Thread: Bette Midler: GOP did everything they could to lose WW2

Bette Midler: GOP did everything they could to lose WW2

http://www.examiner.com/article/bett...ied-loss-ww-ii

According to a tweet sent Wednesday by singer Bette Midler, Republicans did everything they could to ensure the Allies lost to Adolf Hitler in World War Two, Twitchy reported.

"@GOP treats Mr. Obama the way they treated FDR in WWII. They did everything they could to ensure an Allied loss," she tweeted to her more than 449,000 followers.

A post at Twitchy called her tweet "ridiculous" and reminded readers that a very prominent Republican by the name of Dwight David Eisenhower not only led the Allied effort to defeat Hitler, he went on to become president.

History shows that the first woman elected to the U.S. Congress, Republican Jeannette Rankin of Montana, voted against declaring war in 1941, but she was the only member of Congress to do so. It was not the first time she opposed U.S. military action, having voted to keep American troops out of World War One.

Twitchy said Midler simply used the argument adopted by liberals that anyone who opposes Obama on anything is guilty of treason against the United States.

"Midler doesn’t seem to apply that same 'logic' when a Republican is president, however," Twitchy said.

Twitter users took Midler to task for her tweet.

"You should explain that to all the dead Republicans buried at Arlington National Cemetery," one person tweeted.

"Lets be real here," another person tweeted, "Midler knows as much about history as she knows about meteorology, not much, nothing."

One person observed that "unfortunately," many people listen to Hollywood celebrities like Midler.

It's not the first time Midler has inserted herself into the national debate with outrageous statements.

In May, she issued a tweet thanking the IRS for targeting conservative groups seeking tax-exempt status.

"The IRS overtaxing The Tea Party? I never thought I'd say this to the IRS - THANK YOU! THANK YOU FOR DENYING 501C-4 to any group who hates," she wrote.

Over-the-top rhetoric from Hollywood liberals is nothing new.

Last December, for example, actress Marg Helgenberger issued a tweet saying "one can only hope" that members of the NRA get shot in response to another tweet. The tweet has since been deleted, but not before being captured by Twitchy.

In 2011, actor Orlando Jones issued a tweet saying that liberals need to kill Sarah Palin in order to earn respect.

"Libyan Rebels kill Gaddafi, if American liberals want respect they better stop listening to Aretha & kill Sarah Palin(:," he wrote. Unlike Helgenberger, Jones did not delete the message.
    "Governor, if I had foreseen the use those people
    designed to make of their victory,
    there would have been no surrender at
    Appomattox Courthouse; no sir, not by me.
    Had I foreseen these results of subjugation,
    I would have preferred to die at Appomattox
    with my brave men, my sword in my right hand." - Robert E. Lee to Governor Fletcher S. Stockdale (D-Texas), 1870

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    FDR could have prevented USA entry into WW2 if the USA kept selling oil to Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubb556 View Post
    FDR could have prevented USA entry into WW2 if the USA kept selling oil to Japan.
    I used to talk to people about how WW2 was pointless and how we started the war going as far back as the Washington Naval Conference which led to Operation Black Chamber but Boobus is nowhere near ready to hear that. This nation has a wargasm anytime anything about WW2 is questioned because we have been fed this nonsense that it was the most noble war ever fought.
    with my brave men, my sword in my right hand." - Robert E. Lee to Governor Fletcher S. Stockdale (D-Texas), 1870

The war to make the world safe for communism.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    Have some rep.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

PARTISAN HAG
    $#@! "BETTE"

what the hell kind of name is that?
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

FDR encouraged Pearl Harbor and did nothing once he knew it was coming.

The "gas chambers" of Natzi Germany are all seemingly US War propaganda.

So, everything 'noble' the public thinks of concerning WWII is a lie and the whole war should be reexamined.
    " Anyone can become angry. That is easy. But to be angry with the right person, to the right degree, at the right time, for the right purpose and in the right way - that is not easy." --Aristotle

In May, she issued a tweet thanking the IRS for targeting conservative groups seeking tax-exempt status.

