Thread: Matt Bevin Versus Mitch McConnell in the 2014 US Senate Race in Kentucky

Exclamation Matt Bevin Versus Mitch McConnell in the 2014 US Senate Race in Kentucky

This is day one of the Matt Bevin versus Mitch McConnell in the 2014 US Senate Race in Kentucky.

This is a list of useful links for Matt Bevin for US Senate:

First Television Advertisement: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjgbdVOZqyw

Official Campaign Web site: http://www.mattbevin.com/

Issue Stances: https://mattbevin.com/issues/

Compare and Contrast to Mitch McConnell: https://mattbevin.com/2013/07/candidate-comparison/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    While this may turn out to be a good thing, I hope it does not sidetrack the primary Lindsey Graham theme.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

I have spoken about this very issue locally. I am all in replacing US Senator Lindsay Graham of SC.

Very very good!

Wow, 9 kids. What an interesting family:

In a just world Mitch should get slaughtered.
    Last edited by ctiger2; 07-24-2013 at 09:28 PM.

I'm confused: people here have claimed McConnell to be an ally as far as letting Paul speak about certain topics and legislation in the Senate and think he'd be a useful ally, but are quick to have him replaced? Not saying keep McConnell, but should Bevin win, would he have anywhere near the amount of influence as McConnell does? McConnell has been around for awhile and has a war chest not unlike Lindsey Graham.

I would encourage you to check out Mitch McConnell's thirty year voting record. Keep in mind, Mitch McConnell is not a progressive as Lindsey Graham (SC), but his voting record is not liberty oriented, conservative or even Republican at times. Harry Reid controls the flow of legislation in the US Senate and as minority leader Mitch McConnell does not wield the type of power people envision. It comes down to the choice of whether or not the voters in the Commonwealth of Kentucky wanted a career politician or a fellow Kentuckian who will vote more like Dr. Rand Paul. As far as who would takeover as minority leader, it comes down to who steps out and wants the job. Currently, John Cornyn, Texas is the US Senate Minority Whip.

How nice to Rand will Mitch be after the election?
    Who will replace Mitch? Cornyn? Seriously? That might be horrible or not too bad.
    When is Cornyn up for reelection? Would Cornyn suck up to Cruz?
    I hear nothing but empty rhetoric from Cornyn. Cornyn isn't pro-Rand/Cruz, but again I haven't been keeping track. What's better? Rand with Mitch or Cornyn? Could we primary Cornyn?

I think there are too many questions and not enough answers, which tells me we shouldn't rock this boat.

McConnell's good faith only lasts as long as he's up for election. Then he's back to using his influence to sabotage every liberty cause as he did right up until last year. (Even now, he's still voting for weapons to Egypt etc.)

It's true we probably still wouldn't have the votes to pick the next minority leader. But you can bet that he (and everyone else) would fear us if we managed to take down someone like McConnell. It would give us tremendous leverage. Those with CFL training know that causing political pain is how you get the most respect. If reps and senators worry about "facing a Rand Paul or Ted Cruz" NOW... imagine how it would be if the most powerful Republican fell to someone like that. They'd be in terror. So it'll be a tough battle. But I don't think the rewards can be in doubt.

And to be honest, it's pretty amazing to even find another candidate with a platform like that. The foreign policy section strikes me as less interventionist than Rand... and he's for civil liberties while McC is defending the NSA spying on millions of us. If he's legit (and he seems to be) there is everything to gain by this campaign - especially for those in KY.
    Original supporter of Ron Paul since 2007 and lifelong supporter of liberty and the Constitution. I stand with Rand.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This Bevin guy looks like a great candidate. Too bad I don't think McConell is as vulnerable as I've heard some folks talk like.

Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    This Bevin guy looks like a great candidate. Too bad I don't think McConell is as vulnerable as I've heard some folks talk like.
    His job approval ratings are the worst in the country, for any senator, if I recall correctly. Even among Republicans he only has about a 60/30 approval split. Independents are the reverse, a 30/60 approval/disapproval mark.
    Last edited by Feeding the Abscess; 07-25-2013 at 02:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    While this may turn out to be a good thing, I hope it does not sidetrack the primary Lindsey Graham theme.
    While taking out Lindsey Graham would be great, Mitch McConnell is a high ranking member of the Powers That Be. Graham isn't. Taking down McConnell would be a serious shot across the bow.
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.

Quote Originally Posted by parocks View Post
    Focus on Graham
    McConnell is a high ranking member of the mafia. Graham's just a street goon.

Im sold. Lets vote out the guy. Now, how do we keep Rand's nose clean?

Quote Originally Posted by american.swan View Post
    How nice to Rand will Mitch be after the election?
    Who will replace Mitch? Cornyn? Seriously? That might be horrible or not too bad.
    When is Cornyn up for reelection? Would Cornyn suck up to Cruz?
    I hear nothing but empty rhetoric from Cornyn. Cornyn isn't pro-Rand/Cruz, but again I haven't been keeping track. What's better? Rand with Mitch or Cornyn? Could we primary Cornyn?

I think there are too many questions and not enough answers, which tells me we shouldn't rock this boat.
    Cornyn is up in 2014. It seems he's doing the same sort of the thing as McConnell, he's hired Brendan Steinhauser, a Ron Paul supporter, as his campaign manager to deter a primary. Cornyn participated in the drone filibuster. He voted for the Rand budget.

Cornyn and Mitch seem to be birds of a feather and it doesn't really matter which would lead. Mitch might have a slight advantage because he's from the same state as Rand and he has a personal friendship with Massie (which isn't too important as Massie isn't in the Senate).

I think that the best course of action to support a primary challenge to both Senators, but if that fails, support them in the general election.

McConnell is going to win by a large margin.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    image of mitch is best

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

I am going to support Matt Bevin in the Kentucky Republican Primary. I have also donated and encourage others to do the same: https://mattbevin.com/donate/

Follow Matt Bevin on Twitter. https://twitter.com/MattBevin

FF @MattBevin This should be a great race! Matt Bevin for US Senate. http://www.mattbevin.com/ #TeaParty #tcot

https://twitter.com/USAB4L/status/360856807628996608
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.