Thread: House Passes Broun Amendment to Protect Americans from Drone Surveillance

House Passes Broun Amendment to Protect Americans from Drone Surveillance

This was off my radar. Seems like a good Amendment...

House Passes Broun Amendment to Protect Americans from Drone Surveillance

Washington, Jul 24 - U.S. Congressman Paul Broun, M.D. (GA-10) today released the following statement after the passage of his amendment to H.R. 2397, the Fiscal Year 2014 Department of Defense Appropriations Act. The Broun Amendment would prohibit the use of funds to operate drones outside of the bounds established by the Fourth Amendment.

“I am pleased that my colleagues stood with me to protect our constitutional rights,” said Rep Broun. “My amendment would put a check on drone activities funded by the Department of Defense to ensure that our military never becomes a component of the broad domestic surveillance being reported today. The practice of the federal government indiscriminately capturing and retaining our private information ‘just in case’ – and promising not to use it if they decide we aren’t criminals – has got to stop. It is absolutely critical that we fight for liberty as envisioned by our Founders, and reject any efforts which infringe upon our constitutional right to privacy.”

http://broun.house.gov/news/document...umentID=343726
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    totally off my radar. good for us.

nice find Brian.

Wish he would of replaced 'Department of Defense' with 'All Federal Government Agencies, including the entire Executive Branch'
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

The Broun Amendment would prohibit the use of funds to operate drones outside of the bounds established by the Fourth Amendment.
    Doesn't mean much. The courts interpret the bounds of the 4th amendment and they have not been eager to uphold any resemblance of original intent.