"The IRS overtaxing The Tea Party? I never thought I'd say this to the IRS - THANK YOU! THANK YOU FOR DENYING 501C-4 to any group who hates," she wrote.

Over-the-top rhetoric from Hollywood liberals is nothing new.

Last December, for example, actress Marg Helgenberger issued a tweet saying "one can only hope" that members of the NRA get shot in response to another tweet. The tweet has since been deleted, but not before being captured by Twitchy.

In 2011, actor Orlando Jones issued a tweet saying that liberals need to kill Sarah Palin in order to earn respect.

"Libyan Rebels kill Gaddafi, if American liberals want respect they better stop listening to Aretha & kill Sarah Palin(:," he wrote. Unlike Helgenberger, Jones did not delete the message.
    LOL - Shoot us with what?

Slingshots?

Progressives don't "believe" in guns.

Oh, wait...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    Have some more...

It's Bette Midler. WHO CARES!

The last peoples opinions you should ever consider on politics OR economics are: athletes, actors & musicians.

Quote Originally Posted by ctiger2 View Post

The last peoples opinions you should ever consider on politics OR economics are: athletes, actors & musicians.
    Agreed but we are the minority and it pays to remember that. This woman has more social media followers than 99% of all liberty activists and whether we like it or not, these idiots mold social opinion. I think it is best to know what nonsense they are feeding people so we can counter it and be prepared for the eventual arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by ctiger2 View Post

Millions and millions and millions of people, that's who cares.

The millions that were in tears because some British elites had a baby.

That's who.

And they really do think like that, and they really do think that war is now "progressive", and that drone strikes are justified, and they really will rat you out to "authority", and they really would have no problem with you and I being rounded up and thrown in the GULAG, if they were told it would "keep them safe".

Quote Originally Posted by jdmyprez_deo_vindice View Post
    Agreed but we are the minority and it pays to remember that. This woman has more social media followers than 99% of all liberty activists and whether we like it or not, these idiots mold social opinion. I think it is best to know what nonsense they are feeding people so we can counter it and be prepared for the eventual arguments.
    "As actors, it's our job to read the newspapers and then go on TV and say what we read as if it's our own opinion." - Team America

This can be said for most in Hollywood. Problem with Bette is it IS her opinion. Mold and all.
    "Perfect safety is not the purpose of government." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    "I was in the rain forest once, and it rained on me..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Ron Paul suggested a very good first step to the process of restoring sound money... It was beautiful. It left them all standing with their fiats out.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    'Excuse us, we'll be leaving now. Oh, and you don't mind if we just steal this Constitution before we go? You @#$%s aren't using it anyway...'

Quote Originally Posted by american.swan View Post
    FDR encouraged Pearl Harbor and did nothing once he knew it was coming.

The "gas chambers" of Natzi Germany are all seemingly US War propaganda.

So, everything 'noble' the public thinks of concerning WWII is a lie and the whole war should be reexamined.
    That^^ Wait till the public learns about how GIs routinely brutally raped innocent civilian women in Germany.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    That^^ Wait till the public learns about how GIs routinely brutally raped innocent civilian women in Germany.
    Every German I've ever met who was alive in 1945 has expressed a preference for having the US Army occupy the town rather than the Red Army of Workers and Peasants.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Pericles View Post
    Every German I've ever met who was alive in 1945 has expressed a preference for having the US Army occupy the town rather than the Red Army of Workers and Peasants.
    Lesser of 2 evils=still evil.

ETA: I meant to say France rather than Germany. :/

The GIs who raped France: We know about the mass rape of German women by Stalin's soldiers. Now a new book reveals American troops committed thousands of rapes on French women they were 'liberating'

Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 07-25-2013 at 02:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ugh. There goes another one I used to like.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights