding citizen. Thing is, lady, the criminals are NOT upstanding citizens and they aren't going to register their damn guns!

Yeah, I was watching Harry Potter the other day, and it was the evil wizards that said "If you don't have anything to hide, you don't have anything to worry about."

It also makes it easier for the state to confiscate, when they get around to making it illegal to own/possess any firearm. Someday, I'm not kidding.
    Last edited by Henry Rogue; 08-02-2013 at 05:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    It also makes it easier for the state to confiscate, when they get around to making it illegal to own/possess any firearm. Someday, I'm not kidding.
    Or to stage a war and hand over the list.

Globally.

Ah... now I see where you've been going wrong all these years. You assume they have brains.

Allow me to disabuse you...
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Let me guess:

Full compliance with nary a peep or squawk from anybody?

Just another day in AmeriKa.

"shouldnt be a problem if you are an upstanding citizen"

$#@! you.. you slave bitch.

comply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Kotin; 08-02-2013 at 09:07 AM.
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Where is this? Somewhere in Hartford? I should get down there with some Free State Project brochures.

Come on CT residents, vote with your feet, move from one of the worst states to one of the best with only a couple of hours drive. I for sure am getting out of here within a few months, as soon as I finish the transition that will allow me to work remotely.

Quote Originally Posted by GregSarnowski View Post
    Where is this? Somewhere in Hartford? I should get down there with some Free State Project brochures.

Come on CT residents, vote with your feet, move from one of the worst states to one of the best with only a couple of hours drive. I for sure am getting out of here within a few months, as soon as I finish the transition that will allow me to work remotely.
    We need more people doing this. In essence, if you choose to stay and pay taxes in a state where such atrocious laws are being passed, you are passively feeding the beast. It should be a win-win for conservatives/libertarians to cut ties with liberal leeches by leaving. I for one refuse to live in a state where my tax dollars will be used to strip me of my rights. Having said that, Georgia isn't all it's cracked up to be, but at least it's no New York or Connecticut.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by GregSarnowski View Post

Yup. It takes less than an hour to drive from the CT border to the NH border. Less than 2 hours from the main CT airport to Keene, NH. I see plenty of plates with CT cars at the stores in the Keene area. Those folks come here to buy stuff. Some of thm might be pro-liberty. And if they are looking for a warmer area. Parts of the southern NH Seacoast have higher winter highs than some parts of northeastern and northwestern CT. Heck, that part of NH is also warmer than the Springfield, MA area too. http://nhfreedom.wordpress.com/2013/...o-perspective/
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

thanks
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." —Jeff Cooper

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

Hard to believe New England was once the birthplace of revolution.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Hard to believe New England was once the birthplace of revolution.
    I think this is pretty close to what got it started somewhere around there; isn't it?

Someone coming to rip off an armory?

Gun grabbing in Boston met with resistance

BOSTON - National guard units seeking to confiscate a cache of recently banned assault weapons were ambushed on April 19th by elements of a para-military extremist faction. Military and law enforcement sources estimate that 72 were killed and more than 200 injured before government forces were compelled to withdraw.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ith-resistance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast