Christie 14%
    Bush 13%
    Ryan 11%
    Cruz 9%
    Rubio 9%
    Santorum 4%
    Jindal 3%
    Martinez 1%
    Last edited by tsai3904; 07-24-2013 at 11:43 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    if Paul is leading then put that in the title so the webz can pick it up.

This is very similar to their poll in Montana in mid June:

Paul 21%
    Bush 13%
    Christie 12%
    Cruz 12%
    Rubio 10%
    Ryan 9%

I'm surprised and delighted that Cruz isn't taking much of Rand's vote. Imagine if Cruz ended up not running...dang, Rand would be in the stratosphere. I also wonder how much Paul Ryan is taking from us.
    Founder and leader of the militant wing of the Salvation Army.

Surprised Christie is doing so well out in mountain country.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    He's at 8% amongst self described conservatives, versus 23% for Rand.

Quote Originally Posted by ObiRandKenobi View Post
    who is martinez?
    Susana Martinez, Governor of New Mexico

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ObiRandKenobi View Post
    who is martinez?
    She is Hispanic diversity female, promoted by some circles in the Republican establishment.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexAmore View Post
    I'm surprised and delighted that Cruz isn't taking much of Rand's vote. Imagine if Cruz ended up not running...dang, Rand would be in the stratosphere. I also wonder how much Paul Ryan is taking from us.
    Cruz and Rand both know that only one of them can run. I'm glad Cruz is getting ~10% in almost every poll, because that support can easily be gained by Rand.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    I'm not sure if 14% is well but moderate Democrats have been elected and reelected in WY. Remember Alan Simpson? He served from 1965 to 1997 and was a moderate. Mike Enzi succeeded him in the US Senate. WY also has a history of electing Democratic governors, people that wouldn't have able to win without the help of moderate Republican.

While in WY, I noticed moderate Republican in the Cheyenne (the capitol) and Laramie (the university) areas. I've heard that Jackson, WY is home to a lot of rich moderate Republicans but never been there.

Perhaps Rand Paul is being reward with support because of his support for the very popular Enzi?
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Shave 2% off Cruz's numbers in all these polls and add the difference to Rand's.

Quote Originally Posted by eduardo89 View Post
    Cruz and Rand both know that only one of them can run. I'm glad Cruz is getting ~10% in almost every poll, because that support can easily be gained by Rand.
    Cruz being up on that stage is going to be very important to helping Rand not look out of step with the party. You don't want to have everyone disagree with you on an issue, it's an extremely tough fight. Just see Ron Paul 2008, where almost every opponent wanted to attack various views.

Quote Originally Posted by Bastiat's The Law View Post
    Shave 2% off Cruz's numbers in all these polls and add the difference to Rand's.
    It's definitely more than 2%. I'd venture that 5-7% of the people who picked Cruz as their #1 in this poll have Rand as their #2.

Hard to believe that PPP isn't asking people who their "2nd and 3rd favorite candidates" are?? The question is not included within the crosstabs.

My guess is that PPP is purposefully avoiding the question (or asking it, but not including the results in the crosstabs) because they know the crossover makes both Rand & Cruz 2x stronger than the topline results show (re: remove Cruz and Rand = 24%).

If you have twitter, definitely ask @ppppolls who Rand & Cruz supporters pick as their #2 and #3 candidates.

Alan Simpson was a moderate Republican, though Wyoming has gotten more conservative. Barrasso was originally a pro-choice moderate but is now a pretty solid conservative.

Quote Originally Posted by supermario21 View Post
    Alan Simpson was a moderate Republican, though Wyoming has gotten more conservative. Barrasso was originally a pro-choice moderate but is now a pretty solid conservative.
    Funny how you judge someone's conservatism by his attutide to a medical procedure.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by JCDenton0451 View Post
    Funny how you judge someone's conservatism by his attutide to a medical procedure.
    Pregnancy is not a disease, so abortion is not a medical procedure.

Quote Originally Posted by eduardo89 View Post
    Pregnancy is not a disease, so abortion is not a medical procedure.
    I'm pretty sure executions are referred to as a medical procedure, so even if you think abortion is murder, it should still warrant the same label imo.

Quote Originally Posted by WD-NY View Post
    It's definitely more than 2%. I'd venture that 5-7% of the people who picked Cruz as their #1 in this poll have Rand as their #2.

Hard to believe that PPP isn't asking people who their "2nd and 3rd favorite candidates" are?? The question is not included within the crosstabs.

My guess is that PPP is purposefully avoiding the question (or asking it, but not including the results in the crosstabs) because they know the crossover makes both Rand & Cruz 2x stronger than the topline results show (re: remove Cruz and Rand = 24%).

If you have twitter, definitely ask @ppppolls who Rand & Cruz supporters pick as their #2 and #3 candidates.
    That's what I mean. Cruz is sitting at 12% in Montana, subtract 2% from that and add the remaining 10% to Rand's 21%. Rand is hovering around 31% without Cruz in the race.

<script type=
    Today I decided to get banned and spam activism on this forum...

SUPPORT RANDPAULDIGITAL GRASSROOTS PROJECTS TODAY!

http://i.imgur.com/SORJlQ5.png

For more info. or to help spread the word, go to the promotion thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JCDenton0451 View Post
    Based on the Texas bill, the judgement is based on their attitude to giving more money to big medical:

The bill would mandate that a doctor who performs abortions have admitting privileges at a nearby hospital, and to require that clinics meet the same standards as other surgical health-care facilities in the state.[2][3][4][5] Another provision would require oversight of women taking abortion-inducing drugs such as RU-486.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Senate_Bill_5
    It greenlights 99% of abortions and ensures more of them occur in the taxpayer-funded boondongles that are our nation's hospitals.

Quote Originally Posted by mwkaufman View Post
    Cruz being up on that stage is going to be very important to helping Rand not look out of step with the party. You don't want to have everyone disagree with you on an issue, it's an extremely tough fight. Just see Ron Paul 2008, where almost every opponent wanted to attack various views.
    You're premise is correct. The only issue Rand could use some help on stage is with foreign policy and Cruz doesn't seem to be on board with that. Unless sexual assault in the military is brought up...
    Founder and leader of the militant wing of the Salvation Army.

Good to see Rubio and Santorum so low in the poll. The good peopel of Wyoming are seemingly rejecting these two big government RINO's.
    Too bad our elected officials are not as aggressively trying to reduce the federal deficit as they are trying to strip us of our constitutional rights.

this is just glorious. just glorious.

The time has come. Praise the Lord.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by georgiaboy View Post
    this is just glorious. just glorious.

The time has come. Praise the Lord.
    +1