Thread: Eric Brakey (former RP 2012 Maine State Director) running for Maine Senate

Eric Brakey (former RP 2012 Maine State Director) running for Maine Senate

Just announced yesterday. Like his Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/BrakeyForMaineSenate

I have worked with Eric personally in the past and he is worthy of our full support.
    Last edited by malkusm; 07-28-2013 at 09:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    You're not making the claim that there's no objective best diet, are you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He's the president of Defense for Liberty PAC, right? Definitively worthy of support, although I'd prefer he run for Congress - then he could fight for liberty for the whole country.

Quote Originally Posted by Krzysztof Lesiak View Post
    He's the president of Defense for Liberty PAC, right? Definitively worthy of support, although I'd prefer he run for Congress - then he could fight for liberty for the whole country.
    You know very well he'd be dead on arrival in the primary. Let's try and get him in the Senate, should be a lot easier.
    Inactive

List of Liberty-minded candidates for Congress in 2014
    Party: Libertarian (since registration) / Religion: none (Ignostic)

“If while on your way you meet no one your equal or better, steadily continue on your way alone. There is no fellowship with fools.”
    ― Dhammapada, v. 61

"Asking why there are no Libertarian countries is akin to asking why there are no Atheist Theocracies." - #AncapJackal

Already over 350 Likes on Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/BrakeyForMaineSenate

Quote Originally Posted by Smart3 View Post
    You know very well he'd be dead on arrival in the primary. Let's try and get him in the Senate, should be a lot easier.
    I agree.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

via facebook

Brakey for Maine Senate:
    Success! Thanks to a very generous contribution from a grassroots supporter, we have reached our $13,000 fundraising goal.

Now on to $15,000 to Restore Maine's Future!

The District is winnable for a Republican, especially in a non-presidential year. A Republican won it in 2010.

Here are the 2012 results.
    http://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php/John_Cleveland

Democratic John Cleveland 53.5% 10,341
    Republican Lois Mello Incumbent 46.5% 8,982

The current incumbent in the district only raised $34,354 for his winning election in 2012. And the job pays very well in Maine, at around $20,000 a year. So Eric is doing great for fundraising.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Brakey Campaign Shatters Fundraising Records
    AUBURN - Eric Brakey, a Republican candidate for Maine State Senate District 20 (Auburn, New Gloucester, Poland, Minot and Mechanic Falls), announced on Monday that his campaign has raised over $21,000 during the year 2013.

Brakey Campaign Chair, former State Senator Lois Snowe-Mello says, "Ten months ahead of the 2014 election, the Brakey Campaign has shattered all previous fundraising records for a Maine State Senate campaign at this point in an election cycle."

The previous record was held by former legislator Joseph Bruno, who raised $12,775.00 in 2003 for his State Senate campaign (according to Maine Ethics Commission records dating back to 2002). At the time, Bruno was the sitting two-term House Republican leader. In contrast, Brakey---who has nearly doubled Bruno's record---is a first-time candidate for public office.

"It is a good sign that there is strong support for our campaign to Restore Maine's Future," said Brakey. "I am very proud that we already have over 120 individual contributors, as well as contributors from every town in Senate District 20. I am especially proud that all our contributions come from hard-working people who care deeply about our great state. Not a single penny came from lobbyists or special interest groups."

A resident of New Gloucester, Eric Brakey has served for the last year on the New Gloucester Land Management Planning Committee. Professionally, Eric Brakey works for his family business, Brakey Energy, helping clients reduce energy costs and become energy efficient.

In Augusta, Brakey regularly testifies at legislative public hearings in favor of individual freedom, privacy rights, affordable energy, and welfare reform.

You and I are beating all expectations.

We are well on our way to winning this election, and we have only just begun. There are still many miles to travel on our path to Election Day in November 2014.

That is why the funds we raise today are so crucially important for getting our message of limited government and fiscal responsibility out to voters.

Will you chip in today whatever you are able---$100, $50, or even $25---to Restore Maine's Future?

Thank you for your support!
    I couldn't do this without you.

Sincerely,
    Eric Brakey
    Candidate for Maine Senate
    Auburn, New Gloucester, Poland, Minot, Mechanic Falls

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, good!

I'll go donate $20