Thread: Budowsky: Ron Paul's television channel will be a huge hit

Budowsky: Ron Paul's television channel will be a huge hit

h/t Lew http://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/darn-right-2/

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blo...-be-a-huge-hit

Kudos to Judy Kurtz for her story in The Hill last week about the new Ron Paul television channel that is set to debut this summer. I hope there is some way for Neilson to give ratings for the Ron Paul channel, which can be previewed at www.ronpaulchannel.com, because this is going to be a very huge hit.

During the 2012 campaign I suggested that when the dust settles, Paul should get a cable show. Paul outdid this. He is starting his own channel.

The Ron Paul channel has the potential to be a transforming event at the intersection of television and politics. Imagine the kind of deep and thoughtful discussion about the great issues presented with the new Big Brother state that is sweeping both government and business.

While cable and network television give some coverage, I can easily imagine the Ron Paul channel giving this matter far more extensive in-depth coverage including diverse voices beyond what is normally available on mainstream corporate-owned cable or network television.

There is huge potential for the medium of television to elevate the intelligence and quality of news and opinion on the whole range of matters that Americans care about. Paul will make a profound contribution to American and even global discourse with his channel, and it will draw a very substantial audience and might hopefully stimulate similar ventures.

I would like to see a Paul channel, a Wendy Davis or Elizabeth Warren channel, and a diversity of channels giving a platform to a diversity of voices who now get the shaft from mainstream media. I give Paul my best wishes and support and expect to be watching and writing about his channel. Stay tuned, as they say!
    Wendy Davis got the shaft from the MSM?
    Last edited by Lucille; 07-26-2013 at 02:41 PM.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    the other networks will have to either match the unbiased ron paul channel or get last in line. this is huge!

edit; for those familiar with wresting, this will be like when ECW came on the scene in 1993. it took only a few months before other wrestling promotions started doing what ECW was doing. make sense?
    Last edited by satchelmcqueen; 07-28-2013 at 07:24 AM.

Brent Budowsky is a piece of $#@! hack writer. You should have seen all the smear articles he wrote on Ron Paul in 2011/12.

He must be a bit fickle then, because I've seen a lot of positive ones that Lew has linked to.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

What the hell!? Ron is getting his own channel?

Is it going to be Internet only or tv too?

Where can I watch the Ron Paul Channel?

Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    What the hell!? Ron is getting his own channel?
    http://www.ronpaulchannel.com/landing/ron-paul-landing/
    I'm not clear on this - is the plan that cable/whatever will carry it?
    Last edited by Valli6; 07-26-2013 at 04:17 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    http://www.ronpaulchannel.com/landing/ron-paul-landing/

I'm not clear on this - is the plan that cable/whatever will carry it?
    Note the page title & motto @ ronpaulchannel.com: "Turn Off The TV. Turn On the Truth."

To me, this suggests that it won't be on TV ...
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 07-26-2013 at 05:48 PM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Note the page title & motto @ ronpaulchannel.com: "Turn Off The TV. Turn On the Truth."

To me, this suggests that it won't be on TV ...
    yeah that's the way it sounds. Oh well, hopefully they create a roku/ps3/xbox live where you can stream it via your internet device. Charge $25 a year and offer a full-service news outlet and i'm in.

I just wish it was called something better, like Liberty TV or something. It makes it sound like the channel is all about Ron Paul, which I'm sure it's not. The name also probably limits the amount of people who will watch it, like those who don't like Ron.
    Last edited by Sentinelrv; 07-26-2013 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinelrv View Post
    I just wish it was called something better, like Liberty TV or something. It makes it sound like the channel is all about Ron Paul, which I'm sure it's not. The name also probably limits the amount of people who will watch it, like those who don't like Ron.
    Agreed, I love Ron, but it should not called the Ron Paul Channel. This movement is about ideas, not one man.
    //////////////////

I believe "blaze" (Beck's channel) started out as an internet-only subscription channel - but a few weeks ago, I noticed that my cable company added it to their line-up. I'm guessing that once a new subscription channel proves it has a large enough audience, others will choose to carry it?

It won't take long for the word to get out. Once everything kicks off, if the content is well presented, it won't matter what it's called.
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

... I'm guessing that once a new subscription channel proves it has a large enough audience, others will choose to carry it?
    This.

If you build it, they will come...

Gotta prove that you have an audience to get some negotiating leverage when dealing with satellite and cable TV companies. Probably need to show they can provide sufficient (quality) content to fill 24/7 air time too.

I think it's a fantastic idea though. Would love to see shows with Ben Swan, Judge Napolitano, etc. in addition to some "D.C. beat" reporting giving sunshine on the beltway cockroaches.

At first, I was excited about this and then thought how little impact it may have. Then, when considering the Blaze and its rise, I'm thinking it could have a modest impact but I'm not sure how you peel viewers away from Fox and the other MSMs.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If you have Ben Swann and Judge Napolitano, great.

If you have Tom Woods, Lew Rockwell, and such, not so great.
    Rand Paul 2016
    Justin Amash 2024
    Thomas Massie 2032

Check out Matthew Vines' Reformation Project!

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinelrv View Post
    The Blaze used to be called GBTV (Glenn Beck TV) in the beginning but once it got enough traction it was then called The Blaze.
    Rand Paul 2016
    Justin Amash 2024
    Thomas Massie 2032

Check out Matthew Vines' Reformation Project!

I believe "blaze" (Beck's channel) started out as an internet-only subscription channel - but a few weeks ago, I noticed that my cable company added it to their line-up. I'm guessing that once a new subscription channel proves it has a large enough audience, others will choose to carry it?
    RVO˩UTION

His online network will provide high definition streaming service via television, tablet, and smartphone, according to the channel’s official website, though details on how those services will be provided are not clear. The new media venture also promises to allow viewers to interact with Ron Paul on air.
    According to the site’s promotional video, the Ron Paul Channel will be dedicated to providing “breaking news stories, interviews with influential headliners, and hard-hitting reporting” as the “exclusive channel of truth.”
    http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/07/22/ron-p...nline-channel/