Thread: How is it that RPI has only 1,250 followers on twitter?

How is it that RPI has only 1,250 followers on twitter?

How is it that the Ron Paul Institute for Peace and Prosperity has just 1,250 twitter followers and a measly 8,689 likes on Facebook? Is this what is going to happen with all those people who voted for him? Just fade away, move on to others?
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We had a mini drive about a month ago here on RPF. It got them over 150. Let's do it again!

https://twitter.com/RonPaulInstitut

I'd recommend they put some relevant hash tags (like #tlot) in the bio, so more people find it.

Also, keep in mind that some supporters (especially people around the 60+ age range) don't use Twitter or Facebook -- that's a good chunk of supporters. Some of them use FB, but few have ventured out to Google+ and twitter, so the latter two will always have less followers.

tweeted this:

To keep up to date with #RonPaul 's foreign policy topics, be sure to follow @RonPaulInstitut .

Quote Originally Posted by I<3Liberty View Post
    I'd recommend they put some relevant hash tags (like #tlot) in the bio, so more people find it.

Also, keep in mind that some supporters (especially people around the 60+ age range) don't use Twitter or Facebook -- that's a good chunk of supporters. Some of them use FB, but few have ventured out to Google+ and twitter, so the latter two will always have less followers.

What is #tlot?

edit. Guessing
    Top Libertarians On Twitter
    Last edited by Tod; 07-28-2013 at 02:47 PM.

Well the person in your avatar may have some affect on why more libertarians stopped using twitter and facebook.
    "What good fortune for governments that the people do not think."

I would guess it's because people who like what RP has to say generally do not want to be data mined and spied on so they don't sign up for sites like facebook and twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    I would guess it's because people who like what RP has to say generally do not want to be data mined and spied on so they don't sign up for sites like facebook and twitter.
    Interestingly, Twitter was one of the few if not the only major social media site to refuse the feds. Yes, the Library of Congress catalogues all tweets. But so what? The NSA records everything you do anyway?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    Interestingly, Twitter was one of the few if not the only major social media site to refuse the feds. Yes, the Library of Congress catalogues all tweets. But so what? The NSA records everything you do anyway?
    I know they do, but at least don't make it easy for them.

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    Not everything I do.
    "What good fortune for governments that the people do not think